X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also sorry for the double-post but I tried to edit this question into my last post and the forums ended up eating it. Regarding parity (or lack thereof) between Solars and Lunars in mixed groups: is there any chance we'll see some guidelines for tweaking power levels to taste, for the benefit of players who aren't that wedded to baseline setting assumptions? In particular, I'm thinking that the Apocryphal keyword from Miracles of the Solar Exalted could do some heavy lifting here, allowing Lunar PCs to play around at the same levels of cosmic "whuh-oh!" as capstone Solar Charms such as Eye of the Unconquered Sun or God-King's Shrike without deforming the setting through the assumption that all Lunars must then necessarily be capable of the same.

Comment

• I might be remembering wrong, but I think I read a long time ago that there were going to be more Infernal Exalted in 3E than just the Green Sun Princes. Assuming I didn't dream that, is that still in the cards?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thesaurasaurus View Post
        Hey, apologies if this question has been answered before, but: how do Charms such as Wake the Sleeper and Design Beyond Limit interact with Charms that create Artifacts with Evocations? I'm specifically thinking of ones such as Immaculate Golden Bow or Glorious Solar Saber, which ordinarily allow repurchases to add Evocations to the Artifact's repertoire. Would it be possible to use the aforementioned Lore or Craft Charms to add and/or unlock additional Evocations beyond the number granted by repurchases, or are they only able to target free-standing, "permanent" Artifacts?
        Hmm. I'm not sure what the intention was, although I don't think there'd be any harm in allowing it.

If they can be used in this fashion, what dot rating should Charm-created Artifacts be considered to have?
        Default to three dots.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Thesaurasaurus View Post
          Also sorry for the double-post but I tried to edit this question into my last post and the forums ended up eating it. Regarding parity (or lack thereof) between Solars and Lunars in mixed groups: is there any chance we'll see some guidelines for tweaking power levels to taste, for the benefit of players who aren't that wedded to baseline setting assumptions?
          That's something we might discuss in the Storyteller's Guide.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Minty View Post
            I might be remembering wrong, but I think I read a long time ago that there were going to be more Infernal Exalted in 3E than just the Green Sun Princes. Assuming I didn't dream that, is that still in the cards?
            It's not. The Green Sun Princes are the only Infernal Exalted.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can't remember if this has been answered, but how does Safety Among Enemies (and any similar effect) work when redirecting an attack against a target with a defensive excellency or other reflexive defence enhancer? Can they just choose to pay until their defence beats the redirected attack (dice caps permitting), or is the attack compared against their base defence to see if it hits them.

Comment

• In what ways have Lunars been interacting with the Underworld?

Comment

• Do Exalted count as mortals for effects that affect mortals (Such as charm effects)?

Comment

• Will the Exigents book contain new Martial Arts, Sorcery, and/or Artifacts?

Comment

• Originally posted by NullApostle View Post
                      Will the Exigents book contain new Martial Arts, Sorcery, and/or Artifacts?
                      Exigents will be sufficiently overstuffed that we won't have room, aside from specific character elements like Strawmaiden Janest's artifact scythe.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• (double post)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
                          Do Exalted count as mortals for effects that affect mortals?
                          Nope. Once you Exalt, you're in the big leagues.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                            In what ways have Lunars been interacting with the Underworld?
                            Not in a single, monolithic way that's easy to generalize about it. There's some mention of the ways individual Lunars have done so in Fangs at the Gate.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by RustedAir View Post
                              Can't remember if this has been answered, but how does Safety Among Enemies (and any similar effect) work when redirecting an attack against a target with a defensive excellency or other reflexive defence enhancer? Can they just choose to pay until their defence beats the redirected attack (dice caps permitting), or is the attack compared against their base defence to see if it hits them.
                              They get a chance to use defensive Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can you choose whether to heal bashing or lethal first with Wound-Mending Care Technique or does it always heal bashing first?

Comment

Working...
                                X