This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    It needs to beat both of them for its stratagem to go off.
    Are you sure about that? The book says that "If she garners more successes than the ship she’s picked to oppose, her stratagem succeeds," which sounds to me like your stratagem works as long as you beat the ship you're attempting it on.

Comment

Yes. 10char

This worries me. A player could decide not to use an Intimacy to boost her Resolve, and keep it only for Decision Points. It can even be a Minor Intimacy, because it needs to be better than the Resolve-boosting one.
      When she does that, RAW, the Intimacy still remains valid for future attempts at social influence, and can be reused for future Decision Points ad infinitum, (at least as long as WP remains available).

Now, without Charms, that's already an issue. Consider Spirit Maintaining Manoeuver, and, well, she could probably ignore most of the Resolve-boosting Charms.

So in short, it is my intuition that opening that option can have less-than-fun consequences. Or am I completely off-base?

Comment

• What mutation in the Lunar book are you the most excited about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sagara View Post

This worries me. A player could decide not to use an Intimacy to boost her Resolve, and keep it only for Decision Points. It can even be a Minor Intimacy, because it needs to be better than the Resolve-boosting one.
          You've got this mixed up—the Intimacy you cite in a Decision Point needs to be equal or greater to the one that penalized your Resolve, not the one that boosted it.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

Are you sure about that? The book says that "If she garners more successes than the ship she’s picked to oppose, her stratagem succeeds," which sounds to me like your stratagem works as long as you beat the ship you're attempting it on.
            I think that phrasing is specific to a one ship vs. one ship scenario, not a one ship vs. two ships scenario.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
              What mutation in the Lunar book are you the most excited about?
              Spinnerets

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Did factory cathedals ever exist in the history of the current setting?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Can a Lunar stack their Knockback Charm with the Knockback effect from wearing a Siege Lizard's shape? Or would the more powerful effect override the other?

Comment

I think that phrasing is specific to a one ship vs. one ship scenario, not a one ship vs. two ships scenario.
                    The strategem still only affects one ship if successful though, yes?

Comment

• Is there a way for a Lunar to get various "animal only" merits without fully taking on an animal's shape?

Comment

• Will infernals be able to access the 2nd tier of necromancy this edition, and will they do so in an unusual way like 2nd?

Do any of the 3 mystery exalts go above the first circle of necromancy?

What made the devs decide to give lunars access to higher levels of necromancy? Was it a desire to make it less niche in the setting?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
                          Will infernals be able to access the 2nd tier of necromancy this edition, and will they do so in an unusual way like 2nd?
                          Undetermined.

Do any of the 3 mystery exalts go above the first circle of necromancy?
                          Undetermined, but I doubt it.

What made the devs decide to give lunars access to higher levels of necromancy? Was it a desire to make it less niche in the setting?
                          It fits their themes as shamans and witches very well.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                            Is there a way for a Lunar to get various "animal only" merits without fully taking on an animal's shape?
                            Nah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

The strategem still only affects one ship if successful though, yes?
                              Assuming it's a stratagem that directly affects a ship, yeah.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Haven't queued up one, but I oughta do that.

My sense is that people get more excited by Charm previews than setting previews. Does that seem accurate to folks?
                                Given how much they change between editions I sure would like to see some setting previews.

Comment

Working...
                                X