This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Not without becoming something more than mortal.
    What about a "mortal" sorcerer? Could these guys increase their perm. essence through normal xp? Or would they have to do it some special way?

Would a supernatural merit that allows a mortal to attune to a weapon be possible? What would be the rating for it? (i'm guessing 4 or 5, maybe with a prerequisite)

Are any of the "Adversaries of the Righteous" going to be of the three optional Exalted?
    How about the Getimians?
    Also, any hint on the Incarna that the Hearteaters were the Exalted of? Like what were they the Incarna of?

I really like what I've been hearing so far. I'm now really looking forward to the Lunars.

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Comment

• When using One With The Blue Jade Dragon from Mela's Coil, do you need to meet Fahkaru's Charm prerequisites in order to gain access to them, or does the Exalt gain all of them (sans the ones that you explicitly don't) even if they require Essence 6 and the Exalt is Essence 5?

Comment

• Originally posted by SmilesWithFangs View Post
        What about a "mortal" sorcerer? Could these guys increase their perm. essence through normal xp? Or would they have to do it some special way?
        Not just by spending XP.

Would a supernatural merit that allows a mortal to attune to a weapon be possible? What would be the rating for it? (i'm guessing 4 or 5, maybe with a prerequisite)
        I wouldn't do it as a generic, one-size-fits-all thing. Seems more like a unique, special gift.

Are any of the "Adversaries of the Righteous" going to be of the three optional Exalted?
        Nope.

How about the Getimians?
        I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Also, any hint on the Incarna that the Hearteaters were the Exalted of? Like what were they the Incarna of?
        Two of them were Celestial Incarnae, proper. One of them isn't, but is on the same level of numinosity.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post
          When using One With The Blue Jade Dragon from Mela's Coil, do you need to meet Fahkaru's Charm prerequisites in order to gain access to them, or does the Exalt gain all of them (sans the ones that you explicitly don't) even if they require Essence 6 and the Exalt is Essence 5?
          You just gain them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Two of them were Celestial Incarnae, proper. One of them isn't, but is on the same level of numinosity.
            ...Do you mean this of all the new exalted? Or do the Hearteaters have 3 patrons?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

...Do you mean this of all the new exalted? Or do the Hearteaters have 3 patrons?
              Oh, I was talking all three. The Hearteaters were created by an Incarna (but they weren't the Hearteaters back then).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Megapope View Post
                Talking of artifacts... Since Artifacts appear to start at level 2 now, how would you handle minor First Age wonders from previous editions that don't make the level 2 merit grade? Just give them a Resource value?
                *glorious question reupping prana*

3e Scavenger Lands map
                3e Combat tracker card
                2e Nexus map

Comment

Oh, I was talking all three. The Hearteaters were created by an Incarna (but they weren't the Hearteaters back then).

Cool. So, I have a question on the 'optional' nature of these exalted.

With ...2 exceptions (Infernals and Alchemcials, maybe Liminals?), all exalted have left a pretty strong impact on the world. THere are locales you can point to and go " A solar did this" or "A Lunar did that" or so on. With these optional exalted, will their write ups include such locale blurbs?

Comment

• Do Lunars have prequisites between Terrestrial and Celestial Sorcery, or once they get sorcery are they good to go?

Comment

One of the known Incarna (Sun, Moon, Stars) or a new one?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

One of the known Incarna (Sun, Moon, Stars) or a new one?
                        A new one.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• can solar sorcery by itself remove a single lunars bond to a solar? if so what level/ambition?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                            can solar sorcery by itself remove a single lunars bond to a solar? if so what level/ambition?
                            I wouldn't let it, in my game. Other Storytellers might disagree.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Do Lunars have prequisites between Terrestrial and Celestial Sorcery, or once they get sorcery are they good to go?
                              They've got some prerequisites. Not intense ones, but enough that they can't dip into sorcery as easily as Solars.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Cool. So, I have a question on the 'optional' nature of these exalted.

With ...2 exceptions (Infernals and Alchemcials, maybe Liminals?), all exalted have left a pretty strong impact on the world. THere are locales you can point to and go " A solar did this" or "A Lunar did that" or so on. With these optional exalted, will their write ups include such locale blurbs?
                                All three of the optional Exalted have a lower impact on the setting than others, for various in-setting reasons, to make them easier to integrate into your game.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X