This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
    If a mortal character takes the sorcerer merit at character gen, then exalts later. Do they automatically gain the terrestrial circle sorcery charm?
    If yes, does this for some reason refund the merit dots to the character?
    I don't think it should either way, but one of my players argued the subject.
    They should take Terrestrial Circle Sorcery with their starting Charms, and get a refund on the Merit.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      They should take Terrestrial Circle Sorcery with their starting Charms, and get a refund on the Merit.
      Would they still get the bonus spell that comes with taking Sorcery as a charm?

Comment

• Can Blazing Phoenix Pinion be used with flame discharges, or arrows only?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Will Across the Eight Directions include a copy of the map of Creation, along with explanations of the various text on the map? There’s three pages worth of text that’s too small to read along with the various symbols near some locations that I’ve been wondering about ever since I first saw the final version of the map.

If the map key and notes aren’t going to be in Across the Eight Directions, do you think you’re likely to publish a version of the map that includes them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
            Can Blazing Phoenix Pinion be used with flame discharges, or arrows only?
            It's compatible with all Archery weapons, like Archery Charms generally are.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

Would they still get the bonus spell that comes with taking Sorcery as a charm?
              In theory yes, although in practice that's just gonna boil down to a refund on the cost of their first spell.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How are shaping rituals learned outside of sorcery Charm purchases? Is there an experience point cost, or is it purely a matter of storytelling?

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                  How are shaping rituals learned outside of sorcery Charm purchases? Is there an experience point cost, or is it purely a matter of storytelling?
                  Currently, there's no concrete rules detailing that, other than those for crafting sorcerous relics. I'd recommend that any non-relic routes for unlocking a shaping ritual be commensurate in terms of difficulty to achieve and the investment required.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Currently, there's no concrete rules detailing that, other than those for crafting sorcerous relics. I'd recommend that any non-relic routes for unlocking a shaping ritual be commensurate in terms of difficulty to achieve and the investment required.
                    Do you think that could include a more abstract cost, such as the moral toll of learning the ways of Mara?

Can Exalted, especially Celestial Exalted, readily become the patrons of sorcery initiations in a similar manner to the likes of jinn and Mara? Would it be excessive for that to provide its own brand of supernatural Merits?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

Do you think that could include a more abstract cost, such as the moral toll of learning the ways of Mara?
                      We'll likely touch on that in a book addressing sorcery.

Can Exalted, especially Celestial Exalted, readily become the patrons of sorcery initiations in a similar manner to the likes of jinn and Mara? Would it be excessive for that to provide its own brand of supernatural Merits?
                      A master sorcerer could.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• At what level of power a spirit shoud be to have this powers:
                        1- A merit like the one the neomah has where it treats everyone as having a minor tie of lust, but instead having a defining tie.
                        2- A charm that makes that everyone adores her. Where the spirit enters a mortal court and the king gives its crown and the populace becomes wildly fanatic and would gladly kill or die for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                          At what level of power a spirit shoud be to have this powers:
                          1- A merit like the one the neomah has where it treats everyone as having a minor tie of lust, but instead having a defining tie.
                          That's basically letting you bypass most of the social influence system. I wouldn't let anyone have that.

2- A charm that makes that everyone adores her. Where the spirit enters a mortal court and the king gives its crown and the populace becomes wildly fanatic and would gladly kill or die for it.
                          Depends on to what extent it engages with the social influence system.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

It doesn't overcome the damage limit just because it's a spell. The Storyteller might let you swap out Intelligence for Strength.
                            What if you cast the spell while piloting a war strider?

Or does the war strider need an Evocation to offer such a boost to spell casting?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

What if you cast the spell while piloting a war strider?

Or does the war strider need an Evocation to offer such a boost to spell casting?
                              The benefits of Legendary Size will apply to spells you cast.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can Lunars use Sorcery while in animal form?

Comment

Working...
                                X