Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been established that Lunars a) can take the shapes of Wyld-altered animals, and b) can only take the shapes of animals and people, not things like creatures of living shadow or sunlight. My question is, where is the line drawn? After all, the Wyld can cause all sorts of alterations.

Comment

• Can a Lunar's spirit shape change? Like not to a different animal, but different stages of life for a single animal. For instance, if your spirit shape is that of a deer, could you have a young deer with spots to start out with and then a mature deer later? Would your pelt change with the season like other deer? What about something like a butterfly spirit shape? Can you have a caterpillar shape at one point and a butterfly later? Or if you have a caterpillar shape do you always have that, no matter the season? Same with frog/tadpole etc. Or is your spirit shape always gonna be an adult version of the animal and something like a tadpole would be invalid as a choice?

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
        It's been established that Lunars a) can take the shapes of Wyld-altered animals, and b) can only take the shapes of animals and people, not things like creatures of living shadow or sunlight. My question is, where is the line drawn? After all, the Wyld can cause all sorts of alterations.
        There's a sidebar on the topic.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I understand this is jumping the gun, what with Lunars not even Kickstarting yet, but could we get an example of the creation process for Charms of a hypothetical Exigent as a Blog post?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            Four. Two of them have already been mentioned in the core; two haven't.
            Chosen of Masks and Chosen of the Seals? Because I would be overjoyed.

Comment

• I think it’s safe to assume that Architects are going to be one of the two we’ve heard of, since that’s a whole category of potential PCs they’d be capable of modeling at once.

Are you planning one way or the other yet on whether to have more example Exigents as stretchgoals for a built companion (assuming the Exigents book has a kickstarter)?
              Last edited by glamourweaver; 09-19-2018, 07:09 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                Are you planning one way or the other yet on whether to have more example Exigents as stretchgoals for a built companion (assuming the Exigents book has a kickstarter)?
                I'd very much like to do that if we can make it work. It's tricky because we've been doing stretch goal material in 5,000-word chunks, and that won't take an Exigent very far; we'll need to have much beefier stretch goals, which means fewer goals that are more widely spaced.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

I'd very much like to do that if we can make it work. It's tricky because we've been doing stretch goal material in 5,000-word chunks, and that won't take an Exigent very far; we'll need to have much beefier stretch goals, which means fewer goals that are more widely spaced.
                  I guess I'm having a little trouble visualizing a 5,000 word chunk. Are there any sections of the existing books that are a 5,000 word chunk that you could give as an example?

Comment

• Here is something I can't quite find anywhere. When using martial arts, for the charms that have the Form Charm as a prerequisite. does the form charm have to be active in order to use those charms?

Comment

• wrong thread
                      Last edited by Greyman; 09-20-2018, 07:28 AM. Reason: Opps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fizzlemeyer View Post
                        Here is something I can't quite find anywhere. When using martial arts, for the charms that have the Form Charm as a prerequisite. does the form charm have to be active in order to use those charms?
                        No. frew4rq33

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• nothing to see here, folks

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Immaculate styles are improved in effectiveness to a greater or lesser extent by Auras. Which is very cool! Will Sidereals, in your view, potentially have a way to "unlock" these extra effects despite not being able to generate Auras? Or is this a case of the Immaculate styles being truly only masterable by the Dragon-Blooded?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solar View Post
                              Immaculate styles are improved in effectiveness to a greater or lesser extent by Auras. Which is very cool! Will Sidereals, in your view, potentially have a way to "unlock" these extra effects despite not being able to generate Auras? Or is this a case of the Immaculate styles being truly only masterable by the Dragon-Blooded?
                              You've got to have an Elemental Aura to attain those benefits.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• On the topic of martial arts and Sidereals, while Mastery is a Solar thing I think I recall one of you saying Sids wouls have some manner to use them. Not asking for rules summary since I doubt you're even close to there yet being neck deep in the Lunard, but as a rule of thumb how casual would you suggest making access to that as a stopgap if one uses a Sid in their home games and fills the void of their charmset with martial arts and a few homebrew updates of classic charms?

I was inclined to just give Mastery to them straight and due to their inferior excellency to the might Solar dice spam let that be the thing that edges the Solars out as masters of all human arts while still giving a master of martial arts nod to the Sids.

You know, if it ever matters in the next year or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X