X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    No. Only humans and animals.
    Oh darn, that's rather disappointing. So what classifies an animal as an animal for the purposes of assuming a form? Anything without a mote pool?

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post

Oh darn, that's rather disappointing. So what classifies an animal as an animal for the purposes of assuming a form? Anything without a mote pool?
      I believe they said previously that anything that could feasibly exist in our world even if they don't actually. So lions, simhata, tyrant lizards and benthic knifetooths are applicable. But Giant Grossbeaks, Mice of the Sun and Barrow hounds, no. Because those count as magic animals.

Comment

• What exactly does the extra effect granted to Lore-Inducing Concentration when you know Immanent Solar Glory do? It says you can always roll to establish your knowledge, even if the Storyteller determines you need not roll. I'm not entirely clear on what exactly "establishing knowledge" is compared to introducing a fact, or why you would want to roll if you succeed automatically.

Also, Bottomless Wellspring Approach says you get an auto-success and other successes you generate are doubled. Are other successes from, say, Harmonious Academic Methodology or spending WP doubled? Or is it only successes you generate in the dice roll?
        Last edited by Yamajin; 10-19-2018, 04:39 AM. Reason: Edited to add another question about Bottomless Wellspring.

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
          I believe they said previously that anything that could feasibly exist in our world even if they don't actually. So lions, simhata, tyrant lizards and benthic knifetooths are applicable. But Giant Grossbeaks, Mice of the Sun and Barrow hounds, no. Because those count as magic animals.
          Please let the devs answer in this Ask the Devs thread. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichT View Post

Please let the devs answer in this Ask the Devs thread. Thanks!
            Understood. Just chimed in since it was answered previously. I'll stick to asking questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
              So what classifies an animal as an animal for the purposes of assuming a form? Anything without a mote pool?
              There's a sidebar that addresses that topic in depth. In brief: things that are real-world animals (including extinct ones), or things that could plausibly exist/have existed in the real world.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Yamajin View Post
                What exactly does the extra effect granted to Lore-Inducing Concentration when you know Immanent Solar Glory do? It says you can always roll to establish your knowledge, even if the Storyteller determines you need not roll. I'm not entirely clear on what exactly "establishing knowledge" is compared to introducing a fact, or why you would want to roll if you succeed automatically.
                Immanent Solar Glory rewards you based on the results of your dice roll. What that line means is, if you want to introduce the fact that a particular village's folk tales are distantly based on actual events from First Age history, and the Storyteller says "nah, you don't need to roll that, I think your character can just know it" (or alternatively, "nah, you don't need to roll that, that's awesome and it's what I'm gonna do"), you can still say, "hey, I still wanna roll for my Immanent Solar Glory."

Also, Bottomless Wellspring Approach says you get an auto-success and other successes you generate are doubled. Are other successes from, say, Harmonious Academic Methodology or spending WP doubled? Or is it only successes you generate in the dice roll?
                Bottomless Wellspring Approach only doubles your extra successes, i.e. the successes you roll over the difficulty you're going up against. There isn't any innate utility to that; I think it's an editing artifact.

Last edited by Robert Vance; 10-19-2018, 01:22 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does the Immaculate Order hold a monopoly on Absolution in the parts of Creation where they hold sway? Is absolution a concept native to Immaculate philosophy or Creation in general? Even if metaphysically it is not a concept beyond an interpretation of Lethe, is it an idea with traction in Creation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                    Does the Immaculate Order hold a monopoly on Absolution in the parts of Creation where they hold sway? Is absolution a concept native to Immaculate philosophy or Creation in general? Even if metaphysically it is not a concept beyond an interpretation of Lethe, is it an idea with traction in Creation?
                    I'm not sure I understand with what you mean by "absolution." If you're referring to the Christian concept of forgiveness of sin, that's not really an idea you'd find in the Immaculate Philosophy. Other religions in Creation could certainly have notions of sin and absolution.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Robert Vance I realize my followup question might have gotten lost near the end of the previous page. With soul marking style, the stylist is always now considered aiming with regards to wood dragon attacks on the target if that target is soul marked. Do mixed martial arts combos benefit? Like say I use it on a spirit then follow up with spirit wracking method, eyes of the wood dragon and falling crescent strike from white reaper to make the attack piercing, and add extra damage? or will it only work with strictly wood dragon charms? (Same goes for the flurry of aim and disengage in air aura with Wind Dragon Speed and any potential combos)

Had another question with regards to the Artifact Fist of Titans and Mammoth Slam Quake, the Strength + Melee roll, would it break horribly if an earth dragon stylist used the goremaul and the evocation used Strength + Martial Arts? It doesn't seem like the type of thing that can be supplemented beyond the Excellency unless I am missing something.
                      Thanks again.

Comment

• This was sort of answered a long time ago but I'm not entirely clear on the answer. If I'm an Essence 5 White Reaper Stylist, and I have 2 Halos (out of a possible 5 max) and I use Bleeding Crescent Strike to attack a Battle Group, gaining 2 dice for my 2 Halos, but gaining 1 Halo from damaging the Battle Group... At the end of my turn, do I have 1 Halo or 0 Halos?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• A question about Empowering Shout. If you boost a skill or attribute that is already at 5, does it exceed the cap? Favor Conferring Prana specifically notes that it does not, but Empowering Shout doesn’t say one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
                            Robert Vance I realize my followup question might have gotten lost near the end of the previous page. With soul marking style, the stylist is always now considered aiming with regards to wood dragon attacks on the target if that target is soul marked. Do mixed martial arts combos benefit? Like say I use it on a spirit then follow up with spirit wracking method, eyes of the wood dragon and falling crescent strike from white reaper to make the attack piercing, and add extra damage? or will it only work with strictly wood dragon charms? (Same goes for the flurry of aim and disengage in air aura with Wind Dragon Speed and any potential combos)
                            Any attack with a Wood Dragon-compatible weapon works.

Had another question with regards to the Artifact Fist of Titans and Mammoth Slam Quake, the Strength + Melee roll, would it break horribly if an earth dragon stylist used the goremaul and the evocation used Strength + Martial Arts? It doesn't seem like the type of thing that can be supplemented beyond the Excellency unless I am missing something.
                            Thanks again.
                            I don't foresee any balance issues.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                              This was sort of answered a long time ago but I'm not entirely clear on the answer. If I'm an Essence 5 White Reaper Stylist, and I have 2 Halos (out of a possible 5 max) and I use Bleeding Crescent Strike to attack a Battle Group, gaining 2 dice for my 2 Halos, but gaining 1 Halo from damaging the Battle Group... At the end of my turn, do I have 1 Halo or 0 Halos?
                              Stuff that causes you to lose halos at end of turn doesn't affect any halos awarded from the attack it enhanced.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kintani View Post
                                A question about Empowering Shout. If you boost a skill or attribute that is already at 5, does it exceed the cap? Favor Conferring Prana specifically notes that it does not, but Empowering Shout doesn’t say one way or the other.
                                I read Empowering Shout as not being limited the way that Favor-Conferring Prana is.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X