Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In 1st and 2nd ed, Samea was sometimes mentioned in stories in comics as using Solar Sorcery. There's no references so far to her doing so in 3rd ed. Is she still supposed to be a Solar Sorceress? Supposed to not be a Solar sorceress so your PC can be the first one? Or just left open?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Haven't queued up one, but I oughta do that.

My sense is that people get more excited by Charm previews than setting previews. Does that seem accurate to folks?
      I mean, knowing how the Silver pact might work out, or seeing some more Lunar domains would definitely get people excited too.

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
      Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
      Some Lintha QCs
      A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
        Does the real m mention how they utilize sorcerous workings for things like communication portals or scrying wards?
        It touches on the use of sorcery, although the Imperial Post relies more on Infallible Messengers than workings.

Also when making a first age artifact are the workings needed require all that experience to be spent or are do they cost no experience like making the magical reagent for a lorestone?
        It costs experience.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          In 1st and 2nd ed, Samea was sometimes mentioned in stories in comics as using Solar Sorcery. There's no references so far to her doing so in 3rd ed. Is she still supposed to be a Solar Sorceress? Supposed to not be a Solar sorceress so your PC can be the first one? Or just left open?
          Call it left open, for now. Not sure if we'll ever revisit the topic.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

My sense is that people get more excited by Charm previews than setting previews. Does that seem accurate to folks?
            I personally get more excited by the story and setting previews. But I do have the impression that the most enthusiastic, or at least vocal responses, are to the crunchier teasers.

Comment

More charms would be cool, sure, but so would a nifty Lunar domain, or maybe the rules for the sacred hunt.

Comment

I prefer setting previews but will be happy with whatever is posted.

A question that came up in our last session - Can a character delay their action into a new round?

Comment

• Naval combat: Suppose Ship A and Ship B are opposing each other and Ship C is opposing Ship A. Which of the following is the case?

1. Ship C’s roll against Ship A is unopposed.

2. Ship A’s roll against Ship B is also used to defend against Ship C (but does not apply a stratagem against Ship C if Ship A wins).

3. Ship A rolls twice, once against Ship B and once to defend against Ship C (but without the ability to apply a strategem against Ship C if Ship A wins).

Comment

I think that perception might be reinforced by how vocal certain elements of the community are. Focusing overmuch on charms can lead to system bloat, open up possible redundancies and can even box in players looking to create a character-concept that is constrained by overly-specific mechanics.

I for one like setting details more than charms, especially terrestrial setting details. Previous editions have shown that it’s easy to lose sight of humanity once you can jaunt off to Yu Shan or Malfeas todo your afternoon shopping, and that is sad when Creation has so much wonderful potential. Every fantasy game-setting has its outer planes and especially heaven/hell analogues, but Creation is unique among tabletop settings and that is what made me fall in love with Exalted.

TLDR: more charms and crunchy mechanics: eh.
                    More setting info and story-threads: yaaaay! Just stay grounded.

Comment

• What happens if person A decides to delay to clash, then person B, sensing a trap and deciding not to attack until person A's used their action, chooses to also delay, causing them to both try to delay infinitely? Which of them should be forced to break the standoff and take their action first?

My homebrew: Abyssals, Infernals, Dragon Kings, martial arts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThomasM View Post
                        A question that came up in our last session - Can a character delay their action into a new round?
                        Nope. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                          Naval combat: Suppose Ship A and Ship B are opposing each other and Ship C is opposing Ship A. Which of the following is the case?

1. Ship C’s roll against Ship A is unopposed.

2. Ship A’s roll against Ship B is also used to defend against Ship C (but does not apply a stratagem against Ship C if Ship A wins).

3. Ship A rolls twice, once against Ship B and once to defend against Ship C (but without the ability to apply a strategem against Ship C if Ship A wins).
                          Ship A makes a single roll (suffering the penalty for being opposed by multiple ships) that opposes both Ship B and Ship C's rolls. It needs to beat both of them for its stratagem to go off.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanaya View Post
                            What happens if person A decides to delay to clash, then person B, sensing a trap and deciding not to attack until person A's used their action, chooses to also delay, causing them to both try to delay infinitely? Which of them should be forced to break the standoff and take their action first?
                            My recommendation: if you can't talk it out, flip a coin.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Speaking for myself, no! I’m much more interested in learning about the setting. But I may be an outlier.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Thinking on it, a Realm preview or some charms from the DB Companion might be good to get ready, so you can have it waiting in the pipe to help restart the DB hype train when their book is ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X