This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    There's not a full write-up of its stats that we're keeping hidden. That's not how we write Quick Characters.

For stuff like Bestial Traits Technique — well, okay, that's not going to work on Mice of the Sun, as they're magical beasts rather than natural animals. But, rule of thumb, with quick character familiars, I think it makes the most sense to consider the effective cap on Attribute raises to be whatever it takes to bring their pools up to the QC cap of 14 dice.
    A player of mine wanted to ask if he can use Bestial Traits Technique to teach his mouse of the sun martial arts or if this charm does not work on magical beasts?
    Last edited by WalkingEye; 08-14-2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
      A player of mine wanted to ask if he can use Bestial Traits Technique to tech his mouse of the sun martial arts or if this charm does not work on magical beasts?

Expanding on this, can you use First Knowledge's Grace to teach a mouse of the sun Martial Arts?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
        A player of mine wanted to ask if he can use Bestial Traits Technique to teach his mouse of the sun martial arts or if this charm does not work on magical beasts?
        Nah. Animals only.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post

Expanding on this, can you use First Knowledge's Grace to teach a mouse of the sun Martial Arts?
          If you give a mouse the forbidden scrolls of Crumbling Cookie style...

If there are any roadblocks to teaching a student based on their level of cognitive functioning, First Knowledge's Grace will overcome them. It won't overcome physical restrictions, though, and the Storyteller may deem that there are some styles that a mouse of the sun is just physically incapable of using. However, beyond that, you could use First Knowledge's Grace in conjunction with Flowing Mind Prana to teach one Martial Arts.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What if you built the mouse a humanoid mecha suit, a la Pinky and the Brain?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
              What if you built the mouse a humanoid mecha suit, a la Pinky and the Brain?
              When will we see rules for adorable little pawstriders for our pets, Vance?

My homebrew: Abyssals, Infernals, Dragon Kings, martial arts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanaya View Post

When will we see rules for adorable little pawstriders for our pets, Vance?
                Maybe I'll pitch Paws of the Chosen as an April fool's project.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do/can Exigents have caste marks?

Comment

Exalted/Pugmire crossover book confirmed. Who wants to tell Eddy?

V/R,
                    Me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkuwa View Post
                      Do/can Exigents have caste marks?
                      They can have Caste Marks (or some equivalent marking of divinity, for those that don't have Castes), but I don't think they'd have to.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

They can have Caste Marks (or some equivalent marking of divinity, for those that don't have Castes), but I don't think they'd have to.
                        Any idea what Revana Quin's or Strawmaiden Janest's would be?

Comment

• A familiar question....
                          If a PC has a familiar, does the storyteller control said familiar or is it up to the player to do so? And in the case of the former, should the familiars stats be kept hidden from the player?

Comment

• Would a battlegroup of zombies have Might 1(lightly touched by the supernatural)? For this question, I'm assuming that they are only animate. The necromancer who raised them hasen't given them any additional "oomph", which in my mind makes them the same as regular humans just already dead. Am I correct in that assumption?

Comment

• So I just noticed something weird about the Dragon Blood excellency.

In regards to boosting static values a Dragon Blood can add up to [Ability + specialty]/2 round up. Now two things jump out at me. First, static values such as evasion, and parry don't add a specialty when they're calculated. So a DB with Dex 2 + Melee 4 + Specialty (swords) would still only have a parry of 3 (barring defense bonus from weapon). Similarly, if you had the same DB with Dodge 4 + specialty (avoiding arrows) your dodge would still only be 3.

In both these cases, the DB can add up to [ability + specialty]/2 Round Up to their defense. So they'd have a defense of 6 since they can add up to [4+1]/2 = 3(rounded up). Is this the only benefit of having a specialty in dodge?

The second thing I notice is that when calculating the dice cap DB round UP when figuring out their cap. In the core, this was previously round DOWN (and every exalt type presented rounds down). Was this something that was changed in playtesting? Was it an intentional move?

I'm assuming the decision to round down for static value cap in the core was to make sure if your solar had Attribute 3 + Ability 4 + specialty your total Static Value potential would be 7 instead of 8.

As per the Core, a similarly built DB would have a SV potential of 6 due to rounding down, but from WFhW it would be 7 because they'd round up instead.

In the interests of clarity, in all three cases, the unmodified SV would be 4.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

Tails of the First Age?

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Working...
                                X