X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If i make frozen Elsa and exigent, what would be the essence level for the charm that lets her create a castle or ice soldiers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Builder View Post
      I have a character who is planning to summon some 3rd circle demons soon. How hard should they be to summon compared to 2nd circles that are mostly resolve 5? Are we talking about doubling it to 10 or more than that?
      Tougher, but not impossible. I could see some Third Circle Demons having Merits that specifically make them difficult to bind.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
        Can only Gods make use of the Exigence? Suppose, hypothetically, that a demon or elemental, or maybe even a behemoth of some sort, got their hands on one. Could they then make their own Exalted?
        It's gods-only.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
          If i make frozen Elsa and exigent, what would be the essence level for the charm that lets her create a castle or ice soldiers?
          There's not one right answer to that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            There's not one right answer to that.
            I know that the why will surly be answered in exigents. But can you give us a sneak peak at the reason?

Comment

• If a specific Exalt, Exigent or otherwise, were judged by the Immaculate Order to be Not-Anathema, how portable is that status?

Can Exigent Englebert, having been judged by the Immaculates to be holding up the Order and not threatening the status quo, then go to another satrapy with some sort of badge that he can flash to the local monastery that suggests he get the benefit of the doubt if any Exciting Incidents crop up? Or is he going to go through a full vetting any time he moves somewhere he isn't known?

Does the answer change if it's Solar Sally, with her caste mark that is already explicitly recognized as Anathemic, but she's done some backroom wheeling and dealing in Yu-Shan and somehow gotten protection from the Gold faction or a temporary reprieve from the Bronze?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post

I know that the why will surly be answered in exigents. But can you give us a sneak peak at the reason?
                Because you can't assign Essence minimums in a vacuum—you have to take things in the context of the Charm set as a whole. In an alternate universe where that kind of effect made sense for Solars (or say, in the Infernal Charm set, as something where they shed a layer of bronze and basalt from their flesh and reshape it into a cityscape), I'd probably stick that higher up in Essence—"instantly create infrastructure ex nihilo" is pretty powerful compared to stuff like Craftsman Needs No Tools or Wyld-Shaping Technique. But in the context of an Exigent, it could theoretically be appropriate (albeit unlikely) for that to be an Essence 1-2 effect.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BestCaseSurvival View Post
                  If a specific Exalt, Exigent or otherwise, were judged by the Immaculate Order to be Not-Anathema, how portable is that status?

Can Exigent Englebert, having been judged by the Immaculates to be holding up the Order and not threatening the status quo, then go to another satrapy with some sort of badge that he can flash to the local monastery that suggests he get the benefit of the doubt if any Exciting Incidents crop up? Or is he going to go through a full vetting any time he moves somewhere he isn't known?

Does the answer change if it's Solar Sally, with her caste mark that is already explicitly recognized as Anathemic, but she's done some backroom wheeling and dealing in Yu-Shan and somehow gotten protection from the Gold faction or a temporary reprieve from the Bronze?
                  Exigents are assumed not to be Anathema, unless declared otherwise.

For Solars, Lunars, and other Exalted that are considered Anathema by nature...well, I don't think there's ever been an instance where the Immaculate Order has declared one of them "not Anathema," and if they did, good luck trying to convince other Immaculates that whatever proof you have of that status isn't some kind of mind-snaring Anathema trick.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is the status of the Auxillary exalted noted? Are they well known enough for Immaculates to categorize them as 'anathema' by nature or?

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
                    Many Limbed Manual
                    Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                    San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
                    My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Yep! 10char
                      Yep to which part?

Comment

Yep! 10char

On what question? That it happens on every strike or that it requires intent?

Comment

It's gods-only.
                          That wouldn't prevent them from tainting it for future use, right? I feel like that's half the fun of "black market" Exigences.

Comment

• How do you see the effects of White Veil style effecting creatures like animals and zombies that would attack a character indiscriminately regardless of whether they thought she was attacking them or not? Or on a battlefield where carousing or socializing would be out of place?

Comment

• Originally posted by Therian View Post
                              How do you see the effects of White Veil style effecting creatures like animals and zombies that would attack a character indiscriminately regardless of whether they thought she was attacking them or not? Or on a battlefield where carousing or socializing would be out of place?
                              I'd leave that for players to describe with stunts.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by reseru View Post
                                That wouldn't prevent them from tainting it for future use, right? I feel like that's half the fun of "black market" Exigences.
                                Only gods can use the Exigence, in any capacity.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X