This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spacenerd5792 View Post
    Coupla quick and easies for you fine folks: I may simply have passed through these in the text. Are Excellencies considered Supplemental or Reflexive? Also, can the willpower point awarded from a 2-point stunt put the player over their max willpower? It specifically specifies that the 3-point version can do so, but I'm unclear on the 2. Lastly, on more of a personal opinion question, how would you stat a wooden sword, like a bokken or bokutou? I have this vision of a Dawn (inspired by a recent watching of Thunderbolt Fantasy) who cuts through things with only a wooden sword. Maybe give it the bashing tag, but allow it to stunt for lethal? Maybe a tag representing it's relative fragility? Thanks for you time.
    Page 255, the example shows excellencies as supplemental.
    Pg187 "her character gains a point of willpower up to a maximum of her permanent willpower."

Comment

Coupla quick and easies for you fine folks: I may simply have passed through these in the text. Are Excellencies considered Supplemental or Reflexive?\

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
      Page 255, the example shows excellencies as supplemental.

To be more accurate, p. 255 says "If the Excellency is being used to enhance a dice roll it is considered supplemental. If it is being used in a defense, it is considered reflexive."

I have created a character creation tool. The thread talking about the tool can be found here.

I like the Mesoamerican look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        It has been literally years since I've gotten into the guts of Second Edition, so I don't know how much guidance I can give on rules stuff. If you've got questions about books I wrote for (Autochthonia, Masters of Jade, Shards, plus all the books Eric's done), might be able to give a more useful answer.
        Any chance we might get any shards for Ex3

Comment

Coupla quick and easies for you fine folks: I may simply have passed through these in the text. Are Excellencies considered Supplemental or Reflexive?
          Excellencies are a bit of a special case. Usually they're supplemental, but when used to enhance static values like Evasion, Resolve, or Guile, they're reflexive.

Also, can the willpower point awarded from a 2-point stunt put the player over their max willpower? It specifically specifies that the 3-point version can do so, but I'm unclear on the 2.
          2-point stunts can bring you up to maximum Willpower. 3-points can bring you above it.

Lastly, on more of a personal opinion question, how would you stat a wooden sword, like a bokken or bokutou? I have this vision of a Dawn (inspired by a recent watching of Thunderbolt Fantasy) who cuts through things with only a wooden sword. Maybe give it the bashing tag, but allow it to stunt for lethal? Maybe a tag representing it's relative fragility? Thanks for you time.
          Just take regular sword stats and swap out the Lethal tag for Bashing. Stunting for lethal sounds sweet.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by AtG View Post
            Any chance we might get any shards for Ex3
            I absolutely loved writing Shards, but loooong way down the line. Loooooooong.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

We're interested in doing a book on cults.
              Yes, yes, yes, you should definitely do that. It's very much something that's been missing from Exalted's fluff-book line so far. Or rather, the IO and CotI have been talked about in detail (though, for the IO, I feel not in enough detail), but other things have just been vaguely mentioned.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• It would really aid my current campaign to get this answered.

Can I use Performance to make any other social influence beside inspire. Does the Oratory part of Performance cover Instill or persuade?

If my character was giving a speech to his people would I roll Charisma + Performance to persuade them to go to war modifying it with oratory performance charms? Or would I roll Presence? Or would the single action of giving the speech be a performance roll and a presence roll. One to rile my people up with an inspire action then one as a presence action to persuade them, both rolls being represented by a single event?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                  It would really aid my current campaign to get this answered.

Can I use Performance to make any other social influence beside inspire. Does the Oratory part of Performance cover Instill or persuade?

If my character was giving a speech to his people would I roll Charisma + Performance to persuade them to go to war modifying it with oratory performance charms? Or would I roll Presence? Or would the single action of giving the speech be a performance roll and a presence roll. One to rile my people up with an inspire action then one as a presence action to persuade them, both rolls being represented by a single event?
                  Performance, Presence, and Socialize can each be used to make all types of influence rolls (instill, persuade, bargain, threaten, inspire) as long as that use makes sense in the fiction of your game.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Given that there's the possibility of cut content in Arms of the Chosen (if I understand correctly), has there been any consideration for extending it in volumes to be released later for additional works of artifice? Alternatively, could we see artifacts be dropped into splat books to cater to the respective splat?

I'd probably lose my shit if we saw books (even small ones) in the vein of Armory of the Realm, or Arsenal of the 7th Legion. Just throwing that out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aredin View Post
                      Given that there's the possibility of cut content in Arms of the Chosen (if I understand correctly), has there been any consideration for extending it in volumes to be released later for additional works of artifice? Alternatively, could we see artifacts be dropped into splat books to cater to the respective splat?

I'd probably lose my shit if we saw books (even small ones) in the vein of Armory of the Realm, or Arsenal of the 7th Legion. Just throwing that out there.
                      When we were cutting artifacts, "can we bring this back in a later book" was a major consideration.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does the Traveler's Road of Whitewall terminate in the city of Pneuma on the coast, or in another location?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• When creating our own magic weapons/powers which let you attack with an unusual ability, like the Burning Name lets you attack with Occult, are there any abilities that would be mechanically broken to allow? Like, Solar Craft has so many charms for extra dice and successes, it would be pretty broken to allow those charms to be used to attack. Are there any other abilities like that?

Comment

Performance, Presence, and Socialize can each be used to make all types of influence rolls (instill, persuade, bargain, threaten, inspire) as long as that use makes sense in the fiction of your game.
                            Would you be willing to provide some examples of how each of these actions would look in context of those 3 abilities?

For an explanation on what I am doing for Ex3 Absorptions look: Here
                            Looking for critiques and brain storming on Fivefold Shadow Hand Path: Here

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

*Scion 2E purview list: Sun, War, Passion (Compassion), Passion (Valor), Passion (Conviction), Passion (Temperance), Order, Health, Prosperity

Callings: Guardian, Leader, Warrior
                              Why Prosperity? Because of his goldenness?

But sexually.

Comment

• So shaping rituals are 5-dot merits for mortals who want to become sorcerers. So two questions from this:

1) Once the mortal is a sorcerer, would a new ritual still be a 5-dot merit (if we're talking about PC's of course)
                                2) If an Exalted sorcerer wanted to pick up a new shaping ritual, would that still be 5-dots or can they get it through role play?

I have created a character creation tool. The thread talking about the tool can be found here.

I like the Mesoamerican look.

Comment

Working...
                                X