Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Some Mist on Water Attack questions

    If it supplements a multi target charm does it affect all targets? If it does do I have to pay 2m per turn per target or just 2m for all per turn.

    Does the decisive attack supplemented by this charm make sounds itself? Like if I shoot a stone through a window to kill a man does anyone hear the shattering glass.

    Would you as a storyteller allow either the use of the charm on a object like a door so you could smash it in without making a sound? How about on yourself?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      "I touch you and you fall down/fall unconscious" doesn't feel like a Lunar Charm, but there's nothing in principle stopping a Protean or Totemic CHarm from keying off of bioelectrogenesis.
      The torpedo ray has a great deal of old folklore behind it as an inexplicable source of numbness and paralysis (inexplicable before the discovery of electricity, anyway). It is, in fact, the origin of the word torpor. I was asking about threading the concept through a bad touch Charm on account of how you seemed to be against Charms keying off of bioelectrogenesis in the prior replies, and was approaching through said folkloric/mythological angle.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
        Does Falling Hammer Strike only apply for Brawl attacks? Or could someone use it with Melee?
        Brawl only.


        Developer for Exalted

        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

        Robert Vance's Patreon

        Comment


        • If a Primordial's Fetich soul is disconnected from its soul hierarchy but is otherwise unharmed (by means of a sorcerous working or the like), would that Primordial suffer Fetich death?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
            There are many such places, especially major cities and resort areas.
            I was wondering about that. The location entries for each House describe house strongholds and places where they have all the authority, so it kinda makes it seem like they tend to isolate and fortify their holdings and things. Good to know that isn't the case. I assume this will be explained in much more detail in The Realm?


            ....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
              If a Primordial's Fetich soul is disconnected from its soul hierarchy but is otherwise unharmed (by means of a sorcerous working or the like), would that Primordial suffer Fetich death?
              Tbh that’s such a unique situation that I’m not sure it’s answerable officially.

              It’d make sense for that to be the way it plays out tho.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                If a Primordial's Fetich soul is disconnected from its soul hierarchy but is otherwise unharmed (by means of a sorcerous working or the like), would that Primordial suffer Fetich death?
                That's a "play to find out" sorta scenario.


                Developer for Exalted

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Robert Vance's Patreon

                Comment


                • Unison has an evocation that lets you activate a Mien and Increasing Strength Exercise at the same time.

                  Would HBR/DBT be balanced for a Lunar equivalent (bearing in mind that the real effect here of HBR would be activating DBT at the same time)?


                  "Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    That's basically letting you bypass most of the social influence system. I wouldn't let anyone have that.
                    Even for 3CD level spirits?
                    Exalted and other spirits would have a resistance.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                      I was wondering about that. The location entries for each House describe house strongholds and places where they have all the authority, so it kinda makes it seem like they tend to isolate and fortify their holdings and things. Good to know that isn't the case. I assume this will be explained in much more detail in The Realm?
                      There's a brief explanation in Chapter 1, and several examples in Chapter 5.


                      Developer for Exalted.

                      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sakii View Post

                        Even for 3CD level spirits?
                        Exalted and other spirits would have a resistance.
                        The fact that Solars don't have a Charm that lets them bypass the social influence system when interacting with mortals is a very deliberate choice. The same reasoning extends to Third Circle Demons et al.


                        Developer for Exalted

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Robert Vance's Patreon

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                          Some Mist on Water Attack questions

                          If it supplements a multi target charm does it affect all targets? If it does do I have to pay 2m per turn per target or just 2m for all per turn.
                          So, the way Supplemental Charms work in conjunction with multi-attacks: if it has you make multiple separate attacks, you've got to pay it separately for each of them. If it has you make one attack roll and apply it against multiple targets, you only gotta pay it once.

                          Does the decisive attack supplemented by this charm make sounds itself? Like if I shoot a stone through a window to kill a man does anyone hear the shattering glass.
                          It silences the victim, not the projectile.

                          Would you as a storyteller allow either the use of the charm on a object like a door so you could smash it in without making a sound? How about on yourself?
                          No.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Can a character disguised as someone else benefit from intimacies towards the person they're impersonating? Does this benefit extend to charm based situations, such as Black Claw's intimacy related charms?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Croakamancer View Post
                              Can a character disguised as someone else benefit from intimacies towards the person they're impersonating? Does this benefit extend to charm based situations, such as Black Claw's intimacy related charms?
                              Yeah. If you think that someone is your Beloved Wife, then they'd be able to exploit your Ties for your Beloved Wife.


                              Developer for Exalted

                              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                              Robert Vance's Patreon

                              Comment


                              • The text of Death Ray indicates you use both hands held together to use it. Would this mean that your hands have to be empty to fire it and maintain the beam?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X