Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I asked Vance earlier, and he said "Yes, this ain't DnD."


    "Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
      Will Across the Eight Directions include a copy of the map of Creation, along with explanations of the various text on the map? There’s three pages worth of text that’s too small to read along with the various symbols near some locations that I’ve been wondering about ever since I first saw the final version of the map.

      If the map key and notes aren’t going to be in Across the Eight Directions, do you think you’re likely to publish a version of the map that includes them?
      We're hoping to do some neat map stuff with Across the Eight Directions, but I don't want to go into detail until we have confirmation from the art director.


      Developer for Exalted.

      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

      Comment


      • So the Necharan Matchmaker entry has me wondering some things. Clearly, being descended from Lunars gives mortals some oomf, even if they don't get charms, since Nechara is threatened by a nation of Lunar offspring. I seem to recall that Solar children also get a significant (but still reasonable) upgrade over regular mortals; is that correct?

        Also, nothing in Nechara's write-up in the Core says that they're Immaculate or anti-Anathema. Could the House of Red Birds be convinced to accept an openly Solar or Lunar suitor? Understanding, of course, that it could draw the ire of Immaculate neighbors and the Realm or Lookshy.


        Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

        Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
          So the Necharan Matchmaker entry has me wondering some things. Clearly, being descended from Lunars gives mortals some oomf, even if they don't get charms, since Nechara is threatened by a nation of Lunar offspring. I seem to recall that Solar children also get a significant (but still reasonable) upgrade over regular mortals; is that correct?
          The children of Celestial Exalted are pretty much the same as god-blooded as far as power goes (i.e., the vast majority of them just have a couple supernatural merits or something; the rare few at the high end might have Charms or similarly impressive powers).


          Developer for Exalted

          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

          Robert Vance's Patreon

          Comment


          • When STing "God-Kings of Lotus," what was up with that Genie-of-the-Lamp-style raksha?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
              When STing "God-Kings of Lotus," what was up with that Genie-of-the-Lamp-style raksha?
              All the wish-grantings were illusions, although I'm not sure that ever really got revealed explicitly in play.


              Developer for Exalted

              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

              Robert Vance's Patreon

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                The children of Celestial Exalted are pretty much the same as god-blooded as far as power goes (i.e., the vast majority of them just have a couple supernatural merits or something; the rare few at the high end might have Charms or similarly impressive powers).
                For those few God-Blooded who are powerful enough to get actual charms, what sort of general “power level” should we be trying for? Spirit charms? DB charms?


                ....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

                  For those few God-Blooded who are powerful enough to get actual charms, what sort of general “power level” should we be trying for? Spirit charms? DB charms?
                  God-blooded are overall weaker than Dragon-Blooded.


                  Developer for Exalted

                  Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                  Robert Vance's Patreon

                  Comment


                  • I assume the published Essence 3 God-Blood, Fivefold Masks and Lies, is supposed to represent something towards the upper end of God-Bloods?

                    And the two charms they have are the kind of power-level you might expect a powerful (but not the most powerful) God-Blood to have?

                    (In this case a good but limited dice-adder, and a fun charm that's pretty good at something quite limited to the God-parent's purview. They look to me to be the sort of thing I might expect on a mid-ranking spirit, such as Fivefold Mask's father, which presumably is the point.)


                    "Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                      I assume the published Essence 3 God-Blood, Fivefold Masks and Lies, is supposed to represent something towards the upper end of God-Bloods?

                      And the two charms they have are the kind of power-level you might expect a powerful (but not the most powerful) God-Blood to have?

                      (In this case a good but limited dice-adder, and a fun charm that's pretty good at something quite limited to the God-parent's purview. They look to me to be the sort of thing I might expect on a mid-ranking spirit, such as Fivefold Mask's father, which presumably is the point.)
                      Fivefold Masks and Lies is definitely on the upper-end of god-blooded power, but keep in mind that they were written first and foremost to be a fun, usable antagonist, rather than as an advanced prognostication of god-blooded rules to come.


                      Developer for Exalted

                      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                      Robert Vance's Patreon

                      Comment


                      • Sure, fair enough. I assume a god-blood PC with hundreds of XP could have more than 2 charms, but giving antagonists 20 charms (whether strong or weak) is confusing for an NPC you're running for a couple of sessions, and that's why the NPCs in Adversaries of the Righteous tend not to have loads of charms.


                        "Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

                        Comment


                        • How would you actually reset the clash effect of Shadow Wind Slash? If you can only do it by damaging an opponent with Steel Storm Descending we’re not sure how that would work.

                          Comment


                          • What would be the level of a working to read the future?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                              What would be the level of a working to read the future?
                              It depends on what exactly you're doing and what kind of info you're getting. I think Celestial would probably be the minimum, although I think maybe there's some stuff a Storyteller might allow at the Terrestrial level.


                              Developer for Exalted

                              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                              Robert Vance's Patreon

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Therian View Post
                                How would you actually reset the clash effect of Shadow Wind Slash? If you can only do it by damaging an opponent with Steel Storm Descending we’re not sure how that would work.
                                Hmm, that's an odd reset (not least because Steel Storm Descending isn't even a prerequisite of Shadow Wind Slash). I think that might be an artifact of the editing and revision process—it's not impossible that it would come up, but it's extraordinarily unlikely. Storytellers may want to allow a different reset condition.


                                Developer for Exalted

                                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                                Robert Vance's Patreon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X