Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you activate Memory drinking meditation after taking a form with Stalking Nightmare Hunter?

Comment

• When Stalking Nightmare Hunter says that it has a Duration of "One Dream", does that mean that you only get the target's shape until they wake up? Is the fact that its use against the same target is limited a reflection on the shape acquisition having a time limit, or is it just to keep you from locking somebody out of recovering Willpower by sleep?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• For Memory Drinking Meditation:

1. Does the Minor Intimacy disappear when you uncommit the motes?

2. Are you stuck in the targets shape, or can you shift in to other forms and shift back and still retain the ties and memories as long as you keep the motes committed?

3. Can “Sacred hunting” for the sake of this charm be one of the less than lethal methods (the charm mentions drinking the hearts blood)

4. If 3. Is true and the target is still alive, can you commit more motes to adsorb ties and memories you notice him having in the future?

Unrelated: Is Stalking Nightmare Hunter considered a sacred hunt for related charms?

Awesome Lunar Charms are awesome! But I’m sure you know that by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calboon View Post
          Can you activate Memory drinking meditation after taking a form with Stalking Nightmare Hunter?
          Yep. It's compatible with all the Charms that let you take people's shapes.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
            When Stalking Nightmare Hunter says that it has a Duration of "One Dream", does that mean that you only get the target's shape until they wake up? Is the fact that its use against the same target is limited a reflection on the shape acquisition having a time limit, or is it just to keep you from locking somebody out of recovering Willpower by sleep?
            You get their shape permanently.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
              For Memory Drinking Meditation:

1. Does the Minor Intimacy disappear when you uncommit the motes?
              No.

2. Are you stuck in the targets shape, or can you shift in to other forms and shift back and still retain the ties and memories as long as you keep the motes committed?
              The latter.

3. Can “Sacred hunting” for the sake of this charm be one of the less than lethal methods (the charm mentions drinking the hearts blood)
              It's compatible with all forms of sacred hunt.

4. If 3. Is true and the target is still alive, can you commit more motes to adsorb ties and memories you notice him having in the future?
              No.

Unrelated: Is Stalking Nightmare Hunter considered a sacred hunt for related charms?
              Yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How well could I play the mythic Loki as a Lunar? Is it a better splat fit for him than Solar?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                  How well could I play the mythic Loki as a Lunar? Is it a better splat fit for him than Solar?
                  Trickster gods like Loki, Coyote, Anansi, and Sun Wukong are archetypal inspirations for Lunars, and a lot of their social Attribute Charms are designed to enable those kind of concepts. You could probably do Solar Loki pretty well, but Lunar Loki would work just as well if not better.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Trickster gods like Loki, Coyote, Anansi, and Sun Wukong are archetypal inspirations for Lunars, and a lot of their social Attribute Charms are designed to enable those kind of concepts. You could probably do Solar Loki pretty well, but Lunar Loki would work just as well if not better.
                    Can Lunar Loki also temporarily arrange for immunity to blades in the event that he wagers his head on something and loses the bet?

Comment

• Hello Robert Vance ,

One thing that sometimes come up and is cause for contention is Sidereal's access to the Mastery effects of MAs (not necessarily SMAs, if those are going to get any Mastery at all, that is).

We know that Solar and Abyssals (and I presume Infernals too, but not sure) have constant access to those effects.

In my reading of the keyword, I understand that Sidereals have to go through some hoops to get access to them "through esoteric methods", like if they have the MA's Form Charm active, or whatever, but it is not accessible to them the way it is to the previously mentioned Exalts.

Did you all get to this point of discussion in SIderal MA design yet? If so, is my understanding correct?

If you still haven't decided on it yet, would you mind sharing your thoughts about it?

Thanks again for your engagement with the line and it's supporters!

Comment

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
                        Hello Robert Vance ,

One thing that sometimes come up and is cause for contention is Sidereal's access to the Mastery effects of MAs (not necessarily SMAs, if those are going to get any Mastery at all, that is).

We know that Solar and Abyssals (and I presume Infernals too, but not sure) have constant access to those effects.

In my reading of the keyword, I understand that Sidereals have to go through some hoops to get access to them "through esoteric methods", like if they have the MA's Form Charm active, or whatever, but it is not accessible to them the way it is to the previously mentioned Exalts.

Did you all get to this point of discussion in SIderal MA design yet? If so, is my understanding correct?

If you still haven't decided on it yet, would you mind sharing your thoughts about it?

Thanks again for your engagement with the line and it's supporters!
                        I've got a model for how they access it, but I'd rather not share it until it's gotten fleshed out and been playtested. Don't want to raise peoples' hopes over something that ends up not panning out.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I've got a model for how they access it, but I'd rather not share it until it's gotten fleshed out and been playtested. Don't want to raise peoples' hopes over something that ends up not panning out.

Thank you!

Comment

If it's too much to say then just don't reply but is the intension to make access temporary or permanent?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post

If it's too much to say then just don't reply but is the intension to make access temporary or permanent?
                              It's conditional.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

It's conditional.
                                Hmm. I assume the intention to make it more about in being prepared in advanced then. It'll be interesting to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X