This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Rules for non-Exalted god-blooded that are powerful enough to have Charms will be different than Exalted god-blooded.
    Oh.

Ooooooh.

That's extremely interesting. Thank you.

Comment

• So when it comes to Lunars and their champion/beast man making charms how beasty does a beast person have to be. Do you have to go full blown anthropomorphic, or could you just have animal characteristics, or even just emphasize the spiritual symbolism. Basically do you have to go full on wolf man (Wolf head, fuzzy body, and all) or can you have people with wolf characteristics (lithe quick body, fangs, and sharp hearing but otherwise human), or even just enhanced by the spirit symbolism of the wolf (The wolf is on the inside).

Comment

• Originally posted by Morangias View Post
        Doesn't Two Shadows, the ghost-blood of the Bloodthirsty, actually have two ghost-blooded Charms? The layout makes it difficult to tell if they're meant to be her native Charms or the Evocations of her armor, but their names and functions seem to suggest the former.
        Not a dev, but the only charms Two Shadows has are labelled as evocations of Kraken's Shroud. Her special ability, Deathwalker, is her ghost-blooded power manifested.
        Felt it was important enough to clarify... Pls don't kill me....

Comment

• Will the clones charm tree for the lunars contain the ability for independent action?
          Like, having one clone advising the ruler while another one (with a different form) leads a rebellion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
            Will the clones charm tree for the lunars contain the ability for independent action?
            Like, having one clone advising the ruler while another one (with a different form) leads a rebellion.
            Yes, you can have autonomous duplicates (although there are restrictions on that to avoid breaking action economy).

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
              So when it comes to Lunars and their champion/beast man making charms how beasty does a beast person have to be. Do you have to go full blown anthropomorphic, or could you just have animal characteristics, or even just emphasize the spiritual symbolism. Basically do you have to go full on wolf man (Wolf head, fuzzy body, and all) or can you have people with wolf characteristics (lithe quick body, fangs, and sharp hearing but otherwise human), or even just enhanced by the spirit symbolism of the wolf (The wolf is on the inside).
              I could see beastfolk who have animal characteristics without being a full-blown anthropomorphic animal, but I don't think you could get rid of the animal characteristics and still be a beastwoman—at that point, you're just a very non-beasty mutant.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I could see beastfolk who have animal characteristics without being a full-blown anthropomorphic animal, but I don't think you could get rid of the animal characteristics and still be a beastwoman—at that point, you're just a very non-beasty mutant.
                That's fair, thank you for the answer. I am glad there is options for your beast-peps. So on the topic of the trails, do they last forever (until destroyed)? Or do they have to constantly be maintained?
                Last edited by Snakesandsuns; 09-11-2018, 09:37 PM. Reason: trial =/= trail

Comment

• Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post

That's fair, thank you for the answer. I am glad there is options for your beast-peps. So on the topic of the trails, do they last forever (until destroyed)? Or do they have to constantly be maintained?
                  It takes a while before your testing grounds become permanent, but once you've done it, they last until destroyed.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Yes, you can have autonomous duplicates (although there are restrictions on that to avoid breaking action economy).
                    The more i hear about the Lunars the more i want them.

Comment

So a Lunar can be an entire autonomous collective by themselves?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

So a Lunar can be an entire autonomous collective by themselves?
                        But wouldn't they get lonely?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• *Post deleted due to flippantness*
                          Last edited by Prometheus878; 09-12-2018, 03:14 PM.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Will there be any charms to help the problem with group stealth? IE a charm that can help your teammates be as stealthy as you are?

Often times I see that Stealth isn't a viable option since usually either you gotta bring the entire group along (And thus everyone needs to be good at stealth), or it's a solitary activity where the rest of their party sits on their hands. Then of course, there's the fact that the more times you roll the more likely any one person is to botch, and it only takes one botch to ruin stealth for everyone.
                            Last edited by ReshyShira; 09-12-2018, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                              Not a dev, but the only charms Two Shadows has are labelled as evocations of Kraken's Shroud. Her special ability, Deathwalker, is her ghost-blooded power manifested.
                              Felt it was important enough to clarify... Pls don't kill me....
                              The thing is, Two Shadows' writeup uses different formatting from all other Adversaries writeups when it comes to Charms. In other entries, Artifacts and Evocations are written in normal paragraph style, and the "table"-style dividing Charms into Offensive, Defensive, Social etc. is reserved for personal Charms. Two Shadows' writeup starts with the Artifact like all other writeups do, but does it in the "table" format rather than normal paragraph.

This, combined with the fact that her two Charms make little sense for armor and are clearly death-themed in a way the armor isn't, suggests to me they're actually her own ghost-blooded Charms.

Comment

• First question, fluff: What language do they speak in Medo? Skytongue? Riverspeak?

Second question, mechanics:
                                When I asked you a year ago Vance, you said Lunar excellencies are based on the Lunar's own stats (though you hadn't quite decided about Strength to damage and Stamina to soak).
                                So if you have Dex 4, then you can use the Dex excellency to add 4 dice to your attack whether in the form of a turtle or a tiger or a tyrant lizard (unlike in 2nd ed, where if their dice pool was bigger than yours it took away from your dice cap).

Is that still true?

Also, can Lunars use their own dice pool if it's better than their animal form's?

And lastly... are there any Totemic charms that a horse-totem Lunar would get via Totemic? What kind?
                                Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 09-12-2018, 10:06 AM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Working...
                                X