This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reposting a series of questions that appear to have been missed:

One of my prospective players is confused about certain Charms (he's the source for some of my recent questions).

​1) Can Ebon Shadow Form's Reflexive activation be used after winning a Join Battle Roll using Blinding Battle Feint?

2) Is the intended effect of Perfect Shadow Stillness simply that you throw the dice, scoop up all the non-10's, roll those dice again, and then count successes? (The reroll wording is why, since it's reflexive, it was thought that perhaps you could activate it after a roll).

3) If the answer to #1 above is Yes, do I need to declare (and pay for) the activation of Ebon Shadow Form before I roll Join Battle? (My assumption is no, as it is a Reflexively triggered SIMPLE action, and Charms looking to other Charm-laden actions look to the final action, per the second paragraph under Order of Operations on pg 252).

4) For Iron Skin Concentration, does the 2m Activation add Stamina Soak against the Overwhelming (or other unsoakable Withering Damage)? (For example, if an Exalt with 12 Soak and 5 Stamina is hit by a 14 Raw Damage Withering attack with Overwhelming 5 and uses Iron Skin Concentration, is the effect 0 damage dice (Stamina against the 5 Overwhelming Damage) or 2 damage dice (Total Soak, including Natural Soak, applied against the full attack and the effective Overwhelming is reduced, but not negated unless the attack's raw damage is less than Soak?

5) If an infiltrator, who has Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise active (disguised as a servant) and Easily Overlooked Presence Method, carrying a missive written using Moving the Unseen Hand with the effect that the missive is assumed to be from a hierarchical superior, is stopped by a suspicious guard at a checkpoint, I assume the following effects occur:
    a) The guard, a normal human, cannot see through the disguise, per FID.
    b) EOPM does nothing, as its a checkpoint.
    c) The missive, assuming it has an effect similar to "This person is working under my orders and is not to be interfered with" and has sufficient successes to overcome the Resolve of the guard, would allow the infiltrator to pass without question
    d) The MtUH missive is still active (assuming the charm user has kept the motes committed) and could be used at another checkpoint, if encountered.

Is this all correct?

Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by warlook View Post
      "Soul-Bracing Momentous Power" can be used in a combo with "Memory-Reweaving Discipline" or "Twisted Words Technique"?
      Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Yes, assuming she rolls Performance for Twisted Words Technique.
      Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      If you want to free someone else from Memory-Reweaving Discipline, you need to destroy the Intimacy it instills in them. If you want to free someone else from Twisted Words Technique, you need to use the rules for overturning social influence, and they have to pay the Willpower cost.
      Just for sure
      Both "Soul-Bracing Momentous Power" and "Memory-Reweaving Discipline" have different rules to broke it's effect. "Soul" require that you pay 3 willpower in essence diferente days before you can overcome the influence while "Memory" i have to present evidence that what he belives is wrong.
      So, if both of them are use in a combo and i want to free someone from this influence, can i overcome the effect of "Memory" before the effect of "Soul" is broken?
      Last edited by warlook; 04-28-2017, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• So, totally selfish question: my players are fighting a deathlord sometime in the next week-and-a-half - the capstone to a five-semester-long Ex3 game. I know the original plan was for Antagonists/Bestiary to make an appearance in April. Any chance that's still true, or, like, sneak-peakable?

Definitely understand reasons to answer "No," but just thought I'd check.

Homebrew: Lunar Charms for 3e

Solar Charm Rewrite (Complete) (Now with Charm cards!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          Yeah. In addition to protecting you from environmental hazards, it makes being underwater a non-issue.

Flowing Mind Prana and Selfsame Master Instructor don't place any limitation on how many Attributes or Abilities you can raise other than the XP cost.

They give me a bit of a headache. Solar XP spent on Flowing Mind Prana should be refunded as Solar XP, but that requires fairly scrupulous book-keeping.

Using craft XP to fuel Flowing Mind Prana definitely shouldn't reward you experience points. I'd let it refund the craft points you spent at the same rate.

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

• "Wound-Knitting Exercise" can heal temporary -0 health levels create by charms like "Living Bonds Unburdened" or "Iron Skin Concentration"?

Comment

• In arms of the chosen are there any examples of Artifact cooking or alchemy?

Comment

• I just read the first Exalted Antagonist release for Harrowing Silence and really liked how complete it feels, can we expect the format of her stat line to be the one we see in future books like What Fire Has Wrought? or is giving the full stats something that is only happening for the Antagonist Book?

Comment

• Whats a good source material for sorcery and first age artifacts?

Comment

• Signature characters!

The sig Solar circle was changed out for 3E. Will the same be done for the Dragonblood book this time around, or keeping the original set? Any ideas for the future books?

Comment

• Originally posted by Skeptic Tank View Post
                      The sig Solar circle was changed out for 3E. Will the same be done for the Dragonblood book this time around, or keeping the original set? Any ideas for the future books?
                      The original 1e Dragon-Blooded signature characters will still exist in the setting; most or all will appear in upcoming books. But we are writing a new set of signature characters for Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought. We have not made any firm decisions regarding later hardbacks as yet, but we are likely to follow the same pattern.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                        But we are writing a new set of signature characters for Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought. We have not made any firm decisions regarding later hardbacks as yet, but we are likely to follow the same pattern.
                        I'm definitely excited.

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• As long as I get Ledaal "dreamboat" Kes smirking in something dashing.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• If you land a grapple attack roll with Brawl, could you make follow up savaging attacks with Martial Arts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                              The original 1e Dragon-Blooded signature characters will still exist in the setting; most or all will appear in upcoming books. But we are writing a new set of signature characters for Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought. We have not made any firm decisions regarding later hardbacks as yet, but we are likely to follow the same pattern.
                              Can you tell us anything about the new DB sigs?

Comment

• Black Claw Question

​Just last night there was a fight in my game between 7 of my players and a bunch of demons. My Eclipse is a Black Claw Stylist and he spent the first round entering Black Claw Form while being defended by one of the Dawn's, and then when attacked later in the round counterattacking with Torn Lotus Defense after narrowly dodging a demons claws. His influence roll beat the Resolve of all the demons and with Black Claw form up was allowed to apply it to all the enemies in the room, which at the time numbered 6. They all developed odd and twisted positive emotions for him at the minor level. The next turn he made a withering attack on his action, but then successfully evaded again and once more used Torn Lotus Defense. His influence roll exceeded all the demons Resolves and so each took 4 unsoakable withering damage, AND he crashed 3 of them as his teammates had spent rounds battering them down. As best we could figure out this gave him 39 initiative from that counterattack. 6 demons * 4 (his manipulation) initiative damage each = 24, plus 3 crash bonuses from 3 different targets. This seems ludicrously powerful and I feel like I must have missed something in how this is supposed to work. The rest of Black Claw has always worked fine for us, but I want to make sure I am running this correctly as it seems nuts.

​Also even ignoring the rather fortuitous set up to gain the crash bonuses the rest of it is very repeatable.

Thanks as always

Comment

Working...
                                X