This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    I wrote one! Although he'd probably object to being called a monster.

In what range would you place his "power level"?

Comment

• So, my players really like the more roleplaying heavy expressions of the Great Curse you guys did for DBs in WFHW. Are Lunars looking at a more mechanically crunchy Limit system closer to Solars in the core, and that approach mostly just being limited to Lunars, or might we see something similar in splats going forward?

Because it was really cool seeing my playgroup actually want to engage with Limit/the Great Curse, given they've rarely had reasons to really enjoy the ticking time bomb aspect, but acting out their characters' flaws in larger amounts for XP was generally a more interesting incentive than the Willpower recharge.
      Last edited by OpMegs; 10-09-2018, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OpMegs View Post
        So, my players really like the more roleplaying heavy expressions of the Great Curse you guys did for DBs in WFHW. Are Lunars looking at a more mechanically crunchy Limit system closer to Solars in the core, and that approach mostly just being limited to Lunars, or might we see something similar in splats going forward?

Because it was really cool seeing my playgroup actually want to engage with Limit/the Great Curse, given they've rarely had reasons to really enjoy the ticking time bomb aspect, but acting out their characters' flaws in larger amounts for XP was generally a more interesting incentive than the Willpower recharge.
        Lunars follow a model that's more similar to Solars, but it's trivial to swap that out for something more like what the Dragon-Blooded have.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post

In what range would you place his "power level"?
          On a scale of one to three circles, I'd give him a two.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Daeth View Post
            Is there any new exalts you guys are planning to make( and potentially give them their own splatbook) that you have not told us about?
            Nope.10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Nope.10char
              In theory, if someone on the design team had a good enough Exalted Splat idea (and it didn't break down on further examination like some of the others have), would you guys consider introducing it to canon? Or is the door pretty firmly closed on new canon Exalted?

Comment

• Prophet-Uplifting Evocation requires its target to be under the effect of Underling-Promoting Touch. But UPT is indefinite while PUE is permanent (for the person recieving it, instant use of the charm). If a prophet is no longer an underling, will PUE remain in effect?

Comment

• I recently noticed Silken Armour in the Core Book, which I'd missed before.

It says "Woven using secret, long-lost First Age techniques, silken armor is woven of a material with the weight and texture of silk, but the resilience of tempered steel."
                  So my question is
                  a) If it's woven using long-lost techniques, does this mean my master of Weaving (who wields the Distaff, of course) can't weave one?
                  b) If you can, does it require one of the magical materials, or just magic silk? (Like from the Distaff, or a giant magic spider, or celestial silk worms, or something.) If it requires one of the magic materials... how does that work, since they're metal or rock?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

In theory, if someone on the design team had a good enough Exalted Splat idea (and it didn't break down on further examination like some of the others have), would you guys consider introducing it to canon? Or is the door pretty firmly closed on new canon Exalted?
                    It's highly unlikely. If one of the three optional-canon Exalted in Exigents proves sufficiently appealing to the fanbase, we might make it fully canonical, but any other new Exalted splats we may come up with would also end up optional canon for the same reasons as those three.

EDIT: Also, to avoid confusion: The three optional-canon Exalts lined up for Exigents didn't "break down on further examination." If we felt they were bad for the line, we wouldn't have made them optional; we simply wouldn't print them at all. They're optional because the line is already packed with Exalted types, and we didn't want the default setting to feel overly cluttered and overstuffed with them.
                    Last edited by Eric Minton; 10-09-2018, 10:38 AM.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Nope.10char
                      Is the "10char" in white a clue or something? o.o

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerinome View Post
                        Is the "10char" in white a clue or something? o.o
                        No, the forum won't let you make a post with fewer than ten characters, so that's what I do to fill out the space.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

The fundamental Liminal play experience is modeled on the many stories of created life that inspire them—that of a human being wrestling with questions of identity and discovering who they are. I wouldn't expect to see that whole thing boiled down into a single Charm, but I would expect Charms that give subtle nudges in those narrative directions.

Liminal themes also encompass decay as a natural facet of the cycle of life and death, an affinity for dead things, and power over the passions and secrets of both the living and the dead, among other things. I think it's easier to see how those might come through in their Charms.
                          hi. i'm new to exalted just began reading third edition this month. Can you tell me,could a liminal detect if someone's lying by sensing the movement of chemicals in someone's brains?

Comment

No, the forum won't let you make a post with fewer than ten characters, so that's what I do to fill out the space.
                            Really?!

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Memory-Reweaving Discipline creates a "belief" in target listeners. Should this count as an Intimacy? If so what should the intensity be? If it's not an intimacy, could it still be used as evidence to make other social rolls like an intimacy can?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                                Memory-Reweaving Discipline creates a "belief" in target listeners. Should this count as an Intimacy? If so what should the intensity be? If it's not an intimacy, could it still be used as evidence to make other social rolls like an intimacy can?
                                It's not an Intimacy, and can't directly support persuade rolls, but it can do so indirectly. Convincing Peasant Joe to go give a wild tiger a belly rub might normally be a life-defining task...but if he believes that tiger is his trusty familiar, who's fought side by side with him for more decades than he can remember, it might be only an inconvenient task!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X