This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    If I'm standing in the South of Creation, does the sun look like it's to the North?
    If I'm standing in the North of Creation, does the sun look like it's to the South?
    The sun rises in the East and sets in the West. Thus, I'd assume yes to both.

Do North and South have opposite seasons, or is Winter and Summer the same everywhere? (I assume they are the same, as the books always say Air is Winter, Fire is Summer, etc.)
    Are days longer in Summer and shorter in Winter, or do they always stay the same length?
    I'll leave this to Eric.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
      To add on to this, do the sun and moon trace the same path across the sky, and does that path vary across the year?
      The sun is consistent enough that navigators at sea can determine their latitude by observing it with a backstaff and consulting navigational charts.

Is there a 'pole star' used for navigation, and does it have an associated deity?
      Yes, the North Star is used for navigation. I don't believe it's god has ever been detailed, but one likely exists.

Are the stars fixed, or do the revolve around some common omphalos, such as the elemental pole of earth. Do the stars of the five maidens wander erratically across the night sky?
      If there's a static North Star that's used for navigation, I think the logical implication is that other stars move to some degree, but I'd rather not commit to any finer points of celestial mechanics before getting to Sidereals.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Earlier you said that the hearteater's, dream souled, and umbral exalted were not planned to have their own splatbooks. Instead they would be detailed in the appendix of the exigents book and if the fans liked them enough they might get their own books. I wanted to know if this was still true. And, if it is true, how would you go about determining this?

Comment

• If a member of a dragon-blooded family that exalts as something other than a dragon-blooded (like a solar).
          Are they applicable to wield the full might of an heirloom artifact, or is it limited to the dragon-blooded themselves?

Comment

• Can a character resisting a Persuade action not use an intimacy to boost their Resolve, keeping it to use in the Decision Point? Or is intended that they would always try and boost their resolve as best possible and then if they happen to have another intimacy to resist they can spend the willpower?

Comment

• Originally posted by Therian View Post
              Can a character resisting a Persuade action not use an intimacy to boost their Resolve, keeping it to use in the Decision Point?
              Yes. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                If a member of a dragon-blooded family that exalts as something other than a dragon-blooded (like a solar).
                Are they applicable to wield the full might of an heirloom artifact, or is it limited to the dragon-blooded themselves?
                Dragon-Blooded only. That'll be clearer in the final version.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Daeth View Post
                  Earlier you said that the hearteater's, dream souled, and umbral exalted were not planned to have their own splatbooks. Instead they would be detailed in the appendix of the exigents book and if the fans liked them enough they might get their own books. I wanted to know if this was still true.
                  It is.

And, if it is true, how would you go about determining this?
                  That's something we'd talk about with the higher ups at Onyx Path.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I do have a question about arms of the chosen. Will the non-orichalcum weapons be updated or at least incorporate non-solar charms? I know that they had to be made with the only current splat out but not everyone is going to have the same type of analogies to solar charms.

Comment

• Are there any more lunar previews in the pipeline? If so would they be for more mechanics or fluff?

Comment

• Originally posted by Calboon View Post
                        Are there any more lunar previews in the pipeline? If so would they be for more mechanics or fluff?
                        Haven't queued up one, but I oughta do that.

My sense is that people get more excited by Charm previews than setting previews. Does that seem accurate to folks?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                          I do have a question about arms of the chosen. Will the non-orichalcum weapons be updated or at least incorporate non-solar charms? I know that they had to be made with the only current splat out but not everyone is going to have the same type of analogies to solar charms.
                          I'll leave that as an exercise for the homebrewers.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

My sense is that people get more excited by Charm previews than setting previews. Does that seem accurate to folks?
                            Honestly it’s mixed. I’m personally interested in charms for Lunars than I am for regional/location previews for creation proper. If you were previewing the Underworld however, my opinion would change very quickly.

Craft rewrite.
                            Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

• Does the real m mention how they utilize sorcerous workings for things like communication portals or scrying wards? Also when making a first age artifact are the workings needed require all that experience to be spent or are do they cost no experience like making the magical reagent for a lorestone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

I agree with Maudova. For Lunars I'd say it's true, charms are more exciting (for me at least), but since the Underworld appears to have changed radically (without much detail) that might be more interesting than Abyssal charm previews.
                                Though of course, fluff previews are interesting if it's something very new and different from 2nd ed.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Working...
                                X