Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, my friend's familiar is stuck in combat and trying to run away.
    It's a QC, so doesn't have a Disengage pool.
    Should we double it's Evasion in dice? Or use the Combat Movement?

Also, the rules for Speed bonuses say you add them to Dex+Ride rolls to Disengage, Withdraw and Rush when using them as mounts.
    If the animal is unridden, does it still get the Speed Bonus to these rolls?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• What are the chances we get a full write-up of Sublime Danger and her martial arts style? I have a player for whom it'd make a *perfect* plot hook.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        So, my friend's familiar is stuck in combat and trying to run away.
        It's a QC, so doesn't have a Disengage pool.
        Should we double it's Evasion in dice? Or use the Combat Movement?
        QCs use their combat movement pool for disengages, rushes, withdrawing, rising from prone, and whatever else may come up.

Also, the rules for Speed bonuses say you add them to Dex+Ride rolls to Disengage, Withdraw and Rush when using them as mounts.
        If the animal is unridden, does it still get the Speed Bonus to these rolls?
        It's already factored into their combat movement pool.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerredai View Post
          What are the chances we get a full write-up of Sublime Danger and her martial arts style? I have a player for whom it'd make a *perfect* plot hook.
          It'd certainly make a good stretch goal for Lunars.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How good was the plan of showing the content of the book during the kickstarter?
            Do you plan on doing it for the future splats?

Comment

• First a mechanics question:
              Plentimon's Ladybug has a charm where "the Ladybug bites someone", and then they have a fortuitous meeting within the next 5 hours.
              It's an Eclipse charm, but doesn't say how it works for Eclipses. I assume we replace "Ladybug" with "the Eclipse" and so the Eclipse has to bite someone to activate it?
              (Not get a ladybug to bite someone.)

Second, the Deliberative guys who did the Playtest didn't know anything about Lunar anima powers.
              Can you tell us anything about them?
              'm guessing they all have 3 powers now, like DBs and Solars.
              I also guess that the Full Moon one is the most similar to the old powers, conceptually, but maybe the other two have changed a lot.
              Are they similar to the old ones, or very different? Can Changing Moons still use illusions to disguise themselves? Are No Moon anima powers still about shadow and sorcery? Anything else you'd like to tease?
              Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 10-11-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Can the 2m effect of Iron Skin Concentration be used to soak overwhelming damage? If not is the only effect this charm defends against is the unsoakable damage from"Torn Lotus Defense"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer
                  Will there be a moonsilver flamepiece in Fangs?

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  Yep! 10char
                  I know this is an old one... but will there be a firewand as well?

I have to admit, I'm quite intrigued to see what a non-Jade (and thus, not elemental-themed) firewand or flamepiece could be like.

Comment

I know this is an old one... but will there be a firewand as well?
                    I'll be honest, I don't remember whether it's a firewand or a flamepiece off the top of my head.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                      Can the 2m effect of Iron Skin Concentration be used to soak overwhelming damage?
                      No.

If not is the only effect this charm defends against is the unsoakable damage from"Torn Lotus Defense"?
                      There might be unsoakable damage in future publications (or maybe some in current ones that I don't remember off the top of my head).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Second, the Deliberative guys who did the Playtest didn't know anything about Lunar anima powers.
                        Can you tell us anything about them?
                        'm guessing they all have 3 powers now, like DBs and Solars.
                        Yep.

I also guess that the Full Moon one is the most similar to the old powers, conceptually, but maybe the other two have changed a lot.
                        Are they similar to the old ones, or very different? Can Changing Moons still use illusions to disguise themselves? Are No Moon anima powers still about shadow and sorcery? Anything else you'd like to tease?
                        They've changed and expanded a fair bit.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
                          How good was the plan of showing the content of the book during the kickstarter?
                          Do you plan on doing it for the future splats?
                          As far as I'm concerned, it was a great success, but that's ultimately OPP's call to make, not mine.

(I don't have any reason to think that OPP wouldn't want to do that, but I don't want to make promises that aren't mine to make)
                          Last edited by Robert Vance; 10-11-2018, 05:31 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            I'll be honest, I don't remember whether it's a firewand or a flamepiece off the top of my head.
                            That's fair!

As far as I'm concerned, it was a great success, but that's ultimately OPP's call to make, not mine.
                            I can't speak statistically, but anecdotally, getting the text was what got me and some of my friends to pledge. And once I was already pledging, I thought I might as well get most of the extras.
                            Most of us had never pledged to an rpg KS before, and one guy had pledged like $2-300 to the 3rd ed Exalted KS, then had to wait years and years for it. I'm sure he wouldn't have pledged without the text.

Certainly getting the Lunars text during the KS will be a big encouragement to me to pledge.
                            Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 10-11-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• what happens if a Fire Aspect flares their anima while going for a swim? What happens if you cast Stormwind Rider underwater? Man this underwater fighting business is turning out to be more complicated that I thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadassOverlord View Post
                                what happens if a Fire Aspect flares their anima while going for a swim?
                                Steam, probably.

What happens if you cast Stormwind Rider underwater? Man this underwater fighting business is turning out to be more complicated that I thought.
                                It doesn't work for underwater travel.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X