This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Any exciting new elementals forthcoming?
    I think Meghan has a few more elementals lined up for future releases of Hundred Devils Night Parade. I also wrote a named ifrit for Adversaries of the Righteous.

You'll definitely see a bunch of new elementals in other books farther down the line, but we haven't had a chance to start development on that yet.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      The children of Exalted are equal in power to other god-blooded.
      Oh, now this is something I was curious about, but I don't recall seeing it in the What Fire has Wrought preview: Do the un-Exalted children of Dragon-Blooded inherit any of their parents' divinity at all? Affinity for sorcery, say, or could it be used to justify supernatural Merits?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindhrive View Post

Oh, now this is something I was curious about, but I don't recall seeing it in the What Fire has Wrought preview: Do the un-Exalted children of Dragon-Blooded inherit any of their parents' divinity at all? Affinity for sorcery, say, or could it be used to justify supernatural Merits?
        No. They'll have to settle for being born into unimaginable wealth and privilege.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
          I think Meghan has a few more elementals lined up for future releases of Hundred Devils Night Parade. I also wrote a named ifrit for Adversaries of the Righteous.
          Yep, there are a bunch more elementals coming in HDNP and a few more in Adversaries!

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
          Changeling: The Lost 2e developer

Comment

• How does physical aging work for DBs? Are they effectively in their 20s to 30s until they get close to the natural end of their life? Or is it mapped onto their roughly 300 year lifespan, and simply age at a slower rate than normal humans?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
              How does physical aging work for DBs? Are they effectively in their 20s to 30s until they get close to the natural end of their life? Or is it mapped onto their roughly 300 year lifespan, and simply age at a slower rate than normal humans?
              They remain in their physical prime for the majority of their lifespan. Signs of advanced age don't appear until the last decades, and age-related infirmity only occurs in the last years.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

They remain in their physical prime for the majority of their lifespan. Signs of advanced age don't appear until the last decades, and age-related infirmity only occurs in the last years.
                This works like ordinary people's aging, however, in that sometimes a Dragon-Blood may show signs of aging faster or slower than the norm, whether from lucky inheritance or from treating their body especially well or poorly.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Is there a Lunar Charm yet for sundering an enemy's weapon on your Nemean Lion-like hide, or will I have to write my own?

Comment

• So there are martial arts that can't be practiced by mortals. Can the same be said for sidereal styles and solars? Are there some that are too esoteric to learn?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

This works like ordinary people's aging, however, in that sometimes a Dragon-Blood may show signs of aging faster or slower than the norm, whether from lucky inheritance or from treating their body especially well or poorly.
                      Thus Tepet Arada and Cathak Cainan looking like an old man and a very good looking one man, despite them both being near the ends of their lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                        So there are martial arts that can't be practiced by mortals. Can the same be said for sidereal styles and solars? Are there some that are too esoteric to learn?
                        Probably not.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

What's its name? I wanna write Evocations for it.
                          Did you ever get around to writing up that soulsteel violin's Evocations?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                            Did you ever get around to writing up that soulsteel violin's Evocations?
                            I did, although they didn't get updated to the Resonant/Dissonant system. There's still some hope we'll see it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

No. They'll have to settle for being born into unimaginable wealth and privilege.
                              Having the strong possibility that one of your own children could be born superhuman isn’t anything to scoff at, either. Most parents want their children to lead better lives than theirs.

Also, other superhumans of the same type tend to place you a close second in marriage prospects (over a distant third that includes the vast majority of the world) precisely so that your children will be superhuman. Bonus: Your spouse is likely to be rich as hell and still young even when you’re old.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• If a dragon-blooded were to meet with one or more of the five elemental dragons, would said dragon-blooded be able to have their exaltation strengthened or their blood made stronger? Also, can a dragon king become an exalted through exigence?

Comment

Working...
                                X