• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Illaden View Post
    she?
    Hmm now I got confused
    My mistake; Fivefold Masks is a "they."

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Two this time.

Are charms learned via Gloaming Eye Understanding learned instantly or subject to training times?

Could a high social Solar make a deal or otherwise convince a spirit to tithe part of it's worship to them? If so would a sufficient amount of such deals grant the Solar the Cult merit from this collective veneration?

Wisdom of the Ancient Sages (Homebrew sorcerous initiation based on anima) | Expanded spells & charm for Elemental summoning

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        It's more of an art than a science. Making it a repurchase is often more wordcount efficient, but some effects benefit from being blocked off as a separate Charm, either for cleaner mechanical implementation or to make the concept of what the effect is actually doing clearer.

They're not going away entirely. Some of the more character concept-distorting ones, like Witness to Darkness, will likely be moved away from the beginnings of long Charm trees.
        Thank you for the response. Here are a few more Infernal questions, if you do not mind.

Ah, from that comment would it be safe to assume you are keeping some charms from the previous edition?

In the previous edition the charms were the Yozis own. Are Infernal charms now just inspired by them, and drawing power from them?
        By that I mean attempts at emulating their power instead of their actual powers.

Would some charms perhaps be inspired by the demons themselves as well as the Yozi?

If not could there be an increased affinity to learning Demon Charms for Infernals?

I have heard that there will be emphasis on crafting Shintai transformations. Will we be allowed multiple transformations or will the Infernals only have an individual transformation?

Comment

Sublime Danger is a master of Thousand Blades style, whose name tells you basically what you need to know about it.
          Oh, any plans to write up Thousand Blades Style? Like, is it a formalized Martial Art in Creation?

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

Oh, any plans to write up Thousand Blades Style? Like, is it a formalized Martial Art in Creation?
            It's under discussion, but we haven't found a book to put it into yet.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
              Ah, from that comment would it be safe to assume you are keeping some charms from the previous edition?
              Some, but not all.

In the previous edition the charms were the Yozis own. Are Infernal charms now just inspired by them, and drawing power from them?
              By that I mean attempts at emulating their power instead of their actual powers.
              Infernal Charms are uniquely their own. They evoke the Yozis in the same way that Solar Charms evoke the Unconquered Sun and Abyssal Charms evoke the Deathlords, but they aren't limited purely to that.

Would some charms perhaps be inspired by the demons themselves as well as the Yozi?

If not could there be an increased affinity to learning Demon Charms for Infernals?
              I think the latter's more likely.

I have heard that there will be emphasis on crafting Shintai transformations. Will we be allowed multiple transformations or will the Infernals only have an individual transformation?
              Not far along enough in the design process to say.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• While I'd like to ask the general question of what sorts of backgrounds a typical starting Dynast might have to represent how such people are situated in Realm society (which, I think, would have been a really helpful addition to the DB manuscript), I'll confine my question to something a bit more narrow: what backgrounds might typify a starting Immaculate monk from a Great House?

More specifically, would two dots in Backing: Immaculate Order make sense? What about Influence? I'm not sure why I don't know the answer to this next one: do Dynasts formally in the Order still receive stipends from their Houses?

I'm crafting my first DB character based on the manuscript, so I'm trying to get a better sense of what makes sense.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Equitable Remedy View Post
                  While I'd like to ask the general question of what sorts of backgrounds a typical starting Dynast might have to represent how such people are situated in Realm society (which, I think, would have been a really helpful addition to the DB manuscript), I'll confine my question to something a bit more narrow: what backgrounds might typify a starting Immaculate monk from a Great House?

More specifically, would two dots in Backing: Immaculate Order make sense?
                  That sounds fair, much like the corebook example of a dues-paying Guild member.

Originally posted by Equitable Remedy View Post
                  What about Influence?
                  Depends on the character's situation. Could be zero dots, especially for a monk new to the area who's using a monastic name rather than a Dynastic one. Reputation, connections, holding some sort of local authority, etc., could all be used to justify a higher rating. This is something to discuss with your Storyteller.

Originally posted by Equitable Remedy View Post
                  I'm not sure why I don't know the answer to this next one: do Dynasts formally in the Order still receive stipends from their Houses?
                  Not explicitly stated, but insofar as monks take a vow of poverty, it's fair to assume that they no longer receive stipends while in the Order.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

A fair bit. It's largely opt-in via Charms, and there's some very cool power Lunars can draw out from it.
                    Would there be a sense that the bond is something that worked differently in the First Age?

Alternatively, is opting into it something that might carry costs or risks (even if they're just as limited and simple as emotional investment in a Solar Exalt)?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                    ​https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Fivefold Masks Artifact says Others may roll perception+awareness against with wielders Guile+essence. How is this done? Am I rolling guile + essence vs them is it my guile + Essence charm successes or is a difficulty set by adding my guile and essence together?

Comment

• If I successfully disengage from Character A, when I move out to short range, can I use that movement to move into close range with Character B who was at short range from us both?

Further, let us suppose that Character B then successfully Disengages from me, and moves out to medium range from Character A rather than into close range with her.

If Character A moves after me and triggers my reflexive retreating Move action, can I also use that to chase after Character B?

And would that action trigger Character B’s own reflexive retreat?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• When using Threefold Magnetic Ardor, if I have appearance 5 and a target has resolve 2 it converts the 3 bonus dice that you'd normally get to bonus successes. It specifically says that these count as bonus from charms. However, I'm confused as to how that interacts with a dice limit. If I have Charisma 1 and Presence 4 I would normally be able to add 5 dice to a roll. TMA is saying it's giving you 3 successes which count as 6 dice towards your limit. Is this ok? Or do I lose one of the auto successes?

Another way of putting this is:

normal bonus from Appearance vs resolve difference = 3 non-charm dice
                          TMA = 3 successes from charms, normally counting as 6 dice from charms

Is this calculated as 3 dice from charms and 3 non-charm dice or 6 dice from charms? If this is 6 dice from charms, what happens if this would normally be breaking a dice cap on the action being enhanced?

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

A fair bit. It's largely opt-in via Charms, and there's some very cool power Lunars can draw out from it.
                            Can a Lunar who opts in have their mate be an Abyssal or Infernal?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                              Would there be a sense that the bond is something that worked differently in the First Age?
                              I don't think so.

Alternatively, is opting into it something that might carry costs or risks (even if they're just as limited and simple as emotional investment in a Solar Exalt)?
                              The vast majority of Charms that build upon the Solar Bond are all-upside. There are some potential risks, but I don't want people to see the Solar Bond as a drawback.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                                Fivefold Masks Artifact says Others may roll perception+awareness against with wielders Guile+essence. How is this done? Am I rolling guile + essence vs them is it my guile + Essence charm successes or is a difficulty set by adding my guile and essence together?
                                The latter.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X