This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
    The general guideline is that if you read that a specimen of the creature was discovered the real world (whether in an isolated location or as part of the fossil record), if your reaction is "it seems unusual but maybe it could be real," then it's an animal. While if your reaction is "It's impossible for such a creature to exist in the real world, some element of this story is clearly bullshit," it's a magical creature.
    Okay, that seems reasonable.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
    Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmilesWithFangs View Post
      I came up with a few more questions. Don't know if these have been asked. Thanks for being patient.

First off, what do we call a version of the setting with the optional Exalted? 3.0A, 3.0(optional), 3.1?
      "Your game."

Next, in a setting where the optional Exalted exist, how many of each would be a good number to exist?
      The appendix in Exigents that covers this will give some default numbers.

Will Lunars have a way to use dreams as a sanctum like their Wyld powers from 2E? Could they possibly take items/people/other out of dreams into creation?
      They have some stuff that touches on dreams.

I've noticed that most of the Charms we've gotten with the Eclipse keyword tend to affect an area in some way. (entering a domain, bountiful crops, Sand trap) Will we be seeing Eclipse charms that are more direct or is it a theme of them that Eclipse charms usually affect an area?
      That's not a deliberate thing.

If a bunch of lesser gods got together to create an Exigent, could they do it without the "Flame of Exigence"? Like could six forbidden spirits of ancient evil get together and make Mumm-Ra without any help from the Unconquered Sun? I'd guess they'd be so weakened by the rule of diminishment that they'd be destroyed or unable to leave Mumm-Ra's Pyramid.
      Nope, they'd still need to call on the Exigence.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
        So the Chosen of the Deep(Speakers of the Deep? The deep sea cthulhu guys) don't play nice in groups. And I get the impression Heart Eaters don't either. How easy is it to green ranger as Dream Souled or Umbral?
        The Spoken have trouble being group players, on account of they went extinct.

Hearteaters...probably won't fit into a mixed Circle, but it's not impossible.

Umbral Exalted or Dream-Souled could easily fit into a mixed Circle.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Maudova View Post

Has it been decided if the Umbral are Ability, Attribute, or Essence based on their charm structure?
          All three of the optional Exalted are currently planned to be Essence-based.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Could a large number of minor spirits of similar nature get together and create their own Exalted? I’m talking like “Size 5 Battlegroup of Field Gods” numbers or something else ridiculous.

Or does it not matter how many lesser gods you get together, they still need the help of a powerful entity to produce an Exaltation?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
              Could a large number of minor spirits of similar nature get together and create their own Exalted? I’m talking like “Size 5 Battlegroup of Field Gods” numbers or something else ridiculous.

Or does it not matter how many lesser gods you get together, they still need the help of a powerful entity to produce an Exaltation?
              You can't overcome the need for the Exigence through quantity.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                Could a large number of minor spirits of similar nature get together and create their own Exalted? I’m talking like “Size 5 Battlegroup of Field Gods” numbers or something else ridiculous.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  The Spoken have trouble being group players, on account of they went extinct.
                  This might be cheating but is there anything about their powerset that makes it implausible as well? I intend to Ryleh them as a plot point some time in the future...

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
                  Many Limbed Manual
                  Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                  San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
                  My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• If Stormcaller is used with Single Point style, does it cause it's sheathing effect with every strike? Or does it only activate with the intent of actually sheathing the blade?

Comment

Wonderfully ironic double-post.

Comment

To add to what Eric said, you're correct in that all those animals are animals, and that the Giant Grosbeak, Bloodworm, and Gem Seeker are not. There's a sidebar in Lunars providing some Storyteller guidance on this topic.
                        Note also that in the final consolidated Hundred Devils book, "Animals" and "Strange Beasts" will be two separate chapters, so it will be easy to tell the difference.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
                        Changeling: The Lost developer
                        Mage: The Awakening developer

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                          If Stormcaller is used with Single Point style, does it cause it's sheathing effect with every strike? Or does it only activate with the intent of actually sheathing the blade?
                          Yep! 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

This might be cheating but is there anything about their powerset that makes it implausible as well? I intend to Ryleh them as a plot point some time in the future...
                            Kinda, although it's not an insurmountable obstacle.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I have a character who is planning to summon some 3rd circle demons soon. How hard should they be to summon compared to 2nd circles that are mostly resolve 5? Are we talking about doubling it to 10 or more than that?

Comment

• Can only Gods make use of the Exigence? Suppose, hypothetically, that a demon or elemental, or maybe even a behemoth of some sort, got their hands on one. Could they then make their own Exalted?

Comment

Working...
                                X