Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If my Twilight is an expert on Elementals, should he have that specialty in Occult or Lore? If either works, can you elaborate on what the difference would be on an Elementals specialty on Occult or Lore?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Great to see more charms, especially non-combat charms. I like how clear the mechanics are, and more importantly, how a lot of the charms actually give you a new ability to use, rather than just making you better at something you could already do.

One question I have:
      Blood-And-Tear Elixir Cultivation can be taken as a Totemic (Intelligence) charm, with Night's Mercy Panacea as a prerequisite. Is that in addition to the normal prerequisite of Scorpion and Toad Absolution, or instead of?

On the other hand, Adder Fang Method can be taken as a Totemic (Wits) charm. It doesn't say anything about prerequisities. Does that mean, there's none, or you have to take Scorpion and Toad Absolution like normal?
      Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 09-06-2018, 02:47 PM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Been running some numbers on crafting Artifacts. When Supreme Masterwork Focus doubles the base successes of a Craft roll, do these new successes qualify to provide bonus dice through Divine Inspiration Technique?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
          If my Twilight is an expert on Elementals, should he have that specialty in Occult or Lore?
          Depending on what sort of expert she is, that could be either or both.

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
          If either works, can you elaborate on what the difference would be on an Elementals specialty on Occult or Lore?
          Occult would cover intuitive or hands-on knowledge, such as sensing an elemental's presence or affecting it with Occult Charms, sorcery, or the Twilight's anima power. Lore would cover academic knowledge, such as the history or politics of an elemental court. There would be some crossover; one might recall or intuit the protocols for greeting an ifrit prince through Lore or through Occult.
          Last edited by Eric Minton; 09-06-2018, 03:30 PM.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
            Great to see more charms, especially non-combat charms. I like how clear the mechanics are, and more importantly, how a lot of the charms actually give you a new ability to use, rather than just making you better at something you could already do.

One question I have:
            Blood-And-Tear Elixir Cultivation can be taken as a Totemic (Intelligence) charm, with Night's Mercy Panacea as a prerequisite. Is that in addition to the normal prerequisite of Scorpion and Toad Absolution, or instead of?
            Instead of. Night's Mercy Panacea is an Intelligence Charm, so if you have Totemic access to Blood-and-Tear Elixir Cultivation, you can get it with absolutely no investment in Stamina. All Totemic Charms that have prerequisites will work that way.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Thanks! Does that mean Adder Fang, as a Wits charm, has no prereqs? Or is Scorpion and Toad Absolution a Totemic Wits charm too, and that's the prereq?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                Thanks! Does that mean Adder Fang, as a Wits charm, has no prereqs? Or is Scorpion and Toad Absolution a Totemic Wits charm too, and that's the prereq?
                Scorpion and Toad Absolution is Totemic through Wits, yep. There are a couple of trees that are structured like that, where there's one Totemic Charm, and then it's the prereq for a whole progression of related stuff.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• It keeps coming up that 1e is the reference point for a lot of what 3e is doing. Is there anything specific from 2e that is being kept?

Comment

• Have I been misunderstanding how the whole “Every wielder’s Evocations are unique” thing works or is Moon-and-Sun Panoply supposed to be a specific exception to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                      Have I been misunderstanding how the whole “Every wielder’s Evocations are unique” thing works or is Moon-and-Sun Panoply supposed to be a specific exception to that?
                      Nominally an exception, although if you wanna save time by not writing up a whole separate tree of Evocations for Stormcaller when your buddy borrows it for a couple sessions while you're stuck in negotiations, I'm not gonna yell at you.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                        It keeps coming up that 1e is the reference point for a lot of what 3e is doing. Is there anything specific from 2e that is being kept?
                        The setting material in Compass of Celestial Directions: Autochthonia is probably the first thing that comes to mind.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          The setting material in Compass of Celestial Directions: Autochthonia is probably the first thing that comes to mind.
                          As someone who came into Exalted with 2E I find that somewhat alarming! Is there a fairly comprehensive list of items from 2E that were altered or removed going into 3E? I don’t mean mechanics-wise or just stuff that has not yet been adapted, I mean very specific “In this edition of Exalted we do not have [X] that was in the previous edition.”

Comment

Nominally an exception, although if you wanna save time by not writing up a whole separate tree of Evocations for Stormcaller when your buddy borrows it for a couple sessions while you're stuck in negotiations, I'm not gonna yell at you.
                            Does that mean this part
                            If the Lunar’s Solar mate is resonant with the artifact, the Lunar is also treated as being resonant with it for any Evocations she uses that her Solar mate has also awakened.
                            is only meant to be relevant to Evocations unlocked via the following paragraph?

Comment

• What are the odds, mathematically speaking, for rolling a success when using the various 'double number' effects?

Comment

Well all that stuff was great. How applicable would Masters of Jade be?

Comment

Working...
                                X