This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fiikragg View Post

How does that interact with stunting? i'm assuming that if you stunt in the second atribute you just use the new higher cap. So if the cap is 15 dice before stunt animal form has 16 dice though not extra dice but if after the stunt your cap is 18 you can but 2 more dice with one of the relavent excelleties.
    Stunting doesn't count against the cap, but neither does it increase it.

With that, I think I'm gonna call a moratorium on Lunar dice cap questions for the time being. Once y'all have the actual rules for shapeshifting and Lunar dice caps, pretty much everything should be clear, at least, based on playtester feedback.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Given that Lunars don't get any favoured abilities, is there no way for them to gain access to discounted prices for Martial Arts and Spells? Specifically I'm worried that a Lunar who wanted to combine several different martial arts would find it prohibitively expensive due to all the ability dots they'd have to buy, on top of a 4 dot Merit and all the charms.

Comment

• If i were to play a lunar with a monkey spirit shape, could i still use MAs in deadly beastman form? And could i theoretically use MAs in the monkey form?

Comment

• Will there be any Martial Arts that Lunars favor (like those designed for them) or Martial Arts they can use while shapeshifted (due to resonating with a Lunar's protean nature)?

Asking since Lunars already pay extra to buy the martial arts ability dots each time they want a new Martial Arts, so even if some of them are discounted for the Martial charms they're still paying more.

Comment

• Also if a lunar has, say, a snake spirit shape. Could she use snake style martial arts to hit and such instead of brawl? (Even if this means she can't use MA charms in said animal form) If yes, would the same be true for a lunar who uses tiger style or centipede style?

Comment

• Will there be Charms for taking the shapes of non-physical, non-spiritual beings? Like, for instance, beings made of shadow, or sentient clouds?

Comment

• How common was 6+ Essence Dragon Blooded in the First Age. I ask this for some clarification on a couple of points. One is that while even if you do take in account of Sidereal help, their numbers, and the advantage of a surprise attack. The Dragon-Blooded did wage battle against Solars and not any normal Solars if that could be a thing but Solars when they were at their best, many probably having thousands of years of life and expierence, thus high Essence. The fact that the Dragon-Blooded were successful even at a high cost seems to me that they must have been significantly powerful themselves. Another point is in regards to lifespan, given how expansive and widespread Solar Sorcery was and how important it was to the First Age, it gives me doubts that the Dragon-Blooded in the time didn't have a way to extend their lifespans thanks to the wonders of the Solars that would be unavailable in the Times of Tumult. Or at least that's how I think of it. Always welcome corrections if I'm wrong.

Also another question, I'm not a backer on the DB book so I don't know if this was mentioned somewhere. But is there any truth to the figures the DB reveres as the Immaculate Dragons, whether really being incarnations of the Elemental Dragons or just really powerful DBs or is that more of a question for individual GMs.

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                  Will there be Charms for taking the shapes of non-physical, non-spiritual beings? Like, for instance, beings made of shadow, or sentient clouds?
                  Not a dev, but i asked a similar question on whether Lunar's can take non animal shapes. The answer was a no... So lunar's are only capable of taking human or animal forms.
                  Unless i read the reply wrong, which is unlikely

Comment

• If a god of a particular martial art invoked the exigence. Is it viable to say the exigent of that god would have access to the mastery keyword for that particular martial art? (Like an exigent of a snake god that is the god of a particular temple/monastery who is a god of snake style obviously)
                    Last edited by GenericMaleNPC01; 09-13-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadassOverlord View Post
                      Given that Lunars don't get any favoured abilities, is there no way for them to gain access to discounted prices for Martial Arts and Spells? Specifically I'm worried that a Lunar who wanted to combine several different martial arts would find it prohibitively expensive due to all the ability dots they'd have to buy, on top of a 4 dot Merit and all the charms.
                      Spells, yes. Martial Arts, no. The steep cost to learn them is the price you pay for getting to combo them with native Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                        If i were to play a lunar with a monkey spirit shape, could i still use MAs in deadly beastman form? And could i theoretically use MAs in the monkey form?
                        You can always use Martial Arts together with Deadly Beastman Transformation, and can never use them together with animal shapes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                          Will there be Charms for taking the shapes of non-physical, non-spiritual beings? Like, for instance, beings made of shadow, or sentient clouds?
                          No. Lunars can only take the heart's blood of humans and animals.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            No. Lunars can only take the heart's blood of humans and animals.

Will there be any charms that will help Lunars impersonate dragonblooded dynasts?

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post

Will there be any charms that will help Lunars impersonate dragonblooded dynasts?
                              Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is Shimmering Heat-Mirage Tactic going to be one of the DB charms that gets a revision before final? It's extremely fragile and in a way that's completely out of the player's control. Maybe if it was reflexive the extra 2i cost might be worth it for having a chance of being more efficient than the dodge excellency, but with also being a Simple charm that requires wasting a whole round to set up it seems just terrible. The one opportunity I've had to use it so far, I forgot to turn it on but that turned out to be for the better because, even in fire aura, it would have been stripped immediately by an attack from a battle group of low-skill cultists that didn't remotely threaten my character's unaugmented Evasion.
                                ...for that matter, it's not really clear whether the no-1's/no-1's-and-a-10 condition kills the Charm before or after the attack is resolved. It seems like it implies before, which makes it even more of a fool's gamble.
                                Last edited by squidheadjax; 09-14-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X