This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    My recommendation: if you can't talk it out, flip a coin.
    Would it make sense and keep things simple to say that the lowest Initiative character simply doesn’t have the option to delay? That delaying is only meaningful when there is anyone else who would otherwise NEED to take their turn after you?

Do bare handed clash attacks get the +2 paired weapon bonus?

Savaging attacks must be “unarmed”. Do worn weapons like tiger claws count?

While clinching, can you elect to make a non-savaging attack, so that you can make a non-unarmed attack, like shanking someone with a knife?
    Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 08-09-2018, 11:22 AM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
      Would it make sense and keep things simple to say that the lowest Initiative character simply doesn’t have the option to delay? That delaying is only meaningful when there is anyone else who would otherwise NEED to take their turn after you?
      A Storyteller could do that.

Do bare handed clash attacks get the +2 paired weapon bonus?
      No.

Savaging attacks must be “unarmed”. Do worn weapons like tiger claws count?

While clinching, can you elect to make a non-savaging attack, so that you can make a non-unarmed attack, like shanking someone with a knife?
      So, part one: when something says an unarmed attacks, it means an unarmed attack, and nothing else. No tiger claws, no smashfists, just unarmed.

Part two: The rules for savaging attacks specify you gotta use unarmed attacks. I believe the goal behind this restriction is reducing overall complexity in the already complex grapple subsystem, but it runs counter to many people's intuition or experience of what you can do during a grapple. Storytellers who want to should feel free to allow savaging attacks with weapons they think make sense; it doesn't have much in the way of balance implications.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Would anybody in the setting call Cheop Kejak by the name Khufu?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• So, as someone who wants to get into the infernal frame of mind--Should I play Heaven Will Be Mine? I've heard that We Know the Devil will be an inspiration, and missed that wagon a while ago.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• How restrictive are the descriptions of a Style’s unarmed attacks? Are the clawing strikes of Black Claw compatible with the elbow strikes and knee kicks of Earth Dragon? Are the hand-claws of Mantis compatible with those of Tiger?

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
            So, as someone who wants to get into the infernal frame of mind--Should I play Heaven Will Be Mine? I've heard that We Know the Devil will be an inspiration, and missed that wagon a while ago.
            If you want my opinion, you could use Prince of Egypt’s “You’re Dealing With The Big Boys Now”. Especially if the scene is a Solar Zenith meeting an Infernal for the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
              How restrictive are the descriptions of a Style’s unarmed attacks? Are the clawing strikes of Black Claw compatible with the elbow strikes and knee kicks of Earth Dragon? Are the hand-claws of Mantis compatible with those of Tiger?
              Not restrictive at all. You can use any style's unarmed attacks together.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                So, as someone who wants to get into the infernal frame of mind--Should I play Heaven Will Be Mine? I've heard that We Know the Devil will be an inspiration, and missed that wagon a while ago.
                Heaven Will Be Mine is an excellent game that I wholeheartedly recommend. It isn't as on-the-nose applicable to Infernals as We Know The Devil is, but that doesn't mean it hasn't given me ideas for other places...

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  Haven't queued up one, but I oughta do that.

My sense is that people get more excited by Charm previews than setting previews. Does that seem accurate to folks?
                  Would it be possible to kinda get both?

Like, a setting preview, and hey here are some Lunar Charms that would be useful in this setting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paradim View Post

Would it be possible to kinda get both?

Like, a setting preview, and hey here are some Lunar Charms that would be useful in this setting?
                    The one we ended up queuing up is, indeed, a combination of setting material and mechanics.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How does the Anima Banner interfere with disguises exactly? At glowing you get a -3, but does this apply when making the disguise roll? If so, why does it persist after the mark fades? Does it apply all throughout? If so why is it akin to "That's an Anathema disguised as the Vizier" instead of "The Vizier is an Anathema"?

Comment

• When you hide an item with the Concealable tag, you make some kind of Larceny roll - presumably Dexterity, though I could see the argument for Intelligence or Wits - against a difficulty of 1, but my best efforts have not uncovered what unfolds after this.

How would another character go about discovering your hidden equipment? "Ambient" Perception + Awareness as soon as they see you? Perception + Awareness if they search you bodily? A Profile Character action to notice that you're armed? Presumably they're rolling against your threshold successes, but when and how they're rolling is the real concern for a casual assassin's longevity under scrutiny.

Comment

• Will Thousand Blades Style be meant to allow us to play a particular combat archetype, or will it take direct inspiration from one?

I’ve mentioned figures like Nu, Lambda, Mu, Penny Polendina, and the reworked Irelia.

But there’s also that Thousand Swords guy from the manga/anime Soul Eater, who was very different.

Comment

• 2e Lunars had various factions/organisations/groups. Sun King Seneschals, The Winding Path, the Crossroads Society.
                            My assumption is, with the Silver Pact itself becoming a kind of political faction/organisation, that these are all gone. Is that correct? Do any still exist?
                            Are there any new organisations/factions/political groups?

Are there Lunar organisations detailed, but they are less political ideology-based, and more regional? (Ie a Lunar society that operates along the Cinder Coast, a Lunar coven that resides in the north-east, a Lunar organisation led by Leviathan in the far west, etc)

Are there are any groups of Lunars detailed at all in the general fluff section (rather than the NPC section) beyond the Silver Pact?

I'm not really saying "I hope there is/isn't". I'm not quite sure what I want to see (each option could be done well or badly). I'm just curious as to what you guys have gone for.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Are the Varang City States still Satrapies?

Comment

• Are you planning to still include pants jokes in the Lunars book?

Comment

Working...
                                X