This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    Do they have an instinctual understanding of how to do the sacred hunt, and that they can gain forms by eating hearts?
    More or less. If you want your backstory to have Luna showing you how to perform the sacred hunt, or a First Age flashback that shows it to you, you can do that, but it's not something you'll need a tutor to learn.

But I think the most important question of all, when it comes to Lunars is this:
    Does Dog-Tongue Method still exist?
    Is it still called Dog-Tongue Method?
    Is there a mechanical bonus for players if they bark like a dog, meow like a cat, etc, when using the charm?
    There's a comparable effect, but it's not really the same. Different name, different Attribute.

How many charms in the Lunars book include the word "Puppy" in the title?
    None. Lunars are red in tooth and claw, not cutesy.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
      Could Evocations fill in this gap in ability?
      I'd advise against circumventing that limitation, as it's there for a specific reason, but if you're the Storyteller, then how do I plan to stop you?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        I'd advise against circumventing that limitation, as it's there for a specific reason, but if you're the Storyteller, then how do I plan to stop you?
        Huh; when I read the question, I assumed it referred to an Artifact that could give you a specific transformation ala the armour that you can turn into a dragon with.

If the person was talking about something to generally acquire spirit shapes... That would be a bit excessive for a single Artifact anyway, wouldn't it?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Was my question about Shimmering Heat Mirage Tactic missed because it was at the bottom of a page, or ignored because it was too complain-y?

Comment

• Using Solar teaching charms can a Solar teach a person who was blind from birth what a specific color looks like?

Comment

• Quick question:
              Is it though if the Abyssal Exalted will have a charm similar to Wyld-Shaping Technique but that can only be used on the Underworld, as Second Edition had?

Comment

• If a character lower in the initiative clashes your character and crashes yours, and an initiative shift occurs, do they get to make two follow up attacks? One on the turn of the clash when the shift occurs, and again because they're now at the top of the initiative tracker.

Comment

• Could one theoretically use a skycutter as an improvised melee weapon? Or could a specialty allow it to be used as a regular one?

Comment

• Heh, I just realized with Lunars only able to take human or animal shape, a very paranoid DB could have a place entirely staffed by Elementals or Demons if he wants to be sure his servants won't suddenly eat his heart. Is that something careful DBs do in the setting? Are there other counter-measures the Realm has taken against such? Or are Lunar infiltrators too rare for Dynasts to take any huge precautions beyond normal personal security?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                    Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                    Some Lintha QCs
                    A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
                      Heh, I just realized with Lunars only able to take human or animal shape, a very paranoid DB could have a place entirely staffed by Elementals or Demons if he wants to be sure his servants won't suddenly eat his heart. Is that something careful DBs do in the setting?
                      That's the kind of thing a sorcerer could do. Of course, cutting out human contact and surrounding yourself with enslaved monsters is the sort of thing that's why the Realm has such a stigma against sorcerers.

And, of course, just because a Lunar can't shapeshift into a demon doesn't mean she can't disguise herself as one.

Are there other counter-measures the Realm has taken against such?
                      Yep.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                        Could one theoretically use a skycutter as an improvised melee weapon?
                        Sure, the same way you could chuck a daiklave as an improvised Thrown weapon.

Or could a specialty allow it to be used as a regular one?
                        Specialties do not work that way.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If the behemoths and the giant angel that rules a small island in the wyld from thousand devils were demons, what circle would they belong?

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
                            If a character lower in the initiative clashes your character and crashes yours, and an initiative shift occurs, do they get to make two follow up attacks? One on the turn of the clash when the shift occurs, and again because they're now at the top of the initiative tracker.
                            Initiative shifting gives you a free attack. If you'd normally get an attack in addition to that, you still get it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerinome View Post
                              Quick question:
                              Is it though if the Abyssal Exalted will have a charm similar to Wyld-Shaping Technique but that can only be used on the Underworld, as Second Edition had?
                              Undetermined.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Would y'all be willing to pass along my personal thanks to whoever wrote Five Edicts Dominion, for me?

Comment

Working...
                                X