Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we get any surprises or announcements on future kickstarter dates from you guys in GenCon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asoral View Post
      Will we get any surprises or announcements on future kickstarter dates from you guys in GenCon?
      I'm not gonna be able to attend, but there might be a chance to play with Lunars...

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So, the Seven Storms Brotherhood hang out in Lake Makrata, one of those lakes north of Ember, west of Harborhead. And Lake Makrata is in the shadow of mountains full of thieves and bandits.

Is Makrata supposed to be a particular lake? There's a whole bunch of lakes next to each other. The one in the middle? West? East? One of the big ones or one of the small ones?
        And the mountains full of thieves and bandits where they have their hide-out, is that on the west (between the lakes and Varang), the south, east, or north (between the lakes and Jiara)?
        I assume it's the west or south, since a road to Varang is mentioned.

Or is just supposed to be one of the lakes, and it doesn't really matter which?

Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 06-30-2018, 12:46 PM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          So, the Seven Storms Brotherhood hang out in Lake Makrata, one of those lakes north of Ember, west of Harborhead. And Lake Makrata is in the shadow of mountains full of thieves and bandits.

Is Makrata supposed to be a particular lake? There's a whole bunch of lakes next to each other. The one in the middle? West? East? One of the big ones or one of the small ones?
          And the mountains full of thieves and bandits where they have their hide-out, is that on the west (between the lakes and Varang), the south, east, or north (between the lakes and Jiara)?
          I assume it's the west or south, since a road to Varang is mentioned.

Or is just supposed to be one of the lakes, and it doesn't really matter which?

Makrata is the...uh, southwestmost?...of the lakes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Yeah, it is a bit awkward to describe which one is which.

That does make sense, with the details. So presumably it's those mountains between the lakes and Varang that their base is in. Cool.

That's useful, because our game is set there, and we find it difficult to describe which lake is which (it's always "the lake where the Cult base is" or "the lake that borders Harborhead". So I thought knowing the name would be useful. Thanks.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• What exactly is Loadstar? An automaton? An animal? A spirit? Or a being of a singular nature?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                What exactly is Loadstar? An automaton? An animal? A spirit? Or a being of a singular nature?
                The ambiguity goes back to Creatures of the Wyld, which, like Adversaries, describes him as an automaton but also notes that he has organs. I think it's most useful to just think of him as a person first, and a being of a singular nature second.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Ok, quick question:
                  If you don't have crafts at all, could you design blueprints for artifacts, weapons and buildings if having high lore and occult? Add specialities if needed...

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    There's a preview of Prasad that can be found here. The upcoming book Across the Eight Directions will go into more detail on other Dreaming Sea locales.

If I may ask, chief: Will we see any QC stats on the Yennin champions of Volivat? Of which the 'greatest...champions are a match for the sorcerer-princes of Ysyr and the Dragon-Blooded warriors of Prasad.' Maybe a little more for ideas? They really have intrigued me since the core launched.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cthulhu_Wakes View Post

If I may ask, chief: Will we see any QC stats on the Yennin champions of Volivat? Of which the 'greatest...champions are a match for the sorcerer-princes of Ysyr and the Dragon-Blooded warriors of Prasad.' Maybe a little more for ideas? They really have intrigued me since the core launched.
                      We're planning to include a QC stat block for an experienced Yennin champion.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Can Heart-Eating Fist, Soul Mastery, or other Charms that create instant-kill gambits be affected by any of the modes of Heavenly Guardian Defense? I assumed the 4m 1wp mode would work on them, as they are essentially uncountable damage gambits (doing just enough damage to kill you regardless of your amount of health levels as long as they succeed at the gambit), but I wanted to know if this was intended to work like that, if any other modes would affect them, or if in fact HGD is inapplicable against such Charms

Comment

• With Increasing Strength Exercise, you can potentially double your strength rating (at Essence 5). With Falling Scythe Flash, you double your strength rating for calculating raw damage on a withering attack. How do these two charms (or Increasing Strength Exercise and another Charm that increases you Strength or directly references your Strength) interact?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                            What's your seven thousandth post going to be about?
                            Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            a puppy
                            Y'know what, that's on me. I should've guessed that.

Thanks for this thread and all your hard work in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by draconis1127@gmail.com View Post
                              With Increasing Strength Exercise, you can potentially double your strength rating (at Essence 5). With Falling Scythe Flash, you double your strength rating for calculating raw damage on a withering attack. How do these two charms (or Increasing Strength Exercise and another Charm that increases you Strength or directly references your Strength) interact?
                              Bonus dots from Increasing Strength Exercise aren't counted as part of your actual Strength. Falling Scythe Flash would double your base Strength, then Increasing Strength Exercise's bonus dots would add to that, following the normal order of operations.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post
                                Can Heart-Eating Fist, Soul Mastery, or other Charms that create instant-kill gambits be affected by any of the modes of Heavenly Guardian Defense? I assumed the 4m 1wp mode would work on them, as they are essentially uncountable damage gambits (doing just enough damage to kill you regardless of your amount of health levels as long as they succeed at the gambit), but I wanted to know if this was intended to work like that, if any other modes would affect them, or if in fact HGD is inapplicable against such Charms
                                Letting the 4m, 1wp mode do it sounds about right.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X