This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
    Are you planning to still include pants jokes in the Lunars book?
    Nah. Jokes eat up valuable wordcount.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
      Will Thousand Blades Style be meant to allow us to play a particular combat archetype, or will it take direct inspiration from one?

I’ve mentioned figures like Nu, Lambda, Mu, Penny Polendina, and the reworked Irelia.

But there’s also that Thousand Swords guy from the manga/anime Soul Eater, who was very different.
      I don't know who any of those people are.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingdom of One View Post
        When you hide an item with the Concealable tag, you make some kind of Larceny roll - presumably Dexterity, though I could see the argument for Intelligence or Wits - against a difficulty of 1, but my best efforts have not uncovered what unfolds after this.

How would another character go about discovering your hidden equipment? "Ambient" Perception + Awareness as soon as they see you? Perception + Awareness if they search you bodily? A Profile Character action to notice that you're armed? Presumably they're rolling against your threshold successes, but when and how they're rolling is the real concern for a casual assassin's longevity under scrutiny.
        They make a Perception-based roll with an appropriate Ability (probably Awareness, but I could see Investigation) when the Storyteller deems it feasible for them to make such a roll.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I have two questions about Falling Mountain Fang in What Fire has Wrought:

1. Is Weigh Down Weapons meant to be able to target natural weapons? Things that one cannot drop, but that still count as weapons?

2. How does Weigh Down Armor interact with the Solar charm Armored Scout's Invigoration. Does a solar with that charm active still take the -3 mobility penalty on her armor, or does ASI still maintain that the mobility penalty is 0? What about if the DB hits them with the second layer of weight? Does that still stop the solar cold?

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            The first few basically have six to eight swords floating behind their backs like wings, and they direct these blades to attack with the motions of their arms.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
              I have two questions about Falling Mountain Fang in What Fire has Wrought:

1. Is Weigh Down Weapons meant to be able to target natural weapons? Things that one cannot drop, but that still count as weapons?
              As sort of a follow-up to this question, is Weigh Down Armor intended to apply to natural armor? Can a DB hit a pestletail, for example, and immobilize it?

Comment

• For the Socialize Charm Aspersions Cast Aside, what is the difficult of the opponent's roll for? The Charm doesn't really say what the pass/fail result of that roll is. Does a Solar gain her opponent's successes if they pass the roll? Or is it just a chance to force a Botch on the opponent?

Comment

• Which types of exalts are currently planned to get their own splatbooks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daeth View Post
                    Which types of exalts are currently planned to get their own splatbooks?
                    In alphabetical order:

Abyssals
                    Alchemicals
                    Exigents
                    Getimians
                    Infernals
                    Liminals
                    Lunars
                    Sidereals
                    Last edited by Robert Vance; 08-11-2018, 12:53 AM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Spacepup View Post
                      For the Socialize Charm Aspersions Cast Aside, what is the difficult of the opponent's roll for? The Charm doesn't really say what the pass/fail result of that roll is. Does a Solar gain her opponent's successes if they pass the roll? Or is it just a chance to force a Botch on the opponent?
                      On a failed roll, he loses his composure and looks ridiculous or gets mistaken for having committed a faux pas.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                        I have two questions about Falling Mountain Fang in What Fire has Wrought:

As sort of a follow-up to this question, is Weigh Down Armor intended to apply to natural armor? Can a DB hit a pestletail, for example, and immobilize it?
                        No on both of these.

2. How does Weigh Down Armor interact with the Solar charm Armored Scout's Invigoration. Does a solar with that charm active still take the -3 mobility penalty on her armor, or does ASI still maintain that the mobility penalty is 0? What about if the DB hits them with the second layer of weight? Does that still stop the solar cold?
                        Armored Scout's Invigoration would negate it. As a Storyteller, I'd say that stops you from landing the follow-up gambit, although that result isn't necessarily compelled by a strict reading of the text.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

In alphabetical order:

Abyssals
                          Exigents
                          Getimians
                          Infernals
                          Liminals
                          Lunars
                          Sidereals
                          Not Alchemicals?

Glorious Solar Kitten

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGxQAs9ULWY League of Legends, Irelia the Blade Dancer

The floating sword wings seen with Sublime Danger seem similar.

If a player decides to Delay their action, and after paying the Initiative cost still has a higher Initiative than the character she wants to clash, does she get to wait until after her target's player declares his actions before deciding which of her own to take, to reflect/reward her advantage?

The opposite would be if Delaying her action actually puts her Initiative below his, allowing her to act on the same time, but forcing her to declare her actions first so that he may react to her, instead.

The medium would be if their Initiative scores end up exactly equal, and the matter of who declares first is decided with a coinflip or dice-roll.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aretii View Post

Not Alchemicals?
                              Ugggh, I knew I was gonna forget one x_x

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• The far South-East has a bunch of new places mentioned: Ysyr, Volivat, Dis, etc. So does the far South-West, though they're not detailed in the book, just named on the map. The far North-West, beyond Coral and Fajad, seems to mostly be sea (except for the island that looks a dorito).

What about the far North-East? There's a huge area east of Tusk and north of the Haltan forest, with no names on the map. What's it like? Are you planning to put some stuff there? Or is the point to have a large area that's undetailed still?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Working...
                                X