This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    That would be a natural consequence of deciding you don't want your character to have a Solar mate when you make them. There isn't anywhere in the tree where a Bond-related Charm is a prerequisite for a non-Bond Charm.
    It just seems weird that a lunar couldn't just make someone a into a bond mate and it has to be a solar if we are treating the bond as something lunars have more control of.

Comment

• Can Bond Charms even do anything that does not emerge directly from the state of having a Solar mate?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Would a book similar to Arms of the Chosen, but for non-combat Artifacts be viable? Is there a broad enough potential range of socially oriented, medical, craft oriented, and so on Artifacts that it could hit a similar wordcount, or would such a book necessarily be much shorter?

Would the hypothetical craft oriented artifacts from such a book be designed such that they could be examples of things that could be summoned by Words as Workshop Method or would you be trying to get away from that charm?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
          Would a book similar to Arms of the Chosen, but for non-combat Artifacts be viable? Is there a broad enough potential range of socially oriented, medical, craft oriented, and so on Artifacts that it could hit a similar wordcount, or would such a book necessarily be much shorter?
          I think that would be an unnecessary restriction on a hypothetical artifact book. In any case, we expect to keep adding new artifacts in each splatbook, including the occasional noncombat artifact, which should diminish the need for such a book.

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
          Would the hypothetical craft oriented artifacts from such a book be designed such that they could be examples of things that could be summoned by Words as Workshop Method or would you be trying to get away from that charm?
          I'd check with Vance for verification, but the artifacts created by Words-as-Workshop Method never struck me as being the sort that call for being written up; they're more plot devices than anything else. More guidance in their use might be helpful, but a list of premade ones probably wouldn't.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
            Can Bond Charms even do anything that does not emerge directly from the state of having a Solar mate?
            From what i understand there are charms that effect a bondmate or increase in potency when used on one.

Comment

• Talking of artifacts... Since Artifacts appear to start at level 2 now, how would you handle minor First Age wonders from previous editions that don't make the level 2 merit grade? Just give them a Resource value?

3e Scavenger Lands map
              3e Combat tracker card
              2e Nexus map

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                That would be a natural consequence of deciding you don't want your character to have a Solar mate when you make them. There isn't anywhere in the tree where a Bond-related Charm is a prerequisite for a non-Bond Charm.
                Not a question, I just wanted to say thanks. Solar Bond was a massive controversy at our table; some Lunar players loved it, others absolutely loathed it. So saying the ones who like it can have a Solar Mate, and the ones who don't can just... not, is so much easier.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                  I think that would be an unnecessary restriction on a hypothetical artifact book. In any case, we expect to keep adding new artifacts in each splatbook, including the occasional noncombat artifact, which should diminish the need for such a book.
                  Why? I'm kind of sick of diaklaves and buff jackets at this point. I've got enough combat examples and I felt arms of the chosen wasted too much space with combat charms. I'd much prefer other artifacts that help characters who aren't combat focused to show how far evocations can help them.

Comment

• That's not really a question so much as you venting at a developer.
                    Please, stop.

Assorted homebrew goes here.
                    Please help the Ex3 wiki grow. Even if it's just posting existing homebrew there so there's less chance of losing it.

Comment

• Are pseudo-dead things like Walkure and Rantai vulnerable to necromancy? If I had a necromacner queen, could compelling the loyalty of such creatures be within the scope of a working or spell?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Do you think when it comes to wearable artifacts the exalted tend towards armour as a default? It does seem the easiest way of making clothes out of the magical materials.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                          Are pseudo-dead things like Walkure and Rantai vulnerable to necromancy? If I had a necromacner queen, could compelling the loyalty of such creatures be within the scope of a working or spell?
                          While necromancy design is still a ways off, I'd imagine the answer would be yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                            Do you think when it comes to wearable artifacts the exalted tend towards armour as a default? It does seem the easiest way of making clothes out of the magical materials.
                            Artifact armor is probably more prevalent than artifact clothing for functionality reasons.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• On the matter of artifacts, are there plans on publishing an artifact 5 shield?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                                On the matter of artifacts, are there plans on publishing an artifact 5 shield?
                                It's bound to happen eventually.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X