This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post

Would it be Stone Lion Style or Lion Style? Or it being Stone Lion style means you'll have to think of another kung fu animal style? (I'm biased to more normal animal styles myself.)
    Lion Style would be an animal style based on lions. Stone Lion style emulates teodozjia.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Lion Style would be an animal style based on lions. Stone Lion style emulates teodozjia.

Given it's defend other focus, I kinda now want "demonic phalanx lions" as a martial arts group. Is it shields compatible at the moment?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• For feats of strength and demolition on the table on page 231 is it appropriate to treat some of those feats as extended actions? Things like "slowly bash through a brick wall' certainly sound like extended actions but they're in the same difficulty and on the same line, even, as actions such as 'snap iron manacles' which sounds more like a one turn succeed or fail type roll to me.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
          For feats of strength and demolition on the table on page 231 is it appropriate to treat some of those feats as extended actions? Things like "slowly bash through a brick wall' certainly sound like extended actions but they're in the same difficulty and on the same line, even, as actions such as 'snap iron manacles' which sounds more like a one turn succeed or fail type roll to me.
          I think the intent with those is that it's a single roll that just takes a while to complete, although using extended actions for feats of strength is perfectly valid when the ST thinks it's appropriate.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Not a hard-and-fast rule for that. I'd leave it up to the Storyteller.
            But what do you think?

Originally posted by Robert Vance
            I'd let you do that as a repair project.
            I had this silly image in which a suit could be duplicated in the manner of a starfish, in which somebody found a separated greave and used that as the starting basis of a repair action, and now there's two of them.

(Obviously it would be more sensible to only be able to start from the larger portion)

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Do you need to activate reed in the wind in order to benefit the enhanced evasion cap or is that effect passive?

Comment

And the Celestial (Jade?) Lions of Yu-Shan? I thought it was supposed to emulate both.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• I thought those were gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                    And the Celestial (Jade?) Lions of Yu-Shan? I thought it was supposed to emulate both.
                    The Celestial Lions are wrought of orichalcum.

Comment

I think the intent with those is that it's a single roll that just takes a while to complete, although using extended actions for feats of strength is perfectly valid when the ST thinks it's appropriate.
                      I thought the on Ten ox meditation sidebar treated it like an extended action.

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                        Do you need to activate reed in the wind in order to benefit the enhanced evasion cap or is that effect passive?
                        Have to activate it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

But what do you think?
                          I think that the prospect of my off-the-top-of-my head opinions being enshrined in Nishikriya for all eternity and potentially making people think they can't do what they want with their own games is a scary thing. So, sometimes I give non-answers!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• This is probably super obvious but I just wanted to make sure... does Supernal Occult allow Solars to get celestial and solar level sorcery without meeting the essence requirements?

3e Scavenger Lands map
                            3e Combat tracker card
                            2e Nexus map

Comment

I think that the prospect of my off-the-top-of-my head opinions being enshrined in Nishikriya for all eternity and potentially making people think they can't do what they want with their own games is a scary thing. So, sometimes I give non-answers!
                              I will sincerely keep that in mind, as I am genuinely interested in having a clear idea of the boundaries here.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Megapope View Post
                                This is probably super obvious but I just wanted to make sure... does Supernal Occult allow Solars to get celestial and solar level sorcery without meeting the essence requirements?

Not a dev, however this is answered in the core book on p. 361, in the descriptions of the relevant charms. "Celestial Circle Sorcery may not be learned prior to Essence 3 by selecting Occult as a Supernal Ability."

And just in case my question got lost in the shuffle. What was the intent behind Sorcerous Workings not being able to be reversed/undone? And how does that rule interact with an effect like the integrity charm Destiny Manifesting Method?

Comment

Working...
                                X