Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What level of investment would you demand from a solar player who wanted to access legendary size without a familiar or warstrider?

    Will infenals be able to access legendary size about as easily as lunars?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
      is there a plan to do a book like The Realm but for Yu Shan after Sidreald?
      Current plan is to include information on Yu-Shan in the Sidereals book, although that's subject to change.


      Developer for Exalted.

      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

      Comment


      • To both devs: what's your dream book for Exalted that you could publish that has no plans for such currently? If you could do anything, etc.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by reseru View Post
          To both devs: what's your dream book for Exalted that you could publish that has no plans for such currently? If you could do anything, etc.
          The great thing about being a dev is that there aren't all that many obstacles to pitching your dream books.


          Developer for Exalted

          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

          Robert Vance's Patreon

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
            What level of investment would you demand from a solar player who wanted to access legendary size without a familiar or warstrider?
            It's not something they're going to be able to accomplish through Solar Charms. If they want to do it through sorcery or Evocations, it's probably gonna be harder to access than it is for Lunars — Celestial Circle sorcery at the least, or a capstone Evocation.

            Will infenals be able to access legendary size about as easily as lunars?
            While Shintai still haven't been completely nailed down, it's going to be an apples-to-oranges comparison.


            Developer for Exalted

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Robert Vance's Patreon

            Comment


            • Falling Scythe Flash from White Reaper doubles Strength for the purpose of calculating withering damage, and Nightingale Style adds your Performance rating to your raw damage. Are these effects and others like them considered as adding charm dice?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Yamajin View Post
                Falling Scythe Flash from White Reaper doubles Strength for the purpose of calculating withering damage, and Nightingale Style adds your Performance rating to your raw damage. Are these effects and others like them considered as adding charm dice?
                Damage rolls aren't subject to dice-adding limits.


                Developer for Exalted

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Robert Vance's Patreon

                Comment


                • When you use Iron Whirlwind Attack after Peony Blossom Technique, do you go directly into IWA, or do you also get the free standalone attack from PBT on top of IWA? I was assuming the former, but there's enough wiggle room in the text to not be 100 percent certain.


                  "Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

                  Now...count up all your sins.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Damage rolls aren't subject to dice-adding limits.
                    Presumably then a Strength 5 Lunar could combine Falling Scythe Flash and a Strength excellency to get +10 extra damage?


                    "Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

                      Presumably then a Strength 5 Lunar could combine Falling Scythe Flash and a Strength excellency to get +10 extra damage?
                      I mean a Brawl Solar can do something similar if the fight draws on long enough with Ferocious Jab.


                      Speaking of adding damage dice, will Lunars be able to use Strength/Stamina excellencies to boost raw damage of withering attacks, or soak?
                      Last edited by ReshyShira; 10-22-2018, 12:14 AM.

                      Comment


                      • We're having a discussion about how Dragonblood can protect themselves against Night Caste and Lunar assassins, and this question came up.

                        Dragon's Twitching Whisker lets you roll to detect threats if you have a negative tie to them. Does it have to be to them specifically, or just be a negative tie that covers them?

                        For example, if Kozo the Rat-King is sneaking into my room in rat-form to assassinate me, do I need to have "Kozo the Rat-King (Hatred)" to use the charm, or is "Lunars (Foul demons)" enough?


                        "Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
                          Speaking of adding damage dice, will Lunars be able to use Strength/Stamina excellencies to boost raw damage of withering attacks, or soak?
                          Yep, but it's a little different from adding dice to (Attribute + Ability) rolls or static values.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CycloneJoker View Post
                            When you use Iron Whirlwind Attack after Peony Blossom Technique, do you go directly into IWA, or do you also get the free standalone attack from PBT on top of IWA? I was assuming the former, but there's enough wiggle room in the text to not be 100 percent certain.
                            The Iron Whirlwind flurry replaces the single attack you'd normally get.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • So, if you're using two separate weapons, how does this work for Martial Arts weapon requirements? Like a Tiger Claw on one hand and a Warfan in the other, would that let you access both types of styles/stances, and if so how would attacking work in terms of the MA charms you can use?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                The Iron Whirlwind flurry replaces the single attack you'd normally get.
                                As I assumed then. Thank you very much!


                                "Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

                                Now...count up all your sins.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X