X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some questions about the Underworld.
    The Core describes it as a sea full of islands.
    So does that mean that there's no longer a giant southern desert, Eastern forest, blessed Isle equivalent, etc, just loads of small islands?
    Are these still elementally-aspected? For example, mostly forested islands in the east, desert islands in the south, etc?
    How reflective are they of what's in the real world generally? Are they more like the multiple afterlife islands in old Wraith's Far Shores (IIRC)?
    Are Shadowlands all on islands, and do these islands stretch far from the edges of the Shadowlands? Or do you probably need a boat to leave a Shadowlands?
    How big are these islands?
    Thanks.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Is there going to be any room in Abyssals, in terms of something that might be explored in their book, for a world view based on apocalyptic visions, idealizing death (in terms of actual cessation rather than becoming a ghost), and fetishizing hopelessness?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• On the topic of the Lunar/Solar Bonds, it was mentioned that the Lunars get a persistent irremovable intimacy towards their Solar. It was mentioned that whatever the nature of the intimacy that the benefits of having the bond should always outweigh the drawbacks. What were these benefits supposed to be, if anything?

Comment

• Would the Storyteller's Guide have a place for an optional rule in which people channel their Intimacies for dice bonuses, in a similar manner to what Virtues had?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
            So are prayers still going to manifest in the Celestial City as ambrosia and/or quintessence?
            Haven't yet nailed down the details of how those work.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
              I have some questions about the Underworld.
              The Core describes it as a sea full of islands.
              So does that mean that there's no longer a giant southern desert, Eastern forest, blessed Isle equivalent, etc, just loads of small islands?
              Are these still elementally-aspected? For example, mostly forested islands in the east, desert islands in the south, etc?
              How reflective are they of what's in the real world generally? Are they more like the multiple afterlife islands in old Wraith's Far Shores (IIRC)?
              The extent to which the Underworld is reflective of Creation is highest at the shadowlands, and drops off the further you move away from them.

Are Shadowlands all on islands, and do these islands stretch far from the edges of the Shadowlands? Or do you probably need a boat to leave a Shadowlands?
              How big are these islands?
              Thanks.
              An island of the Underworld could be as large as a continent, or as small as an islet.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                Is there going to be any room in Abyssals, in terms of something that might be explored in their book, for a world view based on apocalyptic visions, idealizing death (in terms of actual cessation rather than becoming a ghost), and fetishizing hopelessness?
                That sounds an awful lot like the Bishop of the Chalcedony Thuribe's dogma.

In terms of a world view that an Abyssal character might actually hold, I'm not sure it carries a lot of water.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
                  On the topic of the Lunar/Solar Bonds, it was mentioned that the Lunars get a persistent irremovable intimacy towards their Solar. It was mentioned that whatever the nature of the intimacy that the benefits of having the bond should always outweigh the drawbacks. What were these benefits supposed to be, if anything?
                  They're woven throughout your Charm set.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

In terms of a world view that an Abyssal character might actually hold, I'm not sure it carries a lot of water.
                    Hmm, we could really do with a format that entails some more in-depth discussion.

Comment

They're woven throughout your Charm set.

So it improves some of the Lunar's charm set effectively?

Comment

• Does a well-timed activation of Inviolable Essence-Merging count for activation of Searing Quicksilver Flight? If so, does crashing someone through embracing Nirvana in the face of their aggression count as doing harm for the purposes of Inviolable Essence-Merging's special activation rules?

What are the terms for maintaining meditation? If it requires the character's full attention, would charms like Poised Lion Attitude allow social influence in combat? The description of its effects on discussion of Lore/Occult topics leads me to believe that social influence is possible without such a charm.

Is movement possible while the character is one with the cosmos? If so, do rules of disengagement even make sense, when one is an inapplicable target?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ketrus View Post
                          Does a well-timed activation of Inviolable Essence-Merging count for activation of Searing Quicksilver Flight?
                          No.

What are the terms for maintaining meditation? If it requires the character's full attention, would charms like Poised Lion Attitude allow social influence in combat? The description of its effects on discussion of Lore/Occult topics leads me to believe that social influence is possible without such a charm.

Is movement possible while the character is one with the cosmos? If so, do rules of disengagement even make sense, when one is an inapplicable target?
                          There's a sidebar nailing down the specifics of meditation in What Fire Has Wrought. Long story short, you can't do any of those things you just said.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

No.

There's a sidebar nailing down the specifics of meditation in What Fire Has Wrought. Long story short, you can't do any of those things you just said.
                            So a meditating character is a valid subject for social influence, but may not attempt social influence by any means?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ketrus View Post

So a meditating character is a valid subject for social influence, but may not attempt social influence by any means?
                              Correct. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What is better, a character that specializes in several abilities and neglects most others, or a character that specializes in a couple abilities and then branches out to be proficient at many?

Comment

Working...
                                X