This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    If y'all do, could you try and make sure most of the new Deathlords are female-coded? It's kinda awkward that we've only got the three.
    Yeah, that's come up internally.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Beyond body-horror, what other themes will we see with Liminals, and how will those themes affect their charms?

Comment

• Originally posted by RustedAir View Post
        Beyond body-horror, what other themes will we see with Liminals, and how will those themes affect their charms?
        The fundamental Liminal play experience is modeled on the many stories of created life that inspire them—that of a human being wrestling with questions of identity and discovering who they are. I wouldn't expect to see that whole thing boiled down into a single Charm, but I would expect Charms that give subtle nudges in those narrative directions.

Liminal themes also encompass decay as a natural facet of the cycle of life and death, an affinity for dead things, and power over the passions and secrets of both the living and the dead, among other things. I think it's easier to see how those might come through in their Charms.
        Last edited by Robert Vance; 07-05-2018, 12:23 AM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
          If y'all do, could you try and make sure most of the new Deathlords are female-coded? It's kinda awkward that we've only got the three.

And notably they're the three to be explicitly titled for clothing (Robes of Black Feathers, Raiment of Tears, Unrent Veils). I guess you can count "Mask of Winter" as clothing, but it's pretty contextually different.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            Liminal themes also encompass decay as a natural facet of the cycle of life and death, an affinity for dead things, and power over the passions and secrets of both the living and the dead, among other things. I think it's easier to see how those might come through in their Charms.
            If Liminals don't have Necromancy, how do their Charms interact with/compare to the Necromancy of others? Like, is their power to lay to rest a ghost stronger than a Necromancer's to bind them? Are they naturally resistant to, or naturally vulnerable to, Necromancy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post

If Liminals don't have Necromancy, how do their Charms interact with/compare to the Necromancy of others? Like, is their power to lay to rest a ghost stronger than a Necromancer's to bind them? Are they naturally resistant to, or naturally vulnerable to, Necromancy?
              Vance's said they get First Circle Necromancy.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Do Lunars get stuck in their true form in the Iconic Anima state, or is that no longer the case in 3e?

Also, for Latent abilities, animal forms don't get a uniform quantity, will Lunars be expected or allowed to make their own Latent abilities, and how will that work? Asking since every possible animal isn't stated out, and Lunars will be able to learn Latent (if nor magical) abilities from their animal shapes. More over, what makes a Latent ability separate from an ability that you get intrinsically for those who are making stat blocks for animals not in the books?
                Last edited by ReshyShira; 07-05-2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Robert, thanks so much for the new Terrestrial Occult Charms. I love the ways in which you evoked so many icons of Asian exorcism, and used them to reinforce the physical, elemental, terrestrial leanings of Dragon-Blooded Essence. Relying on mirrors, salt, rivers, prayer strips, and rocks of dramatically sufficient size. Anti-spirit Charms that work on a generational basis, which plays to "Belmont Lineage versus Dracula" stories in a way that Celestial Exalted Charms simply do not.

I look forward to what you do with Lunar Charms.

Am I wrong to suppose Lunars will feel a lot like the youkai that Terrestrial martial artists and warrior-exorcists combat? Youkai-as-Exalted, as opposed to the Raksha's Youaki-as-otherworldly-alien.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
                    Do Lunars get stuck in their true form in the Iconic Anima state, or is that no longer the case in 3e?
                    No longer the case.

Also, for Latent abilities, animal forms don't get a uniform quantity, will Lunars be expected or allowed to make their own Latent abilities, and how will that work? Asking since every possible animal isn't stated out, and Lunars will be able to learn Latent (if nor magical) abilities from their animal shapes.
                    Just generally speaking, you can come up with custom latent abilities for an animal that's your familiar or, if you're a Lunar, that you can turn into.

More over, what makes a Latent ability separate from an ability that you get intrinsically for those who are making stat blocks for animals not in the books?
                    A latent ability is something that an animal may be physically capable of doing, but doesn't instinctively do, requiring it to be trained to perform the action. For a Lunar, training to learn a latent ability represents taking time to familiarize themself with an animal form and figure out the full extent of what they can do with that form.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                      Robert, thanks so much for the new Terrestrial Occult Charms. I love the ways in which you evoked so many icons of Asian exorcism, and used them to reinforce the physical, elemental, terrestrial leanings of Dragon-Blooded Essence. Relying on mirrors, salt, rivers, prayer strips, and rocks of dramatically sufficient size. Anti-spirit Charms that work on a generational basis, which plays to "Belmont Lineage versus Dracula" stories in a way that Celestial Exalted Charms simply do not.

I look forward to what you do with Lunar Charms.

Am I wrong to suppose Lunars will feel a lot like the youkai that Terrestrial martial artists and warrior-exorcists combat? Youkai-as-Exalted, as opposed to the Raksha's Youaki-as-otherworldly-alien.
                      Lunars can play the part of the both monster and the monster hunter exceedingly well. Sometimes, both at the same time.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will there be a moonsilver flamepiece in Fangs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
                          Will there be a moonsilver flamepiece in Fangs?
                          Yep! 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• A Player of Mine wanted to ask the following question
                            "If a Solar has motes from Harmony with Nature Approach committed (no cost, instant charm duration, once per day generate Survival only motes with a simple action that vanish at the end of the day if they aren’t used, Miracles of the Solar Exalted, pg. 34) to an effect lasting longer than one day (Elements-Sculpted Avatar, Eye-Deceiving Camouflage, Saga Beast Virtue, etc.), can the Solar activate Harmony with Nature Approach again on another day or must all charms supported by the extra motes end before the Solar can gain more motes from Harmony with Nature Approach?"

Comment

• What makes Moonblessed distinct from Beastfolk? Do they get minor supernatural abilities like the Tells from Werewolf the Forsaken's Wolfblooded?
                              Last edited by ReshyShira; 07-05-2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                Lunars can play the part of the both monster and the monster hunter exceedingly well. Sometimes, both at the same time.
                                And now I’m imagining two Lunars repeatedly pulling the “Dragon Slayer Scam” from Dragonheart. Possibly even just one Lunar, if they’ve got enough trickery magic.

Comment

Working...
                                X