Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adamant Skin Technique provides total immunity to scenery based uncountable damage, such as falling from a great height. However, Resistance has no other tools for dealing with countable falling damage. A character with it could survive falling from the moon, but not from Extreme Range. Is this intentional, or can AST flatly protect you from any fall?

Comment

• To chime in on the fluff vs crunch teaser question, I am always interested in more setting material. I think that the perception that crunch material drives more hype may be partially due to the fact that crunch material generates more response posts, as people pick apart the mechanics and try to figure out how they fit into and reveal aspects of the larger context. Meanwhile, I can read a setting post and be really excited, but I'm not necessarily going to have much to say about it online beyond "This is cool and I can't wait to see more."

My .02,
      Me.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        Can a Lunar stack their Knockback Charm with the Knockback effect from wearing a Siege Lizard's shape? Or would the more powerful effect override the other?
        Reposting.

Comment

• Can a Lunar stack their Knockback Charm with the Knockback effect from wearing a Siege Lizard's shape? Or would the more powerful effect override the other?
          Bit more technical than I want to go into before folks have seen the actual Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Gatts View Post
            Adamant Skin Technique provides total immunity to scenery based uncountable damage, such as falling from a great height. However, Resistance has no other tools for dealing with countable falling damage. A character with it could survive falling from the moon, but not from Extreme Range. Is this intentional, or can AST flatly protect you from any fall?
            Can't speak to the intent behind it. As written, no, it won't apply to standard fall damage.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              Can't speak to the intent behind it. As written, no, it won't apply to standard fall damage.
              Is something that does negate fall damage something that could be reasonable homebrewed for Resistance? As an upgrade for Adamant Skin Technique perhaps.

Comment

• Sorry if this was asked before, if it was I couldn't see it, but how do you spot a Lunar's tell? For exmaple, one of the Lunars in our game has the tell "gentle brown eyes", even if she was forced into her true human form there is nothing that stands out about this tell to bring it to immediate attention. Or is it enough to have observed their tell, even if you don't know it's their tell, to see through their shapeshifting in future? Or is there something about the tell which allows you to immediately recognize it as the Luanr's tell.

Relatedly, while a lunar is shapeshifted the tell manifests 'subtly', but what about in their true human form? For example, if/when people see Eska in her true human form do they not notice the slitted violet eyes, notice it but some subtle effect causes them to not register it as out of the ordinary, or notice it and potentiall see her as wyld-touched/mutated?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                  The far South-East has a bunch of new places mentioned: Ysyr, Volivat, Dis, etc. So does the far South-West, though they're not detailed in the book, just named on the map. The far North-West, beyond Coral and Fajad, seems to mostly be sea (except for the island that looks a dorito).

What about the far North-East? There's a huge area east of Tusk and north of the Haltan forest, with no names on the map. What's it like? Are you planning to put some stuff there? Or is the point to have a large area that's undetailed still?
                  The Northeast is less densely populated than the Dreaming Sea, but you'll see a few new entries set there in Across the Eight Directions.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Presumably, you can't use Seven Shadow Evasion against Eyes of the Unconquered Sun since, even though it's opposed by evasion it's not an attack; but can you use Reed in the Wind in response to max your evasion for 0m?

Comment

• Dan Dawn Caste is fighting John Q. Sidereal. Dan is a Single Point practitioner and uses Fatal Stroke Flash against John. John is the Bronze Faction Assassin from the core book and uses Unwavering Well-Being Meditation. Does Dan reduce his raw Decisive damage BEFORE adding the bonus from Fatal Stroke Flash, or AFTER?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

The Northeast is less densely populated than the Dreaming Sea, but you'll see a few new entries set there in Across the Eight Directions.
                        Thanks!

Did you see my question about whether day length varies by season, or by latitude? Do the far North and far South have periods of perpetual day in Summer, and perpetual night in Winter? Vance said he'd leave that to you.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                          Thanks!

Did you see my question about whether day length varies by season, or by latitude? Do the far North and far South have periods of perpetual day in Summer, and perpetual night in Winter? Vance said he'd leave that to you.
                          Presumably the North has polar day lengths and strong seasonal variation, while the South has equatorial day lengths and weak seasonal variation, as per the general principle that you should be able to base things on real-world equivalents rather than memorizing counterintuitive lore. How that dovetails with the movement of the sun is something of a headache; if we actually address it in the text, it'll probably boil down to "a spirit court did it."

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

"a spirit court did it."
                            The best explanation, really.

A player asked me something recently and I think it was an interesting enough question to post here.
                            He was asking about the various meditation charms and whether the required meditation time for each had to be "paid" separately or if you could activate Fathomless Depths Replenishment and then meditate another (9-Essence) instead of (10-Essence) hours to prepare for Roots-of-the-World Meditation.

Additionally can you maintain Sage of Iron Meditation while you prepare the aforementioned charms, for example if after a fight in the bordermarches you want to heal while continuing to protect your allies from the effects of the wyld?

Comment

• I know this has been asked, but cant find the answer. What its the difference between beings created with sorcery, crafted with Artifact and crafted with First Age?

Comment

Presumably the North has polar day lengths and strong seasonal variation, while the South has equatorial day lengths and weak seasonal variation, as per the general principle that you should be able to base things on real-world equivalents rather than memorizing counterintuitive lore. How that dovetails with the movement of the sun is something of a headache; if we actually address it in the text, it'll probably boil down to "a spirit court did it."
                                The pole of Fire acts like a second sun, extending daylength?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Working...
                                X