This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Personas have the same memories as the original. If you want to go deeper cover than that, you'll need something like Memory-Reweaving Discipline.
    Actually, its the opposite. I dont want my persona forgetting the mission and start sacrificing babies to cecelyne.

Comment

Stunt, spend Willpower, get exceptional equipment, find goals that the Storyteller agrees will provide circumstance bonuses, and, uh, Craft Charms.
      Well, those first three are an extra 3 successes and 3 dice (max) per roll, and the Craft Charms were a given, but could you explain that "goals providing circumstance bonuses" bit to me?
      Last edited by shkspr1048; 09-09-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
        Well, those first three are an extra 3 successes and 3 dice (max) per roll, and the Craft Charms were a given, but could you explain that "goals providing circumstance bonuses" bit to me?
        Things that your Storyteller thinks would be worth a circumstantial bonus on the roll.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Opening the Mind's Gate, if it succeeds, allows you to "induce a state of supernatural receptivity in a single character, treating him as though he had a Major Principle of “I must seek out education” for one scene."

A few questions came up about this in today's game:
          First, we assume as they don't actually have this intimacy, you just treat them as having it, it doesn't actually change their behaviour, you can just use it to support other social influence attempts.
          Second, are they just treated as having this intimacy towards your social influence attempts, or other people's social influence attempts as well?
          Third, I assume you can this intimacy to allow you to make Persuade rolls (which you might not normally be allowed to attempt). Does it also reduce their Resolve? For example, if a character uses this charm on a target, and then makes a Persuade roll to convince them to join a school, do they get -2 Resolve from the supporting intimacy?

Basically, what's the difference between them having the intimacy, and being treated as having the intimacy?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
            First, we assume as they don't actually have this intimacy, you just treat them as having it, it doesn't actually change their behaviour, you can just use it to support other social influence attempts.
            Second, are they just treated as having this intimacy towards your social influence attempts, or other people's social influence attempts as well?
            Third, I assume you can this intimacy to allow you to make Persuade rolls (which you might not normally be allowed to attempt). Does it also reduce their Resolve? For example, if a character uses this charm on a target, and then makes a Persuade roll to convince them to join a school, do they get -2 Resolve from the supporting intimacy?

Basically, what's the difference between them having the intimacy, and being treated as having the intimacy?
            For all intents and purposes—roleplaying, Resolve modifiers, persuade actions, Decision Points, Charms that key off Intimacies—they act as though they have that Intimacy. It just goes away when the scene ends.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is Chiaroscuro covered in the Realm book? If not, is it planned for it to be included in Across the Eight Directions?

Same question about An-Teng.

Comment

• How would one model a ghost-blood turned exalt? Give them a supernatural merit? Or perhaps nothing...?
                I know there's a ghost blood that serves in the Bloodthirsty (adversaries of the righteous) and that one has a merit that means they can be physically effected by ghosts and can effect ghosts as a given. Maybe that?

Comment

• Can seven section staves be used with styles that use staves in general? Like white reaper and perhaps golden janissary?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                    Are Storm Mothers just a Western thing or do the Inner, White, and/or Dreaming Sea have them as well?
                    Bumping this. Might be more Minton’s field?

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                      Can seven section staves be used with styles that use staves in general? Like white reaper and perhaps golden janissary?
                      Nope. Two different weapons.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can breaks be taken between phases of Wyld-Shaping Technique? That is, could three phases be finished, the character rests to recover Essence, and then starts up again at phase four?

Comment

• I'm not sure if this has been answered as of yet, but what is defined as exalted undead?

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                            I'm not sure if this has been answered as of yet, but what is defined as exalted undead?
                            Abyssals, Liminals, maybe some funky Exigents.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Things that your Storyteller thinks would be worth a circumstantial bonus on the roll.
                              Could you give an example? What sort of circumstantial bonuses would you allow in a game you ran?

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                                Could you give an example? What sort of circumstantial bonuses would you allow in a game you ran?
                                It's really up to individual Storytellers. I'm hesitant to list examples, as folks might assign more canonical weight to them than I intend to give them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X