This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Any attack with a Wood Dragon-compatible weapon works.

I don't foresee any balance issues.
    Thank you. good to know as I am planning someone who makes use of MMA a bit.

Comment

It wasn't made a reaper daiklave for the purpose of making it compatible with Single Point, although I was aware of the compatibility.
      Pursuant to this point: is it possible to do Single Point attacks without re-sheathing your sword every time? That would be a problem (or at least very annoying) with Stormcaller.

The Form description says it's "customary" to re-sheathe your sword after every strike, which I would not generally interpret as an actual requirement, but the description also implies that the buildup of Essence might actually erupt somehow if you don't keep sheathing it. (But then, Stormcaller's going to erupt if you do sheathe it.)

Void-Slicing Wind, Horizon-Swallowed Star Flash, and Six-Demon Scabbard Binding also specifically describe sheathing one's sword as part of the Charm. Should those be interpreted as actual requirements?

Or can you do all the Single Point tricks while just stunting some other manifestation of Essence eruption and/or sealing away wasted force or whatever?

Comment

I'm not sure I understand with what you mean by "absolution." If you're referring to the Christian concept of forgiveness of sin, that's not really an idea you'd find in the Immaculate Philosophy. Other religions in Creation could certainly have notions of sin and absolution.
        I suppose I was asking in the Christian sense, but I guess the broader question would be what does the Immaculate Order do for the layity? Are Immaculate monks, as a rule, ministers and spiritual guides to the common people? Does an Immaculate have eclesiastic authority over a dynast, in theory if not in fact? Are the immaculates functionally just the supernatural SWAT Team? Or should I just wait until WFHW comes out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
          Pursuant to this point: is it possible to do Single Point attacks without re-sheathing your sword every time? That would be a problem (or at least very annoying) with Stormcaller.

The Form description says it's "customary" to re-sheathe your sword after every strike, which I would not generally interpret as an actual requirement, but the description also implies that the buildup of Essence might actually erupt somehow if you don't keep sheathing it. (But then, Stormcaller's going to erupt if you do sheathe it.)

Void-Slicing Wind, Horizon-Swallowed Star Flash, and Six-Demon Scabbard Binding also specifically describe sheathing one's sword as part of the Charm. Should those be interpreted as actual requirements?

Or can you do all the Single Point tricks while just stunting some other manifestation of Essence eruption and/or sealing away wasted force or whatever?
          I second this query.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post

You're supposed to sheathe it after every attack while in the form. If you deliberately don't to avoid trigger Stormcaller, the Storyteller certainly has license to make the Essence build-up bite you.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sticks View Post

I suppose I was asking in the Christian sense, but I guess the broader question would be what does the Immaculate Order do for the layity? Are Immaculate monks, as a rule, ministers and spiritual guides to the common people? Does an Immaculate have eclesiastic authority over a dynast, in theory if not in fact? Are the immaculates functionally just the supernatural SWAT Team? Or should I just wait until WFHW comes out?
              The primary interactions between Immaculate monks and layfolk is leading them in venerating gods in accordance with the prayer calendar — and, in the case of the peasantry, providing education. More detail will come in The Realm.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

You're supposed to sheathe it after every attack while in the form. If you deliberately don't to avoid trigger Stormcaller, the Storyteller certainly has license to make the Essence build-up bite you.
                What form would this take? I honestly don't know myself.

Comment

• Can Gorgon slotted with the Twin Crescent Stone be used with steel devil? Since reaver daiklaves are artifact chopping swords.
                  Last edited by GenericMaleNPC01; 10-20-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

There's a sidebar that addresses that topic in depth. In brief: things that are real-world animals (including extinct ones), or things that could plausibly exist/have existed in the real world.
                    So nothing remotely fantastic? So nothing in the vein of say Monster Hunter or anything with a strange, unusual, or fantastic biology? Does that put things like Rocs off the table because they're still able to fly despite being so large?
                    Last edited by ReshyShira; 10-20-2018, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• Assuming this has been discussed already or just as a bit of eyeballing, where would you place the Infernal Devil Tiger-ish Charms (inner world + demon pantheon and any other surviving bits) in terms of Essence prerequisite, and do you have an Ability/Abilities in mind for where they would be located? Instinct kind of points towards Occult (Ephemeral Induction Technique and the likes) but Infernals being weird I'd rather ask~

Comment

• is there a plan to do a book like The Realm but for Yu Shan after Sidreald?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post
                          Assuming this has been discussed already or just as a bit of eyeballing, where would you place the Infernal Devil Tiger-ish Charms (inner world + demon pantheon and any other surviving bits) in terms of Essence prerequisite, and do you have an Ability/Abilities in mind for where they would be located? Instinct kind of points towards Occult (Ephemeral Induction Technique and the likes) but Infernals being weird I'd rather ask~
                          I also ask this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post

So nothing remotely fantastic? So nothing in the vein of say Monster Hunter or anything with a strange, unusual, or fantastic biology? Does that put things like Rocs off the table because they're still able to fly despite being so large?
                            Metagalan riding hawks are animals.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                              Can Gorgon slotted with the Twin Crescent Stone be used with steel devil? Since reaver daiklaves are artifact chopping swords.
                              Yeah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post
                                Assuming this has been discussed already or just as a bit of eyeballing, where would you place the Infernal Devil Tiger-ish Charms (inner world + demon pantheon and any other surviving bits) in terms of Essence prerequisite, and do you have an Ability/Abilities in mind for where they would be located? Instinct kind of points towards Occult (Ephemeral Induction Technique and the likes) but Infernals being weird I'd rather ask~
                                No final decisions have been made yet, but my get says either Occult or Integrity.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X