This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    You'll be able to give them some very accurate compliments on their cool horse shape.
    Not sure if assuming I meant you already know the target’s a Lunar

Or implying that Master Horseman’s Eye can identify a shapeshifted Lunar

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

Not sure if assuming I meant you already know the target’s a Lunar

Or implying that Master Horseman’s Eye can identify a shapeshifted Lunar
      It cannot.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Not a question, but a comment/feedback and something to consider for future books.

I think charm ability requirements are imbalanced. There aren't enough at the low levels and there are far too many at the high levels. For example, with Occult: (This includes charms from Miracles - I'm going off of MadLetter's charm cascades)

Level Number of Charms
        1 ---------------- 1
        2 ---------------- 3
        3 ---------------- 7
        4 ---------------- 9
        5 --------------- 19

My character shouldn't have to be a legendary master to be able to access half of the charms. And some of them are just silly - Supernal Control Method only requires Essence 1, but it requires Occult 5; it has a higher ability requirement than Celestial Circle Sorcery.

Medicine is even worse:
        Level Number of Charms
        1 ---------------- 2
        2 ---------------- 0
        3 ---------------- 4
        4 ---------------- 3
        5 --------------- 15

Socialize is even worse than Medicine:
        Level Number of Charms
        1 ---------------- 0
        2 ---------------- 0
        3 ---------------- 4
        4 ---------------- 5
        5 --------------- 41

Why do 80% of socialize charms require ability level 5? Why aren't there any socialize charms for level 1 and 2? Isn't this imbalance kind of silly?

I feel this forces characters to rush to high ability levels, just to unlock access to the majority of charms, as opposed to letting their skills level up more organically.

Now this issue may have already been raised previously and/or changed in some errata that I have missed. If so, I apologize. However, in case it hasn't, here's my feedback.
        Last edited by Fredo; 07-27-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredo View Post
          Not a question, but a comment/feedback and something to consider for future books.

I think charm ability requirements are imbalanced. There aren't enough at the low levels and there are far too many at the high levels. For example, with Occult: (This includes charms from Miracles - I'm going off of MadLetter's charm cascades)

Level Number of Charms
          1 ---------------- 1
          2 ---------------- 3
          3 ---------------- 7
          4 ---------------- 9
          5 --------------- 19

My character shouldn't have to be a legendary master to be able to access half of the charms. And some of them are just silly - Supernal Control Method only requires Essence 1, but it requires Occult 5; it has a higher ability requirement than Celestial Circle Sorcery.

Medicine is even worse:
          Level Number of Charms
          1 ---------------- 2
          2 ---------------- 0
          3 ---------------- 4
          4 ---------------- 3
          5 --------------- 15

Socialize is even worse than Medicine:
          Level Number of Charms
          1 ---------------- 0
          2 ---------------- 0
          3 ---------------- 4
          4 ---------------- 5
          5 --------------- 41

Why do 80% of socialize charms require ability level 5? Why aren't there any socialize charms for level 1 and 2? Isn't this imbalance kind of silly?

I feel this forces characters to rush to high ability levels, just to unlock access to the majority of charms, as opposed to letting their skills level up more organically.

Now this issue may have already been raised previously and/or changed in some errata that I have missed. If so, I apologize. However, in case it hasn't, here's my feedback.

This is also something that bothered me a little. I realize that the low ability charms are enough to set you up as a superhumant talent in that field, but i would like more options in the lower levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post

This is also something that bothered me a little. I realize that the low ability charms are enough to set you up as a superhumant talent in that field, but i would like more options in the lower levels.
            I will also second that.

Comment

• Can we keep this thread for questions please?

Assorted homebrew goes here.
              Please help the Ex3 wiki grow. Even if it's just posting existing homebrew there so there's less chance of losing it.

Comment

• When Soaring Leap Technique talks about rushes or disengages featuring a leap, does it mean using the air aspect anima power or just having a leap as part of the stunt

Comment

• Originally posted by RustedAir View Post
                  When Soaring Leap Technique talks about rushes or disengages featuring a leap, does it mean using the air aspect anima power or just having a leap as part of the stunt
                  The latter.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So any clues on what kind of story hook Lilith is going to be this edition? I'm curious since it was mentioned in Discord that she wasn't going to just be an elder lunar hunting her abusive First Age Solar mate's reincarnation, so she can decide if she wants to start another relationship or kill them.

Comment

• What type of entity is a Walkure? It’s specified to not be a ghost. It’s native to Creation, thus it’s presumably not a demon. It doesn’t have the Manifest Charm, so it’s probably not a god. Is it a weird elemental? A magical creature? Something weird that doesn’t fit into the usual categories?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                        What type of entity is a Walkure? It’s specified to not be a ghost. It’s native to Creation, thus it’s presumably not a demon. It doesn’t have the Manifest Charm, so it’s probably not a god. Is it a weird elemental? A magical creature? Something weird that doesn’t fit into the usual categories?
                        It's something weird that doesn't fit into the usual categories.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• How hard is it to construct new, non-artifact weapons for an existing warstrider?
                          The way warstriders are listed alongside their weapons makes me think it would require altering the warstrider in some way, but the phrase 'standard armaments' and the description of artifact vs. non-artifact warstrider weapons makes me think they can be swapped out easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by autXautY View Post
                            How hard is it to construct new, non-artifact weapons for an existing warstrider?
                            The way warstriders are listed alongside their weapons makes me think it would require altering the warstrider in some way, but the phrase 'standard armaments' and the description of artifact vs. non-artifact warstrider weapons makes me think they can be swapped out easily.
                            It'd be a mundane superior project—there's a sidebar on page 243 talking about them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Maybe i'm missing something but how do Raksha eat souls? A few of them say they do but there aren't any rules about it.

Comment

• What are the odds of us getting a book that explains in-depth what exactly the Scorpion Empire is/was?

Shameless Technocratic shill.

Comment

Working...
                                X