Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What makes Moonblessed distinct from Beastfolk? Do they get minor supernatural abilities like the Tells from Werewolf the Forsaken's Wolfblooded?
    Last edited by ReshyShira; 07-05-2018, 06:12 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Lunars can play the part of the both monster and the monster hunter exceedingly well. Sometimes, both at the same time.
      And now I’m imagining two Lunars repeatedly pulling the “Dragon Slayer Scam” from Dragonheart. Possibly even just one Lunar, if they’ve got enough trickery magic.


      ....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
        A Player of Mine wanted to ask the following question
        "If a Solar has motes from Harmony with Nature Approach committed (no cost, instant charm duration, once per day generate Survival only motes with a simple action that vanish at the end of the day if they aren’t used, Miracles of the Solar Exalted, pg. 34) to an effect lasting longer than one day (Elements-Sculpted Avatar, Eye-Deceiving Camouflage, Saga Beast Virtue, etc.), can the Solar activate Harmony with Nature Approach again on another day or must all charms supported by the extra motes end before the Solar can gain more motes from Harmony with Nature Approach?"
        There's not any textual basis for answering that question, so that ultimately comes down to your discretion as Storyteller. I think what I'd do is count any leftover motes against the amount generated by subsequent activations.


        Developer for Exalted

        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

        Robert Vance's Patreon

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
          What makes Moonblessed distinct from Beastfolk?
          Moon-Blessed = Children of Lunar Exalted who get a touch of magical power from that.

          Beastfolk = Humans with animal features. Some are children of Lunars, some are created by Lunars, others are Wyld mutants, others got a blessing from an animal god, others got warped by sorcery, etc. Lots of places they can come from.

          Do they get minor supernatural abilities like the Tells from Werewolf the Forsaken's Wolfblooded?
          Moon-Touched can essentially be thought of as a type of god-blodoed in terms of their access to supernatural power.


          Developer for Exalted

          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

          Robert Vance's Patreon

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

            And now I’m imagining two Lunars repeatedly pulling the “Dragon Slayer Scam” from Dragonheart. Possibly even just one Lunar, if they’ve got enough trickery magic.
            You could definitely run that as a one-woman show.


            Developer for Exalted

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Robert Vance's Patreon

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              You can make a mundane Craft roll with zero dots (but for artifacts, you actually gotta have the right Craft).
              wait what

              I was very much under the impression that wasn't the case at all! In the corebook, Beginning a Basic/Major Project (both!) say that you need the correct tools, materials, and Craft ability. Between that and Arete-Shifting Prana being a thing, I was entirely convinced that you couldn't do a project without at least a dot in the relevant skill, and given how finely Craft skills are divided, I thought that would require either a massive experience/training time expenditure or being really quick on the draw with Hero-style 'Calligraphy and architecture share the same basic principles...' lines to feed the Storyteller.

              So, to be clear, you can do Basic and Major projects without the specific skill required, just barging through on Int and audacity? Because if that's the case, most of my problems with the crafting system just went up in smoke.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                There's not any textual basis for answering that question, so that ultimately comes down to your discretion as Storyteller. I think what I'd do is count any leftover motes against the amount generated by subsequent activations.
                thanks! he wants me to ask another question that is kinda related .

                Are motes drawn by Essence Drawing Method of Spirit-Tied Pet (pg. 410, Ex 3rd Core Edition) separate from the Solar’s normal mote pool, or do they recover spent motes? If they are separate, if they are committed to a charm with a duration of indefinite, will they interfere with the drawing of motes from other familiars?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                  thanks! he wants me to ask another question that is kinda related .

                  Are motes drawn by Essence Drawing Method of Spirit-Tied Pet (pg. 410, Ex 3rd Core Edition) separate from the Solar’s normal mote pool, or do they recover spent motes?
                  They go into your normal pool.


                  Developer for Exalted

                  Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                  Robert Vance's Patreon

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lindhrive View Post

                    wait what

                    I was very much under the impression that wasn't the case at all! In the corebook, Beginning a Basic/Major Project (both!) say that you need the correct tools, materials, and Craft ability. Between that and Arete-Shifting Prana being a thing, I was entirely convinced that you couldn't do a project without at least a dot in the relevant skill, and given how finely Craft skills are divided, I thought that would require either a massive experience/training time expenditure or being really quick on the draw with Hero-style 'Calligraphy and architecture share the same basic principles...' lines to feed the Storyteller.

                    So, to be clear, you can do Basic and Major projects without the specific skill required, just barging through on Int and audacity? Because if that's the case, most of my problems with the crafting system just went up in smoke.
                    The Storyteller might deem some projects impossible without actually having dots in an appropriate Craft, but that's not all of them. I don't know the first thing about carpentry, but I can put together an Ikea bookshelf.


                    Developer for Exalted

                    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                    Robert Vance's Patreon

                    Comment


                    • Are you going to do any previews of Lunar charms/rules like you did with DBs? Are they likely to be sooner or later?


                      My characters:
                      Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                      Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

                      Comment


                      • Would being Moon-Blessed only apply to the first generation, while Beastfolk features can be passed down?


                        Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                          Would being Moon-Blessed only apply to the first generation, while Beastfolk features can be passed down?
                          Don't want to give an ex cathedra answer to that before we've had enough time to talk it over.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                            Are you going to do any previews of Lunar charms/rules like you did with DBs?
                            Yep.

                            Are they likely to be sooner or later?
                            Sooner.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • Lunars might not be the Lorax, or otherwise have a major environmentalist bent running through the whole, but would you find it plausible for there to be the odd individual Lunar that identifies more with a certain species of animal, prefers to hang out with it, and acts as an advocate for them and champions their preservation? Enkidu if he was never beguiled by the lures of civilization? A Nymeria to help organise wolves against Medieval European attempts to exterminate them?


                              I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

                              Comment


                              • I suppose then, what traits are associated with godblooded?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X