This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    You've got to have an Elemental Aura to attain those benefits.
    Might a Fire Elemental effectively have a Fire Aura?

Could a River God effectively have a Water Aura?

What about demons heavily tied to elements, like storm demons or Ligier (as a giant ball of green fire)?
    Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 09-20-2018, 10:59 AM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

Might a Fire Elemental effectively have a Fire Aura?

Could a River God effectively have a Water Aura?

What about demons heavily tied to elements, like storm demons or Ligier (as a giant ball of green fire)?
      Nope. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will Fangs at the Gate have any moonsilver armours or other non-weapon artefacts?

All the Jade artefacts in What Fire Has Wrought were weapons, but you had to do 8 martial arts styles instead of five, and 11 artefact weapons (one for each house), so I wasn't sure if a lack of jade armour was a deliberative choice, or just lack of word count.

Also... are there any moonsilver Daiklaives or Short Daiklaives in it? Many, or just a couple? I mean, as opposed to moonsilver Flamepieces*, Goremauls, Skycutters, Grimcleavers, bolases made of the skulls of your enemies dipped in moonsilver, fangs of behemoths carved in moonsilver runes, prosthetic moonsilver sets of tentacles that replace your arm, moonsilver claw-caps, etc.

And are there any artefact weapons or armour... that aren't moonsilver at all?

*I think you previously mentioned there was a Moonsilver Flamepiece in it.
        Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 09-20-2018, 02:59 PM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Ok, so only Incarna-level beings or Gods gifted with the Exigence can create Exalted. Is it possible for some entity (of undiscerned composition) to create/empower an Exalted-like being? Physical, essentially mortal, Charms and Excellencies and what-all, but no Exaltation to speak of?

(and yes, as I'm writing this I realize I may have more-or-less described the Liminals, but still...)

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
            Ok, so only Incarna-level beings or Gods gifted with the Exigence can create Exalted. Is it possible for some entity (of undiscerned composition) to create/empower an Exalted-like being? Physical, essentially mortal, Charms and Excellencies and what-all, but no Exaltation to speak of?

(and yes, as I'm writing this I realize I may have more-or-less described the Liminals, but still...)
            It's possible to empower people in all sorts of strange ways, but that's not going to let you get Exalted-in-all-but-name.

You don't have to be a god to create Exalted, incidentally. Just to use the Exigence.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
              Will Fangs at the Gate have any moonsilver armours or other non-weapon artefacts
              Yes to both.

And are there any artefact weapons or armour... that aren't moonsilver at all?
              Nah. Want to focus on the Lunars' signature material.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Ninja'd by Vance.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Given that the Blessed Isle is turning into something of an armed camp, are there any places on the Blessed Isle where a dynast from any house could walk down the street without worrying that they’re going to get jumped or challenged to a duel or whatever?

Similarly, if two Houses hate each other, how much of a problem should that be for two DB PCs from those houses in the same group? Can a Mnemon and a V’Neef, for example, form a Hearth together (or, heavens forbid, tell their parents that they want to get married) without ruining their lives or their standing with their houses?

Comment

It's possible to empower people in all sorts of strange ways, but that's not going to let you get Exalted-in-all-but-name.

You don't have to be a god to create Exalted, incidentally. Just to use the Exigence.
                    If not a god, I assume that you’d still need to be of a similar power level to the Incarna to create your own Exalted, right?

So, like a Yozi, Third Circle Demon, Greater Elemental Dragon, that sort of thing?

Could an Unshaped or Ishvara theoretically qualify as powerful enough, assuming they even existed in 3e?

Is it possible for a ghost to become sufficiently powerful to create their own Exalted?

Is it only spirits that can create Exalted? What about a material being, like a powerful behemoth or other difficult to classify entity?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                      If not a god, I assume that you’d still need to be of a similar power level to the Incarna to create your own Exalted, right?

So, like a Yozi, Third Circle Demon, Greater Elemental Dragon, that sort of thing?
                      You'd need to be at the same height of numinous power as an Incarnae. I don't think Third Circle Demons make it.

Could an Unshaped or Ishvara theoretically qualify as powerful enough, assuming they even existed in 3e?

Is it possible for a ghost to become sufficiently powerful to create their own Exalted?

Is it only spirits that can create Exalted? What about a material being, like a powerful behemoth or other difficult to classify entity?
                      "What you are" isn't the be-all, end-all determiner.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I don't think Third Circle Demons make it.
                        Does it make sense for any Third Circle Demons to be Essence 10?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

Does it make sense for any Third Circle Demons to be Essence 10?
                          I think reasonable minds could differ on that point.

Note that "the same height of numinous divinity as an Incarna" ≠ Essence 10. It's something that dots and numbers can't capture.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is there some sort of weapon (mundane or artifacts) that employs piercing unarmed style pressure point strikes? Sort of like how tiger claws are similar to claw strike unarmed attacks. Asking for a friend...

Comment

I think reasonable minds could differ on that point.

Note that "the same height of numinous divinity as an Incarna" ≠ Essence 10. It's something that dots and numbers can't capture.
                              What does numinous divinity even mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpharius View Post

What does numinous divinity even mean?
                                Oof, asking the big questions there.

Comment

Working...
                                X