Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Fangs at the Gate have any sort of “Here’s roughly the deal with Essence 6+ Exalted Charms” sidebar or anything or is it just going to throw whatever Raksi, Suchi, & co. have at us with no context?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
      Will Fangs at the Gate have any sort of “Here’s roughly the deal with Essence 6+ Exalted Charms” sidebar or anything or is it just going to throw whatever Raksi, Suchi, & co. have at us with no context?
      There is a plan, but right now it's still subject enough to change in the development process that I'd rather not discuss it publicly, in case we end up not doing that.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is it safe to assume Eclipse look alikes will have the oaths ability, or is that more amorphous?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
          Is it safe to assume Eclipse look alikes will have the oaths ability, or is that more amorphous?
          It's probable, but not a sure thing.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can an artifact exist that enhances unarmed strikes without being a brawl-based weapon (EG. Tiger Claws), granting them Evocations, artifact-scale damage, etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
              Can an artifact exist that enhances unarmed strikes without being a brawl-based weapon (EG. Tiger Claws), granting them Evocations, artifact-scale damage, etc?
              No. The lack of an artifact equivalent to unarmed attacks is a deliberate trade-off for martial artists that want to combine a half-dozen different styles.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                No. The lack of an artifact equivalent to unarmed attacks is a deliberate trade-off for martial artists that want to combine a half-dozen different styles.
                Could Silk Armor be used to gain evocations that play in the arena of doing things that help martial artists offensively?

Comment

• A funny little thought:

As written, if a grappler wins the control roll, they are in control of the grapple. If they lose, the victim escapes the grapple on their turn.

Mantis style has a charm that allows the stylist to reflexively clash an attack with a grapple. Suppose the stylist successfully clashes the attack, but loses the control roll,

It is not the victim's turn, so they haven't escaped. They are in a grapple with zero rounds of control, which may or may not matter because the mantis stylist isn't in control of it anyway. It is the Mantis Stylist's turn. What happens?

Can you throw someone for zero additional dice of damage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Amayad View Post
                    A funny little thought:

As written, if a grappler wins the control roll, they are in control of the grapple. If they lose, the victim escapes the grapple on their turn.

Mantis style has a charm that allows the stylist to reflexively clash an attack with a grapple. Suppose the stylist successfully clashes the attack, but loses the control roll,

It is not the victim's turn, so they haven't escaped. They are in a grapple with zero rounds of control, which may or may not matter because the mantis stylist isn't in control of it anyway. It is the Mantis Stylist's turn. What happens?

Can you throw someone for zero additional dice of damage?
                    They can take a normal grapple action.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by MorsRattus View Post

Could Silk Armor be used to gain evocations that play in the arena of doing things that help martial artists offensively?
                      Sure, but I'd advise against things that remove any power discrepancy between unarmed attacks and artifact weaponry, for the same reason.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If you could import one mechanical feature from the storypath system to exalted which would it be?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                          If you could import one mechanical feature from the storypath system to exalted which would it be?
                          Hmm. Maybe Momentum, although the stunting system also appeals.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Hmm, guess I don't get my question from the prior page answered...Probably my fault for asking such an abstract one!

Well, no worries; my congrats and best wishes to the new devs (new to me, anyway!) still stand!

Comment

• So Lunars have to perform a sacred hunt to gain new forms - how does that work for creatures that might be essentially trivial to hunt, like many insects? Does it become a downtime thing, or something similar?

Comment

• When are we likely to close this thread and start a new one? It is... super long. Like, more posts than some of our subforums have long.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                                X