X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Ghost-Eating Techniques spirit killing effect apply to each attack made with Iron Whirlwind Attack?

Comment

• For the purposes of the decisive damage limitation of human-sized opponents against creatures of Legendary Size, does combat sorcery fell within those limitations? If I attack a giant kraken with Unslakeable Thirst of the Devil Maw, is my damage limited to 3+Strength still? For some reason I was under the impression that sorcery circumvents this somehow, but I can't find it stated in a book so I might be off-base.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
      I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
        For the purposes of the decisive damage limitation of human-sized opponents against creatures of Legendary Size, does combat sorcery fell within those limitations? If I attack a giant kraken with Unslakeable Thirst of the Devil Maw, is my damage limited to 3+Strength still? For some reason I was under the impression that sorcery circumvents this somehow, but I can't find it stated in a book so I might be off-base.
        It's still subject to the limit, although the Storyteller might let you sub out a different Attribute for Strength.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
          Does Ghost-Eating Techniques spirit killing effect apply to each attack made with Iron Whirlwind Attack?
          Yeah, it's an attack-enhancing Charm.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

What’s the reason for that? I find it strange that you can use Charms as an animal but not learn animal Charms.
            Mostly mechanical balance.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
              Yet another Lunar shapeshifting question (if you're sick of these, I apologize. :-) ). If a Lunar takes the form of someone with a prosthetic of some sort - say, a wooden leg, or a glass eye - does the stolen form get the prosthetic "naturally"? Do they have to use something like 2e's Changing Plumage Mastery to duplicate it? Or do they just have to do their best to make a reasonable facsimile themselves?

I assume, if the answer is either of the first two, that an artifact prosthetic (like Arete from Arms of the Chosen, for instance) would perhaps have its visual appearance and form copied, but no supernatural powers would be copied?
              I don't think you'd manifest their prosthetics, any more than you'd manifest their pants.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If I have 2 initiative and a Battle Group damages me for 5, do I end up at 0 initiative and 3 damage, or do I end up at -3 initiative and I only get damage on the next attack after I'm crashed?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                  If I have 2 initiative and a Battle Group damages me for 5, do I end up at 0 initiative and 3 damage, or do I end up at -3 initiative and I only get damage on the next attack after I'm crashed?
                  I'd think the latter, although the text doesn't strictly preclude either option.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What will be the advantages of the spirit shape compared to animals obtained through the sacred hunt?
                    Last edited by Sakii; 09-23-2018, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• If a Lunar steals a Sorcerer's form, can they use said form to command said Sorcerer's demons?

What about using said form to fool a Familiar?

Comment

• Is there a Protean Charm that penalizes attacks against you if you're wearing the face of someone your attacker loves?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Is the eye of autochthon made of one of the six magical materials or something stranger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                            What will be the advantages of the spirit shape compared to animals obtained through the sacred hunt?
                            You don't have to perform a sacred hunt to get it, and it's what Totemic Charms key off of, potentially letting you learn them through different Attributes than normal. Picking your spirit shape deliberately isn't a choice that has big impactful implications in terms of character optimization; I want people to freely pick whatever animal best suits their character without having to worry about whether that's gonna make them over/under-powered.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                              If a Lunar steals a Sorcerer's form, can they use said form to command said Sorcerer's demons?

What about using said form to fool a Familiar?
                              No more so than a Solar with Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise could.

(which is really to say, it's up to the Storyteller to determine whether that's a totally mystical bond that can't be spoofed at all, or whether there's some wiggle room)

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
                                Is the eye of autochthon made of one of the six magical materials or something stranger?
                                It hasn't been specified in Third Edition.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X