X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you kill a sorcerer, are her bound demons:
    a) Free
    b) Free for the rest of their remaining summoning time, then they go back to Hell
    c) Still got a Defining Intimacy to their summoner, she's just not got any orders for them because she's dead, but they might avenge her or follow her last orders or something until the spell ends
    d) Immediately returned to Hell
    They don't disappear, and retain any sorcerous Ties of loyalty or task bindings imposed on them.

Also, if you kill a demon, does their body just dissolve? I guess that's the same for other spirits too. Can you kill an elemental or demon and harvest them for magical reagents, or do spirits just dissolve into nothingness?
    I think the more interesting answer is the one that lets you harvest demon fangs or gods' bones or whatever.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Would that still be possible if they were capable of reforming?

Running into a god you killed and made a sword handle out of their femur must be awkward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        They don't disappear, and retain any sorcerous Ties of loyalty or task bindings imposed on them.

I think the more interesting answer is the one that lets you harvest demon fangs or gods' bones or whatever.
        Not what I expected, but these answers seem more fun, so it's good.
        Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 09-02-2018, 05:59 PM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Will you be doing another Lunar preview soon?
          I don't know if that's a question you can/want to answer, but I thought I'd ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
            Will you be doing another Lunar preview soon?
            I don't know if that's a question you can/want to answer, but I thought I'd ask.
            We've got one in the queue for the blog. Not sure when it goes up.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does the power levels of the Dream-Souled, Hearteaters, and Umbrals have to do with the power levels of their patrons or just the way their powers work? For some reason, I'm a bit shocked that Dream-Souled are "only" Dragon-Blooded level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                Does the power levels of the Dream-Souled, Hearteaters, and Umbrals have to do with the power levels of their patrons or just the way their powers work? For some reason, I'm a bit shocked that Dream-Souled are "only" Dragon-Blooded level.
                Bit of column A, bit of column B.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  Roughly comparable to Lunars and Sidereals.
                  Has it been decided if the Umbral are Ability, Attribute, or Essence based on their charm structure?

Craft rewrite.
                  Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

• Do you happen to know at which point the umbral exalted, dream-souled and hearteaters are going to be detailed a bit more? Like in what supplement. Perhaps exigents?

Comment

• So the Chosen of the Deep(Speakers of the Deep? The deep sea cthulhu guys) don't play nice in groups. And I get the impression Heart Eaters don't either. How easy is it to green ranger as Dream Souled or Umbral?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• I came up with a few more questions. Don't know if these have been asked. Thanks for being patient.

First off, what do we call a version of the setting with the optional Exalted? 3.0A, 3.0(optional), 3.1?

Next, in a setting where the optional Exalted exist, how many of each would be a good number to exist?

Will Lunars have a way to use dreams as a sanctum like their Wyld powers from 2E? Could they possibly take items/people/other out of dreams into creation?

I've noticed that most of the Charms we've gotten with the Eclipse keyword tend to affect an area in some way. (entering a domain, bountiful crops, Sand trap) Will we be seeing Eclipse charms that are more direct or is it a theme of them that Eclipse charms usually affect an area?

If a bunch of lesser gods got together to create an Exigent, could they do it without the "Flame of Exigence"? Like could six forbidden spirits of ancient evil get together and make Mumm-Ra without any help from the Unconquered Sun? I'd guess they'd be so weakened by the rule of diminishment that they'd be destroyed or unable to leave Mumm-Ra's Pyramid.

thanks again!

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                          Do you happen to know at which point the umbral exalted, dream-souled and hearteaters are going to be detailed a bit more? Like in what supplement. Perhaps exigents?
                          Not a Dev, but they previously said that they'd be in Exigents.

Comment

• Will Angry Predator Frenzy’s anima reducing effect interact with hostile Terrestrial animas? Asking for a friend who is likely to run afoul of wyld hunts soon.

Comment

• The Core book is pretty obvious in terms of what's an animal and what's a magic monster, but the Hundred Devils Night Parade is less so.

Which of the following are animals that a Lunar could transform into (and have as their spirit shape)?

I guess these ones you can, as they're just animals or really big versions of animals:
                              Strix
                              Elephant/Mammoth
                              Metagalapan Riding Hawk/Great Roc
                              Armoured Kraken
                              Eight-Tailed Mole Hound

These ones I guess no, but I'm not sure:
                              Bloodworm
                              Giant Grosbeak
                              Gem Seeker

The other stuff I'm pretty sure Lunars can't use, so I won't ask for all of them.
                              Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 09-03-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                                The Core book is pretty obvious in terms of what's an animal and what's a magic monster, but the Hundred Devils Night Parade is less so.
                                The general guideline is that if you read that a specimen of the creature was discovered the real world (whether in an isolated location or as part of the fossil record), if your reaction is "it seems unusual but maybe it could be real," then it's an animal. While if your reaction is "It's impossible for such a creature to exist in the real world, some element of this story is clearly bullshit," it's a magical creature.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X