This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
    I had a question about the charm Unwinding Gyre Meditation, in Solar Craft (Exalted, p. 291). The charm lets you "void" the bonus gold craft XP to gain a bonus to the next artifact of the same rating you craft. It then goes on to say that "The Exalt may void subsequent bonuses gained with this Charm..." to multiply the bonuses provided. My question is, should the bonuses being "voided" be read as only being the gold craft XP for those artifacts? Or does this mean that all the bonuses of the charm (which also includes goal number reduction) are voided for that artifact, in exchange for the greater bonuses for subsequent projects?

I'm inclined to think it's the former, just voiding gold craft XP rewards, because voiding the goal number reduction would require the player to declare that they're intending to use the charm at the start of the project, long before its actual activation time (which is normally "when you complete a project"), or essentially retcon a project as not finished afterall, if you used it when it was finished and that bumped the goal number above what you had got. But I wanted to be sure you guys thought it was reasonably balanced for a crafter, as long as they keep making artifacts of the same rating, and have some other source of gold xp to fuel their projects, to have continuously reducing goal numbers for their projects.
    The only thing you give up is the gold point award for completing a superior project.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will there be any changes to how Lunars start with shapes beyond their totem at character gen, or will it be a Heart's Blood Merit that lets you start with X forms, pretty much like before?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        Will there be any changes to how Lunars start with shapes beyond their totem at character gen, or will it be a Heart's Blood Merit that lets you start with X forms, pretty much like before?
        It's still done through Merits, but there've been some tweaks and refinements.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is there a new merit for Lunar's that has something to do with blood? Like for a Lunar with a leech or vampire bat spirit shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
            Stormcaller is a reaper daiklave. Single point uses them exclusively. Steel devil is compatible if you use another sword in the other hand. I'd grab the Lunar hearthstone from Arms that clones a one handed weapon though
            Anyways, would it be game-breaking to make a custom version of the Belt of Shadow Walking that had a higher artifact rating but had the possibility of harboring evocations?
            Not a Dev, but I would point out that Steel Devil specifically requires "paired swords". Just wielding another sword in the off-hand is not a paired weapon. Using the Lunar hearthstone might work though.

Comment

Is there a new merit for Lunar's that has something to do with blood? Like for a Lunar with a leech or vampire bat spirit shape.
              No. Outside of taking the heart's blood of prey in the sacred hunt (and I guess the fact that being able to shapeshift any part of their body includes their blood), they don't really have much to do with it. They aren't the vampire Exalted.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TalosX View Post

Not a Dev, but I would point out that Steel Devil specifically requires "paired swords". Just wielding another sword in the off-hand is not a paired weapon. Using the Lunar hearthstone might work though.
                Good point

Comment

• I think it may have been mentioned somewhere else, but is there a new mutation in lunar's that allows one to spin actual web?

Comment

I think it may have been mentioned somewhere else, but is there a new mutation in lunar's that allows one to spin actual web?
                    We couldn't have left that one out!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      We couldn't have left that one out!
                      Excellent... But can this web be used to grapple and grab things...? For my... Spider Style i am working on....

Comment

• Are Storm Mothers just a Western thing or do the Inner, White, and/or Dreaming Sea have them as well?

Comment

Excellent... But can this web be used to grapple and grab things...? For my... Spider Style i am working on....
                          We aren't fools!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            We aren't fools!
                            Hey...everyone can make mistakes.... *sweats profusely*
                            Is it hypothetically possible to create a custom lunar charm that could enhance the strength of such web, so it could resist flame and even be used to trap ridiculously strong creatures?
                            Also if a martial artist drops into a form, does tying up those motes count as being spent for the purposes of anima flaring?

Comment

Hey...everyone can make mistakes.... *sweats profusely*
                              Is it hypothetically possible to create a custom lunar charm that could enhance the strength of such web, so it could resist flame and even be used to trap ridiculously strong creatures?
                              There aren't any Lunar Charms that enhance specific mutations, but I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

Also if a martial artist drops into a form, does tying up those motes count as being spent for the purposes of anima flaring?
                              When you spend the motes to activate a Form Charm, it counts towards anima flaring, just like normal. If you later change to another Form, the committed motes that "carry over" towards its cost don't count towards flaring, although any new motes you commit do.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can Fatal Stroke Flash from Single Point be combined with Thunderbolt Attack Prana?

Comment

Working...
                                X