This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    I don't think we're ever going to stat up the Scarlet Empress, no.
    Hmm, it is a pity that the setting doesn't really have much room for another Essence 6 or higher Dragon Blood.

And I don't mean that as back-handed or anything; it really does seem hard to think of another place in the setting where one makes sense.

Unless... could any of Heaven's Dragons fit the bill? Certainly, I'm sure that if they can't, nobody can.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

We have, and the first drafts of the chapter fiction starring them are awesome. There's one Manipulation Charm I wrote based entirely on what the signature Changing Moon does in one of them.
      That sounds promising.

The old signature Changing Moon, Red Jaws, never made sense as a Changing Moon. The man was originally a hermit woodsman and professional hunter, and "hunter" seemed to be his archetype going forward. Very specifically, the kind of hunter who charged his prey with a moonsilver daiklave in his Deadly Beastman hand. Even his new name of Red Jaws referred to naked violence and killing.

Absolutely nothing about him spoke to being Charismatic, Manipulative, particularly attractive (or even hideous) in Appearance, or interested in disguise as per the old Changing Moon anima power. Strength of Many had much more to do with that, in how he inspired people.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

I don't think we're ever going to stat up the Scarlet Empress, no.
        Would you consider it unreasonable for a Dragon Blooded to achieve essence 6 within their natural ~300ish year lifespan?

Comment

• So, this is weird question but one I thought would be an issue because it mirrors real life, what happens if a teenage dragon-blooded gets pregnant during secondary school? Is it a juno situation or a shotgun wedding?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

A book on the Demon City is so far in the future that it wouldn't be productive to make any statements one way or the other.
            You heard it here first, Ligier unconfirmed for City of Demons. Or not.

But this is a lead in to the question I wanted to come to this thread to ask anyway: How much of Yu Shan are we likely to see detailed in the eventual Sids book? Or will there be a book like how DB are getting The Realm put out as a companion setting book? There's been some arguing betwixt my players about some 2e to 3e conversion details, focusing on whether Gaia still has a jotun form in the Jade Pleasure Dome and what the Immaculate Philosophy has to say about such entity if she even lingers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
              But this is a lead in to the question I wanted to come to this thread to ask anyway: How much of Yu Shan are we likely to see detailed in the eventual Sids book? Or will there be a book like how DB are getting The Realm put out as a companion setting book?
              While nothing's set in stone, my current inclination would be to include a sizable write-up of Yu-Shan in the Sidereals book, with a companion book covering Getimians.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                So, this is weird question but one I thought would be an issue because it mirrors real life, what happens if a teenage dragon-blooded gets pregnant during secondary school? Is it a juno situation or a shotgun wedding?
                I don't think we elaborated on this in Dragon-Blooded? A shotgun wedding seems highly unlikely. The father has no claim on the child, his poor judgment makes him an unsuitable husband, and neither parent is in any position yet to properly raise offspring. Most likely, the child will be adopted by another household within the mother's house.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• As i understand, if a lunar transforms into an animal with a higher strength score he treats the difference as charms bonus dice, but what happens if it transforms into a weaker animal? Can he use his normal strength?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
                    As i understand, if a lunar transforms into an animal with a higher strength score he treats the difference as charms bonus dice, but what happens if it transforms into a weaker animal? Can he use his normal strength?
                    Yes, with the exception of feats of strength.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

Would you consider it unreasonable for a Dragon Blooded to achieve essence 6 within their natural ~300ish year lifespan?
                      When it comes to things that are solely in the realm of Storyteller judgment, I'm not sure the reasonable person standard is of much use. Want to have an Essence 6 Dragon-Blood in your game? Have one. Just recognize that such a character is going to tremendously powerful, one who's cultivated their Essence and supernatural might beyond that of truly mighty figures such as Mnemon, Ragara, and Cevis Ghandarva, someone who could genuinely lay claim to the title of the most powerful Dragon-Blood alive.

(Or at least, contest it, if it turns out the Scarlet Empress is still around)

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

When it comes to things that are solely in the realm of Storyteller judgment, I'm not sure the reasonable person standard is of much use. Want to have an Essence 6 Dragon-Blood in your game? Have one. Just recognize that such a character is going to tremendously powerful, one who's cultivated their Essence and supernatural might beyond that of truly mighty figures such as Mnemon, Ragara, and Cevis Ghandarva, someone who could genuinely lay claim to the title of the most powerful Dragon-Blood alive.

(Or at least, contest it, if it turns out the Scarlet Empress is still around)
                        So while it's more abstracted raising essence to 6+ requires at least 700 years if not at least a thousand in most cases?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post

So while it's more abstracted raising essence to 6+ requires at least 700 years if not at least a thousand in most cases?
                          There's no set-in-stone minimum; it's a Storyteller call.

The reason that Mnemon hasn't attained Essence 6 isn't necessarily 100% a lack of sufficient age, although it's certainly an influential factor.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Which Lunar anima power has changed the most? And which is your favourite?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                              Most likely, the child will be adopted by another household within the mother's house.
                              Do you think it would make sense for a Dynast to be ever raised as though their mother is their sister?

Not that I think any actual subterfuge would be involved.

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              Want to have an Essence 6 Dragon-Blood in your game? Have one. Just recognize that such a character is going to tremendously powerful, one who's cultivated their Essence and supernatural might beyond that of truly mighty figures such as Mnemon, Ragara, and Cevis Ghandarva, someone who could genuinely lay claim to the title of the most powerful Dragon-Blood alive.
                              I get what you're saying, it just feels as though it will be a bit more difficult to do that than it would be with Lunars and Sidereals if we get actual examples of what their higher powers might look like to draw inspiration from.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Want to have an Essence 6 Dragon-Blood in your game? Have one. Just recognize that such a character is going to tremendously powerful, one who's cultivated their Essence and supernatural might beyond that of truly mighty figures such as Mnemon, Ragara, and Cevis Ghandarva, someone who could genuinely lay claim to the title of the most powerful Dragon-Blood alive.
                                I mean, would anything break if Mnemon, Ragara and Cevis Ghandarva were also E6? They are, as you've said yourself, truly mighty figures.

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                                Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                                Some Lintha QCs
                                A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

Working...
                                X