Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will lunar's get charms that enhance the five senses specifically? Like what the Keen (Sense) solar charms do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Yep. 10char
      Will it be possible to take the forms of mutated humans and animals?

Comment

• Assuming that future splat book Kickstarters have the various “add a charm or artifact to the companion book” levels, would it cause problems if backers at that level submitted a fully realized charm or artifact that they had written instead of just an idea?

What if they had already posted said charm or artifact to the internet (or Storyteller’s Vault)? Would that be a different issue?

Comment

• Is it possible we will get more info on the storm demon Yan in heirs of the shogunate? (Yan is ledaal kebok coren's demon grandpa)
          Also is there a connection between Yan and the Storm Demoness Akavadra? (Inside Stormcaller)

Comment

• Some more Lunar questions:

Can you cast spells when in the form of an animal? If not generally, what about an animal with hands and stuff (like a monkey or something)?

You've said Lunars are going to choose 2 caste attributes and 2 favoured attributes (which I think is a really good idea). How many favoured attributes will Casteless Lunars have?
            Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 09-14-2018, 09:34 AM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
              Can you cast spells when in the form of an animal?
              Yep. This ain't D&D.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                Is it possible we will get more info on the storm demon Yan in heirs of the shogunate? (Yan is ledaal kebok coren's demon grandpa)
                It's not impossible.

Also is there a connection between Yan and the Storm Demoness Akavadra? (Inside Stormcaller)
                Undetermined.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                  Assuming that future splat book Kickstarters have the various “add a charm or artifact to the companion book” levels, would it cause problems if backers at that level submitted a fully realized charm or artifact that they had written instead of just an idea?

What if they had already posted said charm or artifact to the internet (or Storyteller’s Vault)? Would that be a different issue?
                  It's likely that the submitted Charm/artifact would undergo edits and revisions, but beyond that, it's not an issue.

I'm not sufficiently familiar with the Storyteller's Vault's terms of use to speak authoritatively on it. I'd have to ask.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Will it be possible to take the forms of mutated humans and animals?
                    Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Will lunar's get charms that enhance the five senses specifically? Like what the Keen (Sense) solar charms do?
                      Nah, their sensory enhancement Charms go their own way.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So this turned into a debate in my game last night. A Solar flying with evocations is fueling a storm god who is also flying. The storm god wants the fight to move upwards towards the storm clouds above, while the Solar wants to move the fight towards the ground below. Neither is actually wanting to disengage and increase the distance to one another. Any advice on how to resolve it?

Comment

Yep. This ain't D&D.
                          I'm pleasantly surprised. And tempted to fight in the form of a small animal to get that +2 Evasion bonus from the Tiny merit while casting spells...

It was mentioned that Lunars have an instinctual understanding that they've found their Solar mate, when they meet them.

Do they have an instinctual understanding of how to do the sacred hunt, and that they can gain forms by eating hearts?

But I think the most important question of all, when it comes to Lunars is this:
                          Does Dog-Tongue Method still exist?
                          Is it still called Dog-Tongue Method?
                          Is there a mechanical bonus for players if they bark like a dog, meow like a cat, etc, when using the charm?
                          How many charms in the Lunars book include the word "Puppy" in the title?
                          Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 09-14-2018, 10:30 AM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

No. Lunars can only take the heart's blood of humans and animals.
                            Could Evocations fill in this gap in ability?

Comment

• EDIT: Whoops, I missed this quote before I posted, Sorry!

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              With that, I think I'm gonna call a moratorium on Lunar dice cap questions for the time being. Once y'all have the actual rules for shapeshifting and Lunar dice caps, pretty much everything should be clear, at least, based on playtester feedback.
                              Last edited by armyofwhispers; 09-14-2018, 11:05 AM.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Originally posted by Therian View Post
                                So this turned into a debate in my game last night. A Solar flying with evocations is fueling a storm god who is also flying. The storm god wants the fight to move upwards towards the storm clouds above, while the Solar wants to move the fight towards the ground below. Neither is actually wanting to disengage and increase the distance to one another. Any advice on how to resolve it?
                                Without specific magic or extrinsic means of motivation, there's no way to compel an enemy to follow you.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X