Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Fenrir666 View Post
    Wait so Galleons exist in 3e now? I've always houseruled those into the Realm's navy alongside their smaller trierme because of how cool they look!
    I was just naming a big thing off the top of my head. Don't read too much into it.


    Developer for Exalted

    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

    Robert Vance's Patreon

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      I was just naming a big thing off the top of my head. Don't read too much into it.
      Aaaah, okay, alas! Got me all excited I'm not bummed, though, triermes still look cool as hell.

      Comment


      • So, in 2nd edition, Samea and Yurgen Kaneko invaded Linowan's allies 2 years before most Solars appeared. So they must have exalted prior to that (possibly significantly prior).

        In 3rd edition, is that still the case? Did they still exalt before most Solars returned?
        Did anyone?
        (I'd mention Filial Wisdom as the other canon example, but I guess he's unlikely to be mentioned again, whereas the Bull and Samea have been)
        Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 07-26-2018, 02:21 PM.


        "Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          So, in 2nd edition, Samea and Yurgen Kaneko invaded Linowan's allies 2 years before most Solars appeared. So they must have exalted prior to that (possibly significantly prior).

          In 3rd edition, is that still the case? Did they still exalt before most Solars returned?
          Did anyone?
          (I'd mention Filial Wisdom as the other canon example, but I guess he's unlikely to be mentioned again, whereas the Bull and Samea have been)
          I think the Bull's always been one of the Solars who weren't trapped in the Jade Prison. I'm not 100% sure on which of his Circlemates also fall in that category.


          Developer for Exalted

          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

          Robert Vance's Patreon

          Comment


          • Okay, that's not changing then?

            (I had this idea for a Lunar game set a couple of years before the return of the Solars, and I wondered if he'd already be around, building his forces)

            This also made me consider, did the Empress vanish at basically the same time as the Solars return?


            "Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
              This also made me consider, did the Empress vanish at basically the same time as the Solars return?
              Roughly, yeah.


              Developer for Exalted

              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

              Robert Vance's Patreon

              Comment


              • As always, thanks for all your answers.


                "Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  Roughly, yeah.
                  This might be the wrong place, but do you have any idea how much warning we'll get on when the Lunar kickstarter launches? I was planning to grab one of the higher tiers, and my best friend is hoping to grab one of the thousand dollar places, but as I understand those go really fast. Will we know ahead of time when it'll launch?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Fenrir666 View Post
                    Wait so Galleons exist in 3e now? I've always houseruled those into the Realm's navy alongside their smaller trierme because of how cool they look!
                    I don't know that I'd specifically include galleons, but Exalted has always had deep-drafted sailing vessels. The Great Western Ocean isn't friendly to galleys.


                    Developer for Exalted.

                    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fenrir666 View Post
                      This might be the wrong place, but do you have any idea how much warning we'll get on when the Lunar kickstarter launches? I was planning to grab one of the higher tiers, and my best friend is hoping to grab one of the thousand dollar places, but as I understand those go really fast. Will we know ahead of time when it'll launch?
                      You should have roughly the same amount of warning that you did for the Dragon-Blooded Kickstarter.


                      Developer for Exalted.

                      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

                        I get that Rich has the final say, but are there any circumstances you can imagine where you might go to him and say "I've tried and I've tried, but we're gonna need more words for this book" If so, just how big a deal is going 1k to 2k over the expected wordcount for the book (after editing and pruning and everything)?
                        To elaborate on Vance's answer, we can go over expected word count on smaller books (The Realm is something like 17k over the previous developers' outline) — though that's something we'd be expected to sort out early in development, not at the last minute when we turn in the final manuscript — but splatbooks are already at the maximum size for print on demand.


                        Developer for Exalted.

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

                          I don't know that I'd specifically include galleons, but Exalted has always had deep-drafted sailing vessels. The Great Western Ocean isn't friendly to galleys.
                          Ooooh, that's promising! Can you share anything more about the state of the Great Western Ocean?

                          And the site isn't letting me add the quote, but thank you for the word on the warning, I'll keep my eyes out!

                          Comment


                          • Robert Vance, does Fiery Solar Chakram require you to actually have a Thrown weapon to use it with? It says that it throws your anima banner and a few things see to imply that it's the Thrown version of Glorious Solar Saber and Immaculate Golden Bow. Then again, there's nothing to suggest that you don't need a weapon. Chalk it up to natural language?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fenrir666 View Post
                              Ooooh, that's promising! Can you share anything more about the state of the Great Western Ocean?
                              I may be crazy, but I feel as though you're reading "not friendly to galleys" as a political statement, rather than a nautical one.


                              I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

                              Comment


                              • How would Death of Obsidian Butterflies interact with the Decisive cap of Legendary Size?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X