Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the potential scope of an N/A artifact that interacts with sorcery in third edition? Workings at the solar level seem to already allow for world-shaking wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Probably not.
      Hmm. So no styles that are almost impossible to use without the sutra?

Comment

• Originally posted by kilbert View Post
        What is the potential scope of an N/A artifact that interacts with sorcery in third edition? Workings at the solar level seem to already allow for world-shaking wonder.
        The Mantle of Brigid and the Eye of Autochthon would be some examples.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Daeth View Post
          If a dragon-blooded were to meet with one or more of the five elemental dragons, would said dragon-blooded be able to have their exaltation strengthened or their blood made stronger?
          The canonical answer to that question is never going to be yes, but I don't want to give a "no" that shuts down options at individual groups' tables.

Also, can a dragon king become an exalted through exigence?
          No. The olchiliké, Dragon Kings ridden by gods, fill a similar role, though.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

The Mantle of Brigid and the Eye of Autochthon would be some examples.
            would the mantle of brigid still increase the essence level of the wielder in 3rd or would it do something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
              would the mantle of brigid still increase the essence level of the wielder in 3rd or would it do something else?
              I think we can find more interesting things to do with it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I think we can find more interesting things to do with it.
                Like free cake!

Freelance writer for Exalted Third Edition.

Comment

• Are the Dragon-Blooded on the same footing as their Celestial counterparts when navigating the Heavenly City in Ex3? I wasn't a big fan of earlier editions' stance of not letting them into Yu-Shan without a Celestial Exalt or god to vouch for them.

​How tough do you expect a Celestial Lion to be in a fight? What'd be the closest thing you'd compare them to, stats-wise?

Comment

• Do you think there is still a place for Falling Blossom Style when mortals can’t learn it anymore? Considering how much the Style encourages and expects its adherents to die.

Or are Exalted better off learning Stone Lion Style, where the assumption is that the martial artist can protect someone and survive to keep doing so?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                      Are the Dragon-Blooded on the same footing as their Celestial counterparts when navigating the Heavenly City in Ex3? I wasn't a big fan of earlier editions' stance of not letting them into Yu-Shan without a Celestial Exalt or god to vouch for them.
                      Ancillary question; does the Realm know about the outcaste bloodline that lives in Yu-Shan? If a Dragon Blood from Creation visits Heaven, will the natives go out of their way to avoid them?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                        Are the Dragon-Blooded on the same footing as their Celestial counterparts when navigating the Heavenly City in Ex3? I wasn't a big fan of earlier editions' stance of not letting them into Yu-Shan without a Celestial Exalt or god to vouch for them.
                        Suffice it to say that one sidebar from Second Edition no longer holds true.

​How tough do you expect a Celestial Lion to be in a fight? What'd be the closest thing you'd compare them to, stats-wise?
                        Based on Games of Divinity, I think they'll be pretty buff. Possibly on par with a combat-oriented Second Circle Demon, but weaker than Ahlat.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                          Do you think there is still a place for Falling Blossom Style when mortals can’t learn it anymore? Considering how much the Style encourages and expects its adherents to die.
                          Not without some major reconceptualization.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                            Ancillary question; does the Realm know about the outcaste bloodline that lives in Yu-Shan?
                            I'm going to guess probably not. Heaven's Dragons will get more discussion in Heirs to the Shogunate.

If a Dragon Blood from Creation visits Heaven, will the natives go out of their way to avoid them?
                            Assuming you're referring to Yu-Shan's human population, I don't think so, but Yu-Shan is a very big place, and it doesn't get a whole lot of Dragon-Blooded visitors.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Assuming you're referring to Yu-Shan's human population, I don't think so, but Yu-Shan is a very big place, and it doesn't get a whole lot of Dragon-Blooded visitors.
                              Nono, I was referring to Heaven's Dragons specifically; would they have a preference for actively being a secret from their Terrestrial cousins, or have a disdainful and slightly isolationist attitude towards them, or is their being unknown in the world basically an accident that they don't go out of their way to correct?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Suffice it to say that one sidebar from Second Edition no longer holds true.
                                It's in Exalted: the Sidereals, too. >.<

I was flipping through E:tS, and there was this whole passage about how Essence 5+ gods, Essence 6+ Celestial Exalted, and Eclipse Caste Solars were let into Yu-Shan without question; how anyone with a Celestial Manse was admitted; how any god or Celestial on business with Heaven was admitted (including Sidereals, since that's where their jobs are); but when it came to Dragon-Blooded, they were only allowed in under the same circumstances as mortals.

Comment

Working...
                                X