X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

You use the animal's values. No caps.
    I take it then that a High Strength/High Stamina Lunar also adds nothing to the Damage/Soak values?

*Sees an opportunity for High Dex dump Strength Lunars with Kaiju Forms.*
    Last edited by prototype00; 09-12-2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post

I take it then that a High Strength/High Stamina Lunar also adds nothing to the Damage/Soak values?

*Sees an opportunity for High Dex dump Strength Lunars with Kaiju Forms.*
      Your Strength and Dexterity still determine the amounts you can add to damage and soak with your Excellencies.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Your Strength and Dexterity still determine the amounts you can add to damage and soak with your Excellencies.
        Can Lunars in an Animal Form add to their base damage with a Strength Excellency? (I’m sorry this seem to be a stupid question, but I must have totally missed this part of the previews)

Comment

Dex 3, Brawl 3 Lunar has a default dice cap of +3 on attacks. Her normal attack pool is 6, +3 Charm dice brings that up to 9. 11 is higher than 9. She only rolls nine dice to attack, because she can't go over her dice limit.

Dex 5, Brawl 5 Lunar has a default dice cap of +5 on attacks. Her normal attack pool is 10, +5 Charm dice brings that up to 15. 11 is lower than 15. She rolls 11 dice for attacks, and could add up to +4 more with the Dexterity Excellency or other Charms.

(Stunting might change the above math)

You use the animal's values. No caps.
          So where do accuracy bonuses come into the calculations? Most to-hit die pools have a bonus, do animals have a base accuracy to them? I see things like a Clawstrider has 8 dice to hit with a bite (damage 15) and 12 dice to hit (11 damage) with claws.

Comment

• Do any of the new animals in fangs at the gate have legendary size?

If my lunar has a tyrant lizard spirit shape but does not have the charm for legendary size, would he just turn into a smaller version of the tyrant lizard?
            Last edited by The Lidless Eye That Sees; 09-13-2018, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• What happens, if anything, if you lose the intimacy that was exploited in a persuade attempt before you have finished the task.
              I.E. you have been persuaded to travel to the Lost Ziggurat of Zarlath due to your intimacy of "Seek Glory and Fortune", but on the way you meet a friendly monk who manages to totally erode the intimacy? What if he merely erodes the intimacy to below the level that would be sufficient to perform the task?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                What happens, if anything, if you lose the intimacy that was exploited in a persuade attempt before you have finished the task.
                I.E. you have been persuaded to travel to the Lost Ziggurat of Zarlath due to your intimacy of "Seek Glory and Fortune", but on the way you meet a friendly monk who manages to totally erode the intimacy? What if he merely erodes the intimacy to below the level that would be sufficient to perform the task?
                You're still persuaded.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
                  Do any of the new animals in fangs at the gate have legendary size?
                  Yep.

If my lunar has a tyrant lizard spirit shape but does not have the charm for legendary size, would he just turn into a smaller version of the tyrant lizard?
                  Nope.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post

So where do accuracy bonuses come into the calculations? Most to-hit die pools have a bonus, do animals have a base accuracy to them? I see things like a Clawstrider has 8 dice to hit with a bite (damage 15) and 12 dice to hit (11 damage) with claws.
                    They don't. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by prototype00 View Post

Can Lunars in an Animal Form add to their base damage with a Strength Excellency? (I’m sorry this seem to be a stupid question, but I must have totally missed this part of the previews)
                      You can use the Strength Excellency to boost withering damage, and the Stamina Excellency to boost soak. Works in all forms.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

You're still persuaded.
                        Presumably though, this'll make it a little easier for a character to overturn the influence? (Though overturning influence is still really hard.)

I'm also quite confused by the Lunar excellencies now. I think I misinterpreted your reply to my earlier question.
                        Originally posted by Me
                        So if you have Dex 4, then you can use the Dex excellency to add 4 dice to your attack whether in the form of a turtle or a tiger or a tyrant lizard (unlike in 2nd ed, where if their dice pool was bigger than yours it took away from your dice cap).

Is that still true?

Originally posted by Robert Vance
                        Yep.
                        I thought you meant that, whatever form you were in, if you have Dex 4 you can always add 4 excellency dice to hit, but your answer to Calboon seemed to imply that was wrong, and that if the animal's dice pool is better, it counts as part of your cap?

So, I'm a Full Moon with Str 4/Dex 4/Sta 4/Brawl 4.
                        So my attack pool is 8, and my cap can take it to 12. (Not counting stunts)

I turn into a Tyrant Lizard and make a slam (12 dice to hit, damage 16).
                        I can add 0 dice to attack, and 4 dice to damage? Or can I still add 4?
                        And with a bite (11 dice to hit, damage 14), I can add 1 dice to attack (to make 12), and 4 dice to damage?
                        And I can also add 4 soak to my base soak of 15?

And with a Talon Rake (13 dice to hit) I'm already past the cap, so I can't use the excellency at all (without a stunt), but I can still attack at 13 dice, I'm not capped at 12?

Then I turn into a horse.
                        I make a kick (6 dice, 14 damage).
                        I roll my own pool of 8 dice because it's better. I can add 4 dice to hit, and 4 dice to damage?
                        Someone attacks me, do I use the horse's soak of 3, or mine of 4? Either way, I assume my Stamina excellency adds up to 4?
                        Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 09-13-2018, 10:13 AM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                          I thought you meant that, whatever form you were in, if you have Dex 4 you can always add 4 excellency dice to hit, but your answer to Calboon seemed to imply that was wrong, and that if the animal's dice pool is better, it counts as part of your cap?
                          Any dice that an animal form has over your own base pool counts as Charm dice.

And with a Talon Rake (13 dice to hit) I'm already past the cap, so I can't use the excellency at all (without a stunt), but I can still attack at 13 dice, I'm not capped at 12?
                          No. If an animal's base pool is higher than your cap, you don't get to go above your cap.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• You've stated that a lunar can use the better of her die pool or the form's (subject to dice cap), Can she also substitute her own unarmed damage pool? A lunar with str 5 has an unarmed damage pool of 12. Can she sub that in for a Quoll-Lion's claw attack (which only has damage 10)? or a tiny creature's attack such as the cat's bite (normal damage of 4)?

Presumably the lunar can substitute her own pool to establish control of a grapple, though, right?

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Okay, I understand now, thanks.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Any dice that an animal form has over your own base pool counts as Charm dice.

No. If an animal's base pool is higher than your cap, you don't get to go above your cap.
                                How does that interact with stunting? i'm assuming that if you stunt in the second atribute you just use the new higher cap. So if the cap is 15 dice before stunt animal form has 16 dice though not extra dice but if after the stunt your cap is 18 you can but 2 more dice with one of the relavent excelleties.

Comment

Working...
                                X