This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
    When are we likely to close this thread and start a new one? It is... super long. Like, more posts than some of our subforums have long.

B-but...I just got here! Man, this is like Prom all over again...

Comment

• Maybe this is more of a "Ask the management" question, but maybe you know something. Also kudos to you guys for keeping up with this thread for so long!

Are there any plans to make an Exalted 3rd Edition ruleset module available for Fantasy Grounds? (Fantasy Grounds is a virtual table top application that supports online play - a bit like Roll20.)

While I absolutely enjoy the complexity of Ex3 many potential players I know are less interested in so many moving parts, subsystems and so on. Having a an application that supports many of those would be pretty awesome.

My (mostly) German Exalted blog: Praise the Spiral!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryoki View Post
        Maybe this is more of a "Ask the management" question, but maybe you know something. Also kudos to you guys for keeping up with this thread for so long!

Are there any plans to make an Exalted 3rd Edition ruleset module available for Fantasy Grounds? (Fantasy Grounds is a virtual table top application that supports online play - a bit like Roll20.)

While I absolutely enjoy the complexity of Ex3 many potential players I know are less interested in so many moving parts, subsystems and so on. Having a an application that supports many of those would be pretty awesome.
        To be fair this is something that could largely be helped by the fan base. Someone with experience in coding and the time to do so could start working on the unofficial ruleset (just the way the game works, not with copyright stuff like charms/etc. With backing the rest could be added in later but with a backbone to start from it would generally be a more cost effective venture if all they had to do was copy/paste versus 'hiring a coder/team'.

Nagi Sungila, Storyteller of The Immaculate Chaos

www.theimmaculatechaos.com
        Twitter: @TheImmaculateCh
        Facebook: @TheImmaculateChaos

Comment

• Originally posted by ffanxii4ever View Post
          So Lunars have to perform a sacred hunt to gain new forms - how does that work for creatures that might be essentially trivial to hunt, like many insects? Does it become a downtime thing, or something similar?
          You can perform sacred hunts of creatures that pose no threat to you during downtime, or just skip over the combat if you do it onscreen.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryoki View Post
            Maybe this is more of a "Ask the management" question, but maybe you know something. Also kudos to you guys for keeping up with this thread for so long!

Not really our bailiwick. That's something I think the folks at OPP would have to handle.
            Last edited by Robert Vance; 10-02-2018, 07:49 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• When creating an Artifact that granted someone an alternate form, would it be inappropriate to crib rules from Lunars?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                When creating an Artifact that granted someone an alternate form, would it be inappropriate to crib rules from Lunars?
                If the alternate form the artifact's granting isn't an animal, they may not work all that well. If it is an animal, they'll work really well (although I wouldn't recommend granting more than maybe one animal shape).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  Sure, but I'd advise against things that remove any power discrepancy between unarmed attacks and artifact weaponry, for the same reason.
                  Is it ever appropriate to design a smashfist whose Attunement Bonus or Evocations allow it to work with one Style and no others, especially if the smashfist is forbidden from enabling a smash attack when rolling that Style Ability or using that Style’s Charms?

Fire Dragon’s paired short swords are Lightweight like smashfists, and forsaking the smashing tag wouldn’t give them the Balanced tag for better overwhelming. You still couldn’t combine with Brawl Charms, and would need to combine with Falcon Style (if allowed) rather than Steel Devil or any of the other Dragon Styles.
                  Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 10-03-2018, 09:43 AM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

Is it ever appropriate to design a smashfist whose Attunement Bonus or Evocations allow it to work with one Style and no others, especially if the smashfist is forbidden from enabling a smash attack when rolling that Style Ability or using that Style’s Charms?

Fire Dragon’s paired short swords are Lightweight like smashfists, and forsaking the smashing tag wouldn’t give them the Balanced tag for better overwhelming. You still couldn’t combine with Brawl Charms, and would need to combine with Falcon Style (if allowed) rather than Steel Devil or any of the other Dragon Styles.
                    There's the potential to enable unbalanced combinations of Martial Arts that wouldn't normally be compatible, on top of general clunkiness. That may not be an absolute bar to that, but it's an important consideration.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If a person wields stormcaller, could they feasibly use the sheath as a weapon aswell? Since the sheath is made of white jade. And if yes, does it count as dual wielding for the purposes of the clash bonus?

Comment

• Is Abyssal's being able to convert their shards into curseless Solar shards returning in 3E?
                        The Yozi and Neverborn were able to warp Solar shards back in 2E? Have they tried similar to other Exaltations or even Exigencies?

Comment

• I've asked mostly mechanical questions in this thread, here are some fluff questions:

How much land vanished, never to return, during the Balorian Crusade? Still as much as in 2nd ed?

Was Saigoth a continet? Or has the "vanished Western continent" been replaced in the story by the Caul?

Am I correct that the Caul vanished about the time of the Contagion/Balorian Crusade? That's the implication from the Realm preview, but it's not completely clear.

How long ago did the Caul return, approximately? Is it like 20 years ago, or more like 200?
                          Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 10-03-2018, 03:43 PM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                            I've asked mostly mechanical questions in this thread, here are some fluff questions:

How much land vanished, never to return, during the Balorian Crusade? Still as much as in 2nd ed?
                            Not something we're likely to discuss in any detail.

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                            Was Saigoth a continet? Or has the "vanished Western continent" been replaced in the story by the Caul?
                            There may have been any number of other continents in the West, but again, we're not likely to discuss First Age geography in any detail.

Am I correct that the Caul vanished about the time of the Contagion/Balorian Crusade? That's the implication from the Realm preview, but it's not completely clear.
                            The exact nature and timeframe of the Caul's disappearance isn't covered in the text, and any necessary details can be filled in at your table.

How long ago did the Caul return, approximately? Is it like 20 years ago, or more like 200?
                            The Caul was rediscovered two and a half centuries after the Contagion.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Thanks! /10char

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                                If a person wields stormcaller, could they feasibly use the sheath as a weapon aswell? Since the sheath is made of white jade.
                                It could probably be wielded as some kind of mundane weapon.

And if yes, does it count as dual wielding for the purposes of the clash bonus?
                                Strictly speaking no, because weapons are only "paired" if they're identical. Storytellers are free to fudge that in this case, because honestly, it'd be pretty cool.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X