This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Its main use case is intended to be when you're outnumbered and getting attacked by tons of enemies, or going up against folks with multiattack Charms. I'm planning to look at bumping its overall power up a bit for the final draft.
    Very cool! Please continue being awesome.

Comment

• This came up elsewhere, but how unified with the Sidereals with participating in the Usurpation? Was there any members who had to be silenced before plans went off or was there a general unified front in things being carried out?

And stuff.
      My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Hi Robert Vance

Is it an oversight that Sky-Calming Draw's range extention effect is pratically useless with Archery's iconic weapon, the bow?

Only the Self Bow has a range of medium. All other bows already have a range of long or better. While there is use for other Archery based weapons, it is a bit underwhelming for bow users, as it is basically a 4m bad weather penalty negator.

Would you consider removing the extention's long range limitation?

Also, another Charm with very limited use, that I asked about before but got no comment on is Entombed Mind Technique, it requires 2 repurchases, so 3 Charms, to affect a target with Willpower 4 or less.

That is an extremely low pool of targets, for an effect you can only use once per story, isn't it restricted enough?

3 Charms to be able to turn a run of the mill opponent to stone once per story, at Essence 5, seems very steep and underwhelming.

Thank you, both, for your very helpful insights!
        Last edited by TGUEIROS; 07-24-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
          Hi Robert Vance

Is it an oversight that Sky-Calming Draw's range extention effect is pratically useless with Archery's iconic weapon, the bow?

Only the Self Bow has a range of medium. All other bows already have a range of long or better. While there is use for other Archery based weapons, it is a bit underwhelming for bow users, as it is basically a 4m bad weather penalty negator.

Would you consider removing the extention's long range limitation?
          Sky-Calming Draw's gonna get some tweaks.

Also, another Charm with very limited use, that I asked about before but got no comment on is Entombed Mind Technique, it requires 2 repurchases, so 3 Charms, to affect a target with Willpower 4 or less.

That is an extremely low pool of targets, for an effect you can only use once per story, isn't it restricted enough?

3 Charms to be able to turn a run of the mill opponent to stone once per story, at Essence 5, seems very steep and underwhelming.

Thank you, both, for your very helpful insights!
          Entombed Mind Technique's first purchase lets you impose a magical slumber on anyone. The fact that you can't put just anyone into an everlasting sleep or permanently turn them into stone speaks to how powerful those effects are, especially compared to most Dragon-Blooded Charms.

Also, note that Entombed Mind Technique isn't 1/story—you just can't use it against any given target more than once per story.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Aren't people with Willpower 4 or less supposed to be the standard in the setting?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Entombed Mind Technique's first purchase lets you impose a magical slumber on anyone. The fact that you can't put just anyone into an everlasting sleep or permanently turn them into stone speaks to how powerful those effects are, especially compared to most Dragon-Blooded Charms.

Also, note that Entombed Mind Technique isn't 1/story—you just can't use it against any given target more than once per story.
              Hmm. Wpuld it break the game to have it work on temporary willpower? That is on a target with 4 willpower or less. Then add a stipulation that they still regain willpower per day as per rest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                Aren't people with Willpower 4 or less supposed to be the standard in the setting?
                The vast majority, yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Thanks for informing us on SCD revision!

Ah yes, it is a once per story per person! I misunderstood that.

I was seeing it as story defining moment, where you curse someone powerful.

Now I'm seeing it more as a fear tactic and to be used liberally to crush regular folk.

Though I would still consider upping the range of Willpower that the E4 repurchase affects.

Thanks!

Comment

• If you reduce the magnitude of a battlegroup with a decisive attack, do you gain the initiative break bonus, or is that lost when you reset to base?

Comment

• So does life of the auorches and hide-hardening practice only apply to one familiar? That's quite a lot of xp in repurchases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                        If you reduce the magnitude of a battlegroup with a decisive attack, do you gain the initiative break bonus, or is that lost when you reset to base?
                        You'd gain it after resetting.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                          So does life of the auorches and hide-hardening practice only apply to one familiar? That's quite a lot of xp in repurchases.
                          Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

be
                            Yep.
                            I know you weren't fond of errating stuff but is Deadly Predator Method going to get hit with a huge nerf bat because I don't think I could be justified allowing that in a game. The drawbacks seem insignificant to the massive advantages.
                            Last edited by Epimetheus; 07-24-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• If I order my pet water-monster to wreck a ship with a Dawn on it, and he falls in the water wearing super-heavy artefact plate, he'll presumably start to sink. If he tries to swim, does he just take the mobility penalty of -2 to swim, or should the ST levy more penalties?

My characters:
                              Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                              Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                                If I order my pet water-monster to wreck a ship with a Dawn on it, and he falls in the water wearing super-heavy artefact plate, he'll presumably start to sink. If he tries to swim, does he just take the mobility penalty of -2 to swim, or should the ST levy more penalties?
                                Speaking personally, I'd just stick to the mobility penalty, but that doesn't mean a Storyteller would be wrong for assessing more penalties.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X