This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hurum View Post

So DAT will always generate 2 Onslaught - even if you miss with the "first" attack?
    No; if you miss the attack roll, there's never a chance for the second attack to proc.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post

Well, you have this Deathlord that has multiple wangs.... and i'll stop there.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How would the Virtuous Guardian of Flame Spell interact with Blinded by Laughter from White Veil Style?

Comment

• I'm sure this jas been answered before but I can't find it, so...

How many entities in Creation manifest anima banners? Like I know most all Exalted save for some exigents if I recall comments on them getting anima banners right, bit does anything else? Because I was thinking about the classification of Solars and Lunars as Anathema and the iconic visual anime power display they share with other Exalted, Terrestrials included.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
            I'm sure this jas been answered before but I can't find it, so...

How many entities in Creation manifest anima banners? Like I know most all Exalted save for some exigents if I recall comments on them getting anima banners right, bit does anything else? Because I was thinking about the classification of Solars and Lunars as Anathema and the iconic visual anime power display they share with other Exalted, Terrestrials included.
            Only Exalted have anima banners proper, although it's not impossible that something might have a glowy aura that could be mistaken for an anima banner.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              Only Exalted have anima banners proper, although it's not impossible that something might have a glowy aura that could be mistaken for an anima banner.
              That's what I thought. What's the official Immaculate line explaining it away on Anathema? Aping the true form of Exalted or just "screw you and your questions, its demon light now make sure to report one if you see it"

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpharius View Post

That's what I thought. What's the official Immaculate line explaining it away on Anathema? Aping the true form of Exalted or just "screw you and your questions, its demon light now make sure to report one if you see it"
                Immaculates and lay Dragon-Blooded who are well-versed in the true nature of the Anathema are aware it's because the Solar and Lunar Anathema are themselves Exalted. The peasantry (and the Dragon-Blooded not interested in theology) don't really need to know much more than "it's because they stole the power of the sun and moon."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Wondering, is there a set or approximate number of the exigences that the Unconquered Sun can create? Or is how they work really that different to Exaltions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Therian View Post
                    How would the Virtuous Guardian of Flame Spell interact with Blinded by Laughter from White Veil Style?
                    I'm assuming you're referring to the Virtuous Guardian of Flame's ability to detect threats the sorcerer is unaware of. It'd still get to roll against the White Veil stylist's (Manipulation + Socialize), and if it beats it, would provide the normal benefits of a defend other even against an ambush (although the sorcerer would still suffer all the downsides of an ambush if the attacker overcomes the Guardian's Parry).

The same is true of ambushes and defend others generally.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
                      Wondering, is there a set or approximate number of the exigences that the Unconquered Sun can create? Or is how they work really that different to Exaltions?
                      Even the most learned savants could only speculate. If the Unconquered Sun is aware of a limit, he ain't telling.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        I'm assuming you're referring to the Virtuous Guardian of Flame's ability to detect threats the sorcerer is unaware of. It'd still get to roll against the White Veil stylist's (Manipulation + Socialize), and if it beats it, would provide the normal benefits of a defend other even against an ambush (although the sorcerer would still suffer all the downsides of an ambush if the attacker overcomes the Guardian's Parry).

The same is true of ambushes and defend others generally.

I guess my confusion is as written in the KS Draft the martial artists rolls their Manipulation + Socialize against the victims Resolve. Did it change in the final draft?

Comment

• Do elementals subsist on or trade in the prayers and worship of mortals the way gods do? If not, do they have some other fungible currency that abstracts their economy above the trading of specific favors and boons?

Comment

• There's a number of signature spells, and a few charms, that let you add evocations. The Amulet of Ten Thousand Eyes, signature Wood Dragon's claws, that sort of thing.

IIRC, you said they should be equivalent to a level 3 artefact's evocations, not a level 5's, is that correct?

But my actual question is should their evocation tree be as powerful as if they were Resonant with the evocations (since Resonant evocations tend to be more powerful), or as if they weren't Resonant or Dissonant?
                            (I assume that Evocations from signature spells, etc, should not be Dissonant level)

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Therian View Post

I guess my confusion is as written in the KS Draft the martial artists rolls their Manipulation + Socialize against the victims Resolve. Did it change in the final draft?
                              For the sake of simplicity, I'd just have the Guardian roll its normal pool in place of Resolve.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BestCaseSurvival View Post
                                Do elementals subsist on or trade in the prayers and worship of mortals the way gods do? If not, do they have some other fungible currency that abstracts their economy above the trading of specific favors and boons?
                                Elementals are diverse enough that I don't think there'd be any singular economy for them. Some of them, like greenmaws, probably lack the sapience for any kind of economy at all, while others, like ifrits and cloud people, likely have their own distinctive systems.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X